Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Champs Sports Bowl- NCSUx versus WVU

benskins26

I know there's a lot of people from Raleigh and West Virginia on here, so I figured I'd see if we could get a game thread going.

Who you got? My gut says State (though I hate to admit it, the wolfpeckers are the WORST) because Russell Wilson is dynamic, but regardless, I think this is going to be a great, high scoring game.

---------- Post added December-28th-2010 at 06:38 PM ----------

Guess there's not as much interest in this as i thought. lol

What is Devine's deal? I know he's been hurt most the year, what year is he? Where could he go in the draft? He's explosive

He got hurt (foot) by a bush league out of bounds tackle against LSU. Then, he hurt his ankle a few games later.

I think he is a late round flyer these days. Would probably make a good return guy at least (like Antonio Brown has in Pittsburgh).

Both teams are showing a lot of rust so far.

Since NC state was picked over my Terps for this bowl (after MD beat them), **** em. Go Mountaineers!

Yep, that was some horse****. But, UMD fans can't fill 75% of their stadium. Though, as much as NCSU fans talk about being able to travel well, I won 2 really good seats to this game, and tried to sell them first for less than face, then for 50 bucks total, and I didn't even get an offer. ridiculous

Yep, that was some horse****. But, UMD fans can't fill 75% of their stadium. Though, as much as NCSU fans talk about being able to travel well, I won 2 really good seats to this game, and tried to sell them first for less than face, then for 50 bucks total, and I didn't even get an offer. ridiculous

The upper deck is looking pretty empty in this game. I guess they can blame the snow...but the attendance record for this bowl is 56,000. Not exactly the Orange Bowl.

Ticket sales are often cyclical to the next season. Terps were 2-10 in 09. After a dismal season last year, lots of Terps fans would have sprung for the game. I would have tried to go.

Meh.

The upper deck is looking pretty empty in this game. I guess they can blame the snow...but the attendance record for this bowl is 56,000. Not exactly the Orange Bowl.

Ticket sales are often cyclical to the next season. Terps were 2-10 in 09. After a dismal season last year, lots of Terps fans would have sprung for the game. I would have tried to go.

Meh.

Good point. Too bad. You could had my tickets. Front row, middle of the field, on the mezzanine level. I would have given my tickets to a ES person, especially one rooting against NCsux.

---------- Post added December-28th-2010 at 07:46 PM ----------

He got hurt (foot) by a bush league out of bounds tackle against LSU. Then, he hurt his ankle a few games later.

I think he is a late round flyer these days. Would probably make a good return guy at least (like Antonio Brown has in Pittsburgh).

Both teams are showing a lot of rust so far.

Devine is so FAST. But small. I wish we had a spot for him on our team, but we have too many small, fast guys.

I didn't hear that, but do you disagree? No ACC team could either

Not at all do I disagree, but if I am the AD of a conference team I sure as hell don't say that

I think in the next 5 years the ACC will start to produce legit MNC contenders again. FSU has been lights out recruiting, VT will always be top 10-15 in preseason polls, UNC has been recruiting very well, Al Golden will improve Miami. As long as ACC teams stop beating up on each other of course

Not at all do I disagree, but if I am the AD of a conference team I sure as hell don't say that

I think in the next 5 years the ACC will start to produce legit MNC contenders again. FSU has been lights out recruiting, VT will always be top 10-15 in preseason polls, UNC has been recruiting very well, Al Golden will improve Miami. As long as ACC teams stop beating up on each other of course

True on all accounts. As much as the ACC gets **** on by national media, people don;t seem to recognize that the conference is just really competitive from top to bottom. It's not like the Pac-10 with USC (prior to this year of course), or Big Ten in just about any year but this year.

So am I the last one left watching this game?

:ols:

WVU's kicker is awful. That WVU O has been incredibly unclutch tonight against a very bad NCSU D.

The WVU D, as advertised has been terrific. NCSU is very dynamic but only has 16 points

---------- Post added December-28th-2010 at 09:36 PM ----------

Wow, WVU punt returner drops the punt after calling for a fair catch

Sanders muffs it and NCSU has the ball at the WVU 9 with 5 minutes left

---------- Post added December-28th-2010 at 09:40 PM ----------

That was a great play by Russel Wilson to find a man open in the endzone. That pretty much clinches this game for NCSU

23-7 NCSU over WVU with 4 minutes left

I don't know that NC State has a very bad Defense. 39th in points against.

They were consistently shredded this season. VT, ECU, UMD. Its that D that caused them to end up in the Champs Sports Bowl after being a top 15 team early

Clearly the matchup this game was the NCSU O vs the WVU D. I just didn't expect WVU's D to be this bad

Clearly we had two different expectations for our programs this year. State had the most atrocious defense of all time last year so this was a monumental improvement. While Tech's D wasn't as good as normal, it wasn't bad compared to a ton of other teams.

Clearly we had two different expectations for our programs this year. State had the most atrocious defense of all time last year so this was a monumental improvement. While Tech's D wasn't as good as normal, it wasn't bad compared to a ton of other teams.

Understood.

Nice win for your boys tonight. A good win for the ACC tonight, that was total domination by NCSU

Thanks. I wasn't too hyped about the game, but it's good to end the season with a win against a legit team. Now for State fans it's a question of if Russell Wilson stays or goes to play for the Colorado Rockies.

BTW, Some of my best friends went to Tech so I hope you guys take it to Stanford.

Thanks. I wasn't too hyped about the game, but it's good to end the season with a win against a legit team. Now for State fans it's a question of if Russell Wilson stays or goes to play for the Colorado Rockies.

BTW, Some of my best friends went to Tech so I hope you guys take it to Stanford.

Some would argue if WVU is legit.

Archived