Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I've no idea on how to format a thread title because I never read Rule #10

brdawk20

As soon as I read "Rumor has it" I immediately exit the article. Talk about lack of press integrity, I wrote better pieces in my High School AP Literature classes.

And "rumor has it" wouldn't have been an acceptable reference in High School, but apparently it counts as a "source" for the modern journalist. And they wonder why no one reads the newspaper anymore, something about how no one read nowadays (which is funny cause internet news sites, which also have to be read, are doing fine). It's bad enough to have nearly every journalist in the country basing stories off of bull **** like this, but to pay for it? No thanks.

The other thing is, why SHOULDN'T this have been written about Dallas? They're currently tied for worst in the division, and THEY were supposed to go to the SB this year. So, I have a hard time believing that their situation is so much better than ours has been, when we didn't fall from any pedestal. More like we were already lying down and just kind of slumped over a bit more.

The Cowboys fired their coach mid-season because things were so terrible that the eventual SB champs were 1-7 and no one could bear the site of Wade anymore.

The Cowboys lost the "last place in the league bowl" vs Minnesota when both teams had won only one game.

They were completely destroyed and embarrassed by Green Bay 45-7 on Sunday night football, which was a worse defeat than the 59-28 we took from the Eagles.

The Cowboys let Tony Romo sits to pee sit on the roster for over half the season, probably to keep fans paying for tickets, because, in their best scenario, he was going to be back in week 15, only to place the guy on IR in week 15.

I'm not saying this is "media conspiracy" but this is one of those articles that makes me wonder why people think that the Skins don't get picked on a little more than necessary when there are other perfectly ***** teams to pick on.

Good luck this year Philly troll. You're squad has a pretty good shot of going all the way.

But don't think for one minute that YOU ARE GOING TO WIN IT ALL.:stop:

You know as well as we do that the Iggles are going to come up short when it matters most.:ols:

Why?

Because that's what the Philadelphia Eagles do. That is who they are.:deal:

The Eagles can be good, but never great. And you know this.

Don't get me wrong troll, your ownership, FO, roster, staff, gameday experience... etc. are all much better than the Redskins. But there's still one thing. Actually, three things that we have to dangle over your pathetic, poor sportsmanshiped fanbase. And you know that it eats you up inside as the kid brother in this division. We may not have much here in DC, but at least we've got Lombardis, and you don't. I sleep better at night knowing that.

Happy Holidays.

Good luck this year Philly troll. You're squad has a pretty good shot of going all the way.

You know as well as we do that the Iggles are going to come up short when it matters most.:ols:

Why?

Don't get me wrong troll, your ownership, FO, roster, staff, gameday experience... etc. are all much better than the Redskins. But there's still one thing. Actually, three things that we have to dangle over your pathetic, poor sportsmanshiped fanbase. And you know that it eats you up inside as the kid brother in this division. We may not have much here in DC, but at least we've got Lombardis, and you don't. I sleep better at night knowing that.

Happy Holidays.

Why am I a troll? Unlike a few of my Philly fan brethern that come here, I have never puffed out my chest about my team. I like the conversation with quite a few guys here.

Oh well, 'tis the season to be happy. Have a great holiday RFKFedEx.

Why am I a troll? Unlike a few of my Philly fan brethern that come here, I have never puffed out my chest about my team. I like the conversation with quite a few guys here.

Don't sweat some of these fans, it's good to see the rest of the NFC East fans hating on Dallas more than the Redskins. I think Philly has a great chance of making the Super Bowl and the way Vick is playing you have a good shot at winning your 1st.

Why am I a troll? I like the conversation with quite a few guys here.

I welcome opposing fans to our board and I don't mind them starting threads as long as they are contributing something interesting.

Publishing a generic Yahoo piece summarizing the ills of the Redskins and the awesomeness of the Eagles in 2010, doesn't exactly light the lamp for discussion around here.

You may come in peace, but I sense some horn tooting. Hope I'm wrong.

And "rumor has it" wouldn't have been an acceptable reference in High School, but apparently it counts as a "source" for the modern journalist. And they wonder why no one reads the newspaper anymore, something about how no one read nowadays (which is funny cause internet news sites, which also have to be read, are doing fine). It's bad enough to have nearly every journalist in the country basing stories off of bull **** like this, but to pay for it? No thanks.

The other thing is, why SHOULDN'T this have been written about Dallas? They're currently tied for worst in the division, and THEY were supposed to go to the SB this year. So, I have a hard time believing that their situation is so much better than ours has been, when we didn't fall from any pedestal. More like we were already lying down and just kind of slumped over a bit more.

The Cowboys fired their coach mid-season because things were so terrible that the eventual SB champs were 1-7 and no one could bear the site of Wade anymore.

The Cowboys lost the "last place in the league bowl" vs Minnesota when both teams had won only one game.

They were completely destroyed and embarrassed by Green Bay 45-7 on Sunday night football, which was a worse defeat than the 59-28 we took from the Eagles.

The Cowboys let Tony Romo sits to pee sit on the roster for over half the season, probably to keep fans paying for tickets, because, in their best scenario, he was going to be back in week 15, only to place the guy on IR in week 15.

I'm not saying this is "media conspiracy" but this is one of those articles that makes me wonder why people think that the Skins don't get picked on a little more than necessary when there are other perfectly ***** teams to pick on.

EXCELLENT post!!! :cheers: It is amazing how many people ignore how bad the media twists things around to pile on top of this team and franchise. I know that the team hasn't done a whole lot on the field in the past decade to earn compliments and praise, but the lack of journalistic integrity that this team has been the victim of over the years is beyond ridicules. And, we have so many "fans" on this very board who have fallen victim to the media trash talk. It is pathetic.

I don't disagree with the Yahoo article one bit. It's all true.

Maybe I'm extra sensitive this holiday because the team I've loved for life has sucked for more than half of it. And there's no sign of our suckage relenting any time soon. To be reminded of it by a fan of a winning NFCE rival is rather irritating when he's in our own house at ES.

I don't disagree with the Yahoo article one bit. It's all true.

Maybe I'm extra sensitive this holiday because the team I've loved for life has sucked for more than half of it. And there's no sign of our suckage relenting any time soon. To be reminded of it by a fan of a winning NFCE rival is rather irritating when he's in our own house at ES.

Hey, need I remind you that Eagle fans know what it's like to suffer major suckage for years? You never had a coach as bad as Rich Kotite.

And doubledown with a Spurrier

And I'll call with Marion Campbell, the coach with the third lowest winning percentage among coaches who have coached three years or more. The only two worse are Bert Bell, a co-founder of the Eagles (!), and David Shula.

Wow, our teams have had some bad coaches in their history.

Saying this is an "article" is being generous.

Just so you know, here is the bio on the guy who wrote this:

I am an avid skier, sports fan,and music fan. I have an MBA, I'm experienced in management, operations, and customer service. I currently work for a Fortune 100 company in operations. I serve as a director for a credit union, and serve as the human resources chair and President Elect on the board of directors for a non-profit organization. I am the Blues Examiner for Harpers Ferry. My articles have appeared on the Tim Tebow Fanpage, Yahoo! Sports, Rivals.com, Helium, the Examiner and more. I like to write articles, blogs (http://mikespainwrites.blogspot.com/), poetry and like to travel.

So basically this is McD5 lol :ols:...in other words, it's just another guy with an opinion who, without the interwebz, would probably never have anything he's written "published". Not to say that he wrote anything particularly wrong or unnecessarily negative, but just that this is nothing more than a message board post disguised as actual sports journalism because it has the Yahoo! logo above it.

And any of us saying "the truth hurts" is pretty generic as well...listing 5 embarrassing moments from any team's season isn't exactly something where you tend to get the facts wrong, afterall lol...although I'd say having the team go from 5-5 to 5-9 is not "truly embarrassing" as this guy claims. In fact, it could easily be argued that considering how the Redskins got their 5 wins, going from 5-5 to 5-9 was not only NOT embarrassing, but it was to be expected.

that "article" was stupid. only 2 of those things were credible (losing streak and monday night game). that writer, along with everyone else, has NO CLUE what the hell happened with the Mcnabb and Haynesworth situations. i guess it's easier to pass judgement that way.

Why?

Happy Holidays.

id love to think this with you, but i have to say, the only thing keeping them back, is now sitting on the Redskins bench.

Archived