Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"The organizations that I've been in that have been in trouble over the years is when they don't admit their mistakes..."

WhoRUSupposed2Be

This here is a quote from Mike Shanahan.

It was taken from this article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/06/AR2011010606204_2.html?sid=ST2011010700588

"The organizations that I've been in that have been in trouble over the years is when they don't admit their mistakes. They make a mistake, and they keep on trying to cover for it for three or four years, telling people how smart they were for doing it. Well, if it's not working out, it's not working out."

[/Quote]

I've got to wonder if this is how his approach will be from here on out with every player including the quarterback which he drafts. Normally, you'd like a small window of at least 3yrs. for a quarterback to show his merits, but do you think that Shanahan would be willing to go through a situation much like The Ravens went through with Trent Dilfer... build a formidable defense to compliment a mediocre to average offense.

his philosophy might be different for a draft pick rookie over a vet he gets by trading draft picks.

that quote is obviously centered around the McNabb issue. He traded 2 draft picks to get McNabb.

Now would he give a 1st round pick QB more than 12 games before moving on?... probably would.

Sometimes, you just have to cut your losses and realize that Andy Reid pulled one over on us.

It was a brilliant move by Reid. He realized that even in the unlikely event that McNabb had one great year left in him, the Skins still wouldn't be good enough to be a threat. And he also knew that the odds of McNabb having a great season in his first year in a new system (after 11 years in another one) were slim. He probably figured that by the time the Skins had enough talent to be a factor, McNabb would no longer be a threat. And, if he felt that he was better off starting the season with the unproven Kolb at QB than with McNabb, well that tells you a lot.

It was a brilliant move by Reid. He realized that even in the unlikely event that McNabb had one great year left in him, the Skins still wouldn't be good enough to be a threat. And he also knew that the odds of McNabb having a great season in his first year in a new system (after 11 years in another one) were slim. He probably figured that by the time the Skins had enough talent to be a factor, McNabb would no longer be a threat. And, if he felt that he was better off starting the season with the unproven Kolb at QB than with McNabb, well that tells you a lot.

I don't think Reid had to be a rocket scientist to know these things. A lot of us saw it coming.

This here is a quote from Mike Shanahan.

It was taken from this article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/06/AR2011010606204_2.html?sid=ST2011010700588

I've got to wonder if this is how his approach will be from here on out with every player including the quarterback which he drafts. Normally, you'd like a small window of at least 3yrs. for a quarterback to show his merits, but do you think that Shanahan would be willing to go through a situation much like The Ravens went through with Trent Dilfer... build a formidable defense to compliment a mediocre to average offense.

Dilfer was with the Ravens for a year. He wasn't drafted by the Ravens. What are you talking about????

Maybe that Billick wasn't really enamored with Dilfer at QB, he made a bunch of dumb throws.

I understand why Billick wasn't enamored with Dilfer. Again. What is the OP talking about???? It makes ZERO sense. So they had Dilfer for a year WHEN they had a number 1 defense.

What does that have to do with the Redskins OR the quote?

Nothing.

I understand why Billick wasn't enamored with Dilfer. Again. What is the OP talking about???? It makes ZERO sense. So they had Dilfer for a year WHEN they had a number 1 defense.

What does that have to do with the Redskins OR the quote?

Nothing.

I was just trying to throw some sort of vague connection, not actually trying to make an argument. I was equally lost by that analogy.

Archived