Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 NFL ES Player Awards

pointyfootball

;8063986']Really? What Manning has done with what he has had to work with is nothing short of amazing. The Colts would be fighting for the number one pick in the draft instead of a division title without him. When you are throwing to a TE named Tamme and making it work' date=' I don't know how you couldn't be mentioned as an MVP candidate.

MVP isn't just the player who has the best stats. It is the person who has meant the most to his team. If that doesn't fit Manning, I don't know what does. It is easy to pick the guys who have tremendous numbers. Vick would be an easy pick but when you the weapons he has to work with, I could be an MVP candidate <please sense the sarcasm going that far>.

Rivers is another guy I considered because of the same reasons I picked Manning. But the Colts win 3 games, maybe without him.[/quote']

What he said...Manning has done amazing with that team.......This team would be 4-12 at best with any other QB

Peyton Manning for MVP? lmao...I stopped reading after that.

And for those of you that keep saying the Patriots would be a playoff team without Brady. Please pass me what you're smoking. Again, the backup is BRIAN HOYER. Matt Cassel isn't there anymore, guys.

Who the backup QB is should not make a difference? Heck, Mannings backup is Painter and Rivers backup is Volek! All three of these QB's deserve serious consideration for the award due to what they've done for their teams.

NFL 2010 Player Awards

Ballot Form:

MVP:

Tom Brady (66.6%, 3561yds, 7.9ypa, 31td/4int,109.9rtg, 17rushyds/1td)

He played the whole year and he has less weapons than Vick.

DPOY:

Clay Matthews, Packers (12.5sacks, 1int, 1FF, 53tot-tckls)

He is playing on a high level and he has been changing games with his plays.

OPOY:

Michael Vick

I will give this to Vick. He is just a handful to deal with. His rushing is still the same and has passing has gotten better tenfold.

DROY:

Sean Weatherspoon, Falcons, (12.5sacks, 1int, 1FF, 53tot-tckls)

Making an impact on a Championship team.

OROY

Dez Bryant, Cowboys (45rec/561yds, 6td, 2ret td)

I won't defend a Cowboy

CBPOY:

Michael Vick (not sure if he qualifies)

Brandon Lloyd, Broncos (67red/1264yds, 10td)

If not Vick, then Lloyd. Somebody on ES tell me that they didn't think he was done and prove it.

COY:

Mike Smith 2009: 9-7, 2010: 12-2

I didn't think the Falcons were going to be 12-2 this year.

The Kevin Kolb lead Eagles also beat the supposedly best team in the NFC in the Falcons. With Kevin Kolb I think the eagles are at worst a 6 win team, and at best an 11 win team. Either way the Eagles can win with Kevin Kolb leading the team. Hoyer is not leading the Patriots to a winning record let alone the division title and #1 seed.

I completely disagree with you on Peyton though. He has guys in his offense that have little knowledge of their responsibilties, his run game is pathetic, and his offensive line has not been up to snuff for most of the season. The team runs through him and they can't lean on anything else. Vick, Brady, Brees, Rivers, all have at least a run game, defense, or special teams that can help out. Peyton had a bad stretch of games, that also coincided with Donald Brown being his feature back (who finally had a good game).

Dude, I know Peyton's team has suffered alot of injuries. I get that. But the man still threw 11 picks in THREE GAMES!..That was the worst stretch of his entire career! And you think he's still worthy of MVP mention? This year? ..Seriously?...With Brady having 31 TD and just 4 picks? With Vick playing out of his mind? C'mon, man. That's ludicrous. Manning won't even get a SINGLE VOTE. Nor should he. Hell, Rodgers lost his RB the first week of the season. And if not for his concussion, he had a very good shot at getting them to the playoffs. Still does, to some degree. Brady lost his #1 WR in mid-season. Plus he has one of the worst defenses in football (at least pass defenses), that he has to overcome. Peyton? In my best Cris Carter voice: "Come on, man"!

---------- Post added December-24th-2010 at 11:49 PM ----------

;8063986']Really? What Manning has done with what he has had to work with is nothing short of amazing. The Colts would be fighting for the number one pick in the draft instead of a division title without him. When you are throwing to a TE named Tamme and making it work' date=' I don't know how you couldn't be mentioned as an MVP candidate.

MVP isn't just the player who has the best stats. It is the person who has meant the most to his team. If that doesn't fit Manning, I don't know what does. It is easy to pick the guys who have tremendous numbers. Vick would be an easy pick but when you the weapons he has to work with, I could be an MVP candidate <please sense the sarcasm going that far>.

Rivers is another guy I considered because of the same reasons I picked Manning. But the Colts win 3 games, maybe without him.[/quote']

Again, Manning is an absurd choice for MVP. Especially THIS year! There are two guys in the MVP running. Period. Its not even a discussion, outside of those two guys (Vick, Brady).

Now Rivers. I would actually give him more props this year than Manning for the award. And had he kept up his pace he would have possibly received some votes. But his production has fallen off the last 5 weeks. I think he's only thrown for 300 yards once over that span (Niners game).

Again, there are only two names in the running for MVP this year. C'mon, guys.

---------- Post added December-24th-2010 at 11:51 PM ----------

What he said...Manning has done amazing with that team.......This team would be 4-12 at best with any other QB

Not surprised you agreed with him. You've been off on pretty much everything lately.

---------- Post added December-24th-2010 at 11:53 PM ----------

Who the backup QB is should not make a difference? Heck, Mannings backup is Painter and Rivers backup is Volek! All three of these QB's deserve serious consideration for the award due to what they've done for their teams.

Dude, go look up Brady and Vick's numbers and then come re-join the conversation. And that goes for anyone that is claiming Peyton Manning deserves MVP consideration this year. Good grief! Now I'm reminded of why I don't venture to the ATN that much. Crazy talk.

---------- Post added December-24th-2010 at 11:55 PM ----------

Btw, try reading what is actually written. I took exeception to the guy who commented that the Patriots would still be a 10 win team without Brady. That's when I brought up who their backup was.Never said who the backup is mattered in the MVP race.

Ballot Form:

MVP: Brady, doing more with less, and I believe in his last seven games he has a 21/0 TD- INT ratio ( don't quote me on that though). Nevertheless, he is clearly playing some of the best ball of his career right now.

DROY: Suh, hands down. He's a beast, and he'll most likely reach double digit sacks before the season is over, that's insane for a defensive tackle, he also has 2 TD returns, one via an INT, and the other via a FF. He's going to anchor that Lions D-line for years to come.

DPOY: Clay Matthews, who's having another monster season, despite missing time due to injury.

OPOY: Philip Rivers, he's playing lights out, but it might be too little, too late for the Bolts as a whole. He's still having a monster season individually though, and for that, he gets my vote.

OROY: Bradford, no brainer, no one else even comes close IMO.

CBPOY: Vick, another no brainer. He's as dangerous as ever, and under the tutelage of Reid/Mornihnwheg, he has evolved into a great passer.

COY: Todd Haley

^^ That's pretty close to accurate about Brady. He's definitely the MVP if the vote were taken now. However, last Sunday the race got a little tighther.

As for DPOY. Suh is a good choice. However, he's slowly building a rep as a dirty player. I could see that possibly costing him a few votes. I voted Mathews. That award should be very tight.

As for Rivers. Like I said, had he kept up his torrid pace earlier he would even be possibly in the running for MVP. At one time he was on pace to shatter Marino's record. And he was doing so without alot of his key weapons. However, the last 5 weeks his production has taken a hit. Outside of the Niners game, his numbers haven't been all that impressive, lately.

Haley has no shot at COY, I don't think. Sure, he will likely get a few votes. But I just don't see it. I mean, he's done a great job this year. But many people (myself included) felt the Chiefs would be much improved this year. Plus he coaches in one of the worst divisions in football. There are probably only 3 serious candidates, imo: Belichick, Reid, and Mike Smith.

^^ That's pretty close to accurate about Brady. He's definitely the MVP if the vote were taken now. However, last Sunday the race got a little tighther.

As for DPOY. Suh is a good choice. However, he's slowly building a rep as a dirty player. I could see that possibly costing him a few votes. I voted Mathews. That award should be very tight.

As for Rivers. Like I said, had he kept up his torrid pace earlier he would even be possibly in the running for MVP. At one time he was on pace to shatter Marino's record. And he was doing so without alot of his key weapons. However, the last 5 weeks his production has taken a hit. Outside of the Niners game, his numbers haven't been all that impressive, lately.

Haley has no shot at COY, I don't think. Sure, he will likely get a few votes. But I just don't see it. I mean, he's done a great job this year. But many people (myself included) felt the Chiefs would be much improved this year. Plus he coaches in one of the worst divisions in football.

Damn, I need to go back and edit that, I meant to put in Suh for DROY, I completely left out my DPOY, who is Clay Matthews. :doh:

Dude, I know Peyton's team has suffered alot of injuries. I get that. But the man still threw 11 picks in THREE GAMES!..That was the worst stretch of his entire career! And you think he's still worthy of MVP mention? This year? ..Seriously?...With Brady having 31 TD and just 4 picks? With Vick playing out of his mind? C'mon, man. That's ludicrous. Manning won't even get a SINGLE VOTE. Nor should he. Hell, Rodgers lost his RB the first week of the season. And if not for his concussion, he had a very good shot at getting them to the playoffs. Still does, to some degree. Brady lost his #1 WR in mid-season. Plus he has one of the worst defenses in football (at least pass defenses), that he has to overcome. Peyton? In my best Cris Carter voice: "Come on, man"![/Quote]

You are entitled to your opinion as so am I. I look at MVP differently than you do. And I am sure that no one even considered Manning but me. Again, I don't look at stats alone. Yes, Manning had a stretch of bad INT's but I also think that has to do more with who is playing with him than him. Someone runs the wrong route or doesn't cut the route shorter because of a blitz that guys he is used to playing with does.

Again, you are entitled to pick who you want and so am I. Argue all you want, I will stick with my choice.

I am also a dog lover so there is no chance I would even consider that piece of garbage in an Eagles uniform.

;8064556']You are entitled to your opinion as so am I. I look at MVP differently than you do. And I am sure that no one even considered Manning but me. Again' date=' I don't look at stats alone. Yes, Manning had a stretch of bad INT's but I also think that has to do more with who is playing with him than him. Someone runs the wrong route or doesn't cut the route shorter because of a blitz that guys he is used to playing with does.

Again, you are entitled to pick who you want and so am I. Argue all you want, I will stick with my choice.

I am also a dog lover so there is no chance I would even consider that piece of garbage in an Eagles uniform.[/quote']

Dude, I don't look at stats, alone, either. But Manning was HORRIBLE for a 3 or 4 game stretch. Did you see the Chargers game? Or the Dallas game? You can blame it on guys being out all you want, but a majority of those 11 picks he had in that 3 game stretch were on Peyton. And he wasn't just awful "for Peyton" in that stretch of games. He was, perhaps, the worst QB in the NFL for that 3 or 4 game period. With that said, you still think he's worth of MVP consideration this year? With the seasons both Brady and Vick are having, its absolutely absurd to say either of those guys shouldn't win the award. And like I said earlier, those are the ONLY two with any real shot at the award this year (and rightfully so). And this is coming from a guy that has always liked Peyton, and has never been a real fan of Vick or Brady. You have to give credit where credit is due. Peyton Manning in NO WAY is deserving of even consideration for the MVP this year. That's just reality.

In New England, they have BRIAN HOYER as Brady's back up. Yeah, based on your posting history, you probably don't know a thing about the guy. And that's entirely my point. The Patriots likely wouldn't even be a playoff team this year if Brady wasn't in there. The Eagles would at least be in the hunt, if Kolb were the QB. You're nuts if you really think the Patriots, with Hoyer at QB, would be 10-4 right now. Especially with that defense. Please, use some logic.

If you're going to tell someone to use logic, you better look at all sides of the equation. When Bledsoe went down, some 6th round draft pick named Tom Brady took over--the same Tom Brady who was the 4th string QB the year before, behind Bledsoe, Tim Rattay (remember him?) and some guy named Bishop. A lot of people were saying what you are saying now..."The Patriots will not be good with a 6th round draft pick we know nothing about running the team..." The fact is, neither you, me, or anyone else here knows how good the Patriots would be with Hoyer running the show. If you want to go on past performances of no name QB's taking over the Patriots and succeeding, odds are that Hoyer would do okay--not Tom Brady okay, but enough to get a winning record.

As for Kolb being garbage...TRPB is a bit lost there.

If you're going to tell someone to use logic, you better look at all sides of the equation. When Bledsoe went down, some 6th round draft pick named Tom Brady took over--the same Tom Brady who was the 4th string QB the year before, behind Bledsoe, Tim Rattay (remember him?) and some guy named Bishop. A lot of people were saying what you are saying now..."The Patriots will not be good with a 6th round draft pick we know nothing about running the team..." The fact is, neither you, me, or anyone else here knows how good the Patriots would be with Hoyer running the show. If you want to go on past performances of no name QB's taking over the Patriots and succeeding, odds are that Hoyer would do okay--not Tom Brady okay, but enough to get a winning record.

As for Kolb being garbage...TRPB is a bit lost there.

Dude, the guy said the Patriots would be "about the same without Brady". He said they would be 10-4 right now with Hoyer. That's just plain ridiculous. And I know Brady was a surprise, especially to play as well as he has as a 6th round pick. But Hoyer is a scrub. And Tom Brady's are extremely rare. I can honestly say that Hoyer will never be a starting QB in the NFL. The other poster was basically saying that Hoyer was a better player than Kolb. That's insane.

Dude, the guy said the Patriots would be "about the same without Brady". He said they would be 10-4 right now with Hoyer. That's just plain ridiculous. And I know Brady was a surprise, especially to play as well as he has as a 6th round pick. But Hoyer is a scrub. And Tom Brady's are extremely rare. I can honestly say that Hoyer will never be a starting QB in the NFL. The other poster was basically saying that Hoyer was a better player than Kolb. That's insane.

I agree that making a statement comparing Kolb and Hoyer is off base, considering that we have no body of work to judge Hoyer on. But to say that Hoyer will, with 100% accuracy, will not be a starter in this league is equally off-base for the exact same reason. You can't have it both ways. Would I take Kolb? Yes, as he has shown that he can play in the league. Can I dismiss Hoyer? No, because I haven't seen him play in this league. New England back-ups seem to do well. Brady is great. Cassel isn't doing too bad either.

Archived