Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 NFC Pro Bowl

pointyfootball

:troll:

---------- Post added December-23rd-2010 at 11:27 AM ----------

He scored the only TD in the first Cowboys-Redskins game, on a strip-score. He's been a solid tackler all season, and he's second in the NFL in INTs. With the way the system is set up, he's having a Pro-bowl caliber year.

Dude, you're arguing about the Pro Bowl with someone who has an ES Tag of "tonyromoprobowl"!!! :ols:

I think D.Hall had a good season this year, and I really can't stand him. Cowboys fans have always had a grudge against him for whatever reason - even when he was in Atlanta.

The guy gets burned from time to time, but hell, most of em' do.

As a skins fan, we havn't had a guy that could catch the ball like that since champ.

Haslett preaches turnovers, so it's unlikely D.hall gets cut next year, but I could see D.Hall becoming a problem somewhere down the line.

Geeze, these are terrible pro bowl rosters. How is Aaron Rodgers not in? How do Charles Woodson and Deangelo Hall get in over Tramon Williams? Jay Ratliff and Justin Smith over B.J. Raji and/or Cullen Jenkins?

I also think Sitton should be in, but I won't complain since he quietly goes about his business and is never noticed outside of Green Bay.

Did you hear: Matt Ryan is the next Peyton Manning? ;)

After last year, I'm not surprised by anything anymore.

Hakeem Nicks was robbed. There is no way Desean Jackson deserved to be a Pro Bowl WR more than him.

Nicks: 79rec, 1,052, 11 TD

Jackson: 45 rec, 1,056, 6 TD

Of course, Shaun O'Hara has no business being there either. The only center worse than him in the conference this season was probably Casey Rabach.

Hakeem Nicks was the first snub that came to mind in the NFC.

My only thought is that - outside of hard core fans - many people don't know who he is yet. He's an up-and-coming star in my mind, but not really a "big-name" yet, which is what the pro bowl is all about.

It's also amazing that, even in a really bad season, the Cowboys manage to get more pro bowlers than most. Their coaches, players and fans really do have that system figured out.

Hakeem Nicks was the first snub that came to mind in the NFC.

My only thought is that - outside of hard core fans - many people don't know who he is yet. He's an up-and-coming star in my mind, but not really a "big-name" yet, which is what the pro bowl is all about.

It's also amazing that, even in a really bad season, the Cowboys manage to get more pro bowlers than most. Their coaches, players and fans really do have that system figured out.

Nicks was a huge snub. As for the Cowboys the 5 players they sent this year, which do you feel didn't deserve to go?

Witten led all TE's with 90 catches for 952 yards and 8 TDs to go along with being one of the best blockers in the NFL.

McBriar led all punters in both average and net average,

Ware is tied for the lead in sacks as an OLB as well as leading the lead in QB pressures and defensive stops. Amazing that his "down year" is still better than about everyone else's. Not bad for an "average player" who's "only a product of his scheme". Especially when you consider that he's now on his 3rd or 4th defensive coordinator. All bias aside Ware is quickly becoming one of the best defensive players of his generation.

As for Ratliff and Gurode were outside of the top 5 in fan voting at their positions, so it certainly wasn't a Dallas popularity contest that they won. Coaches and other players see the film, play against them, and know that they're that good.

Since Ratliff was only 5th in fan voting he must of been the overwhelming winner among players and coaches to be named the starter.

Which was probably true but ultimately doesn't mean anything to how worthy he actually was for his spot.

A lot of players and coaches just see highlights, look at some stats, talk to a few guys in their same circle, and then vote accordingly, just like the rest of us. There's this strange myth that the player/coach vote is some kind of dead-on vote that makes up for the fan vote, but that's not true, and it's proven every year when random guys who obviously don't deserve it get in anyway, usually just based on name recognition.

Of course, it doesn't matter anyway because:

1- The Pro Bowl is stupid in its current format

2- Most of the guys voted in aren't even going to play as injuries, "injuries," and the Super Bowl take place, so probably 1/3rd of the currently voted roster will change

Nicks was a huge snub. As for the Cowboys the 5 players they sent this year, which do you feel didn't deserve to go?

Witten led all TE's with 90 catches for 952 yards and 8 TDs to go along with being one of the best blockers in the NFL.

McBriar led all punters in both average and net average,

Ware is tied for the lead in sacks as an OLB as well as leading the lead in QB pressures and defensive stops. Amazing that his "down year" is still better than about everyone else's. Not bad for an "average player" who's "only a product of his scheme". Especially when you consider that he's now on his 3rd or 4th defensive coordinator. All bias aside Ware is quickly becoming one of the best defensive players of his generation.

As for Ratliff and Gurode were outside of the top 5 in fan voting at their positions, so it certainly wasn't a Dallas popularity contest that they won. Coaches and other players see the film, play against them, and know that they're that good.

Witten gets a pass. Most of the productive TE's were in the AFC this year, as a lot of the TE's in the NFC were all injured at some point.

Gurode is likely the only center in the NFL to make the highlight reel (ala Haynesworth), but most know he has problems handling snaps (the most important job of any center - handling the ball). He was also the leader of a very undisciplined line. Doing his best RW31 impression. I gotta say, he must have a lot of friends around the league lol.

Mcbriar only punted the ball 57 times, which is a low amount punts; naturally his average will be better than a guy who punted 85 times (ie Donnie Jones - who's average was just a tad lower, and led the league in punts inside the 20) - not the first time he's been snubbed btw. Led the league in 2008; had a better average than Mcbriar in 2009, yet still didn't make it.

I like Ratliff, but didn't really think he had a good year. But that's what happens when you are on a losing team (atleast to most). The pro bowl is reserved for the elite. Can you say with a straight face that he had even a elite game this year?!

There are guys who get snubbed every year, who lead the league in all sorts of categories.

Just find it kinda odd so many Cowboys made it, and only a handful of Giants and Eagles players did. It is to be expected when they a decent season, but the season they had this year? cmon

The Cowboys have as many pro bowlers as they do wins ROFL

Jerrahs got ho's in different area codes, if you get my drift...

Hakeem Nicks was robbed. There is no way Desean Jackson deserved to be a Pro Bowl WR more than him.

Nicks: 79rec, 1,052, 11 TD

Jackson: 45 rec, 1,056, 6 TD

Of course, Shaun O'Hara has no business being there either. The only center worse than him in the conference this season was probably Casey Rabach.

O'Hara played 5 games this year. What is he doing in the Pro Bowl??

I love RAKPO........absolutely do....always have, but he is not having a pro bowl season....and LMAO @ Deangelo Hall.....was that a joke to see if everyone was paying attention?

Ready to eat that crow yet buddy? I told everyone that Hall would make it in... never said he was the best, but his jersey in the hall of fame spoke for him... good day fellas! ;)

undeserving.......reserve, there ya go. You were right i was wrong....but he still sucks :)

I agree, he gets beat like a red-headed step child every damn game.... when you are targeted, as much as he is, as a corner that means the QB knows he can take advantage of you. I always assume the dropped INT is Rogers and a touchdown pass against us was Hall blowing coverage

Dallas is gunna go 5-11 and still send five guys to Hawaii. What a joke. :laugh:

The only one I really don't agree with from Dallas is Gurode. I don't think he had a great year. He played well in certain games but he really screwed the pouch on occasion as well. I don't like that pick but the others I thought were worthy.

The only one I really don't agree with from Dallas is Gurode. I don't think he had a great year. He played well in certain games but he really screwed the pouch on occasion as well. I don't like that pick but the others I thought were worthy.
How is Ratliff worthy? He was a doormat this year.

I suppose it depends on what you are evaluating. I mean, if your comparing Ratliff to DTs, then yeah, your probably going to find guys who have better stats and maybe even better seasons but if your comparing NTs, then really only B.J. Raji of Green Bay have had a better season in the NFC. Unfortunately for Raji, I believe he got injured in his last game so he's probably not available. Ratliff has had a down year from previous seasons but he's still probably had as good or better then any other NT in the NFC. Depends on what you are looking at I guess. It's not like he's playing with a lot of help in that Dallas Interior. He's playing with Bowen, Olshansky, James and Brookings. None of those guys have really had good years and as an undersized NT, he's played a lot of snaps. I could see if the NFL elected to go in another direction on this pick but having watched the Cowboys all season, I don't really think anybody, other then Raji, was head and shoulders above Ratliff this season.

Raji has been healthy all year and still is. For all the injuries we've endured, especially on the defensive line, Raji has been there to anchor the line the entire season. With our top 4 DEs injured, Raji anchored the D-line next to two 3rd stringers and played all but 3 snaps in a shut-out of the Jets. I really can't believe he was snubbed this year, because he's been nothing but dominant anchoring our line despite so much instability surrounding him.

Raji has been healthy all year and still is. For all the injuries we've endured, especially on the defensive line, Raji has been there to anchor the line the entire season. With our top 4 DEs injured, Raji anchored the D-line next to two 3rd stringers and played all but 3 snaps in a shut-out of the Jets. I really can't believe he was snubbed this year, because he's been nothing but dominant anchoring our line despite so much instability surrounding him.

Really? I thought I read where he was injured. It must have been one of your other DLs. If that is the case, then I don't think there is any question, Raji is the more deserving for the season he has had. He's been drop dead good this year IMO.

Really? I thought I read where he was injured. It must have been one of your other DLs. If that is the case, then I don't think there is any question, Raji is the more deserving for the season he has had. He's been drop dead good this year IMO.

Maybe you're thinking of Cullen Jenkins who's been out a few games?

undeserving.......reserve, there ya go. You were right i was wrong....but he still sucks :)

And the Cowboys were supposed to go to the SB because of their 30 Pro Bowlers from last season. Yeah, I'm sure all those were well deserved too, right? Like, say, your two ***** corners?

Archived