Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This Draft Would be Excellent for the Skins!!!

3 Rings

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1.asp

10 Washington

Redskins_logoslice.jpg

GreenAJ.jpgA.J. Green

Georgia

WRF

Reach/Value: +2

Height:

6'4"

Weight:

Alternate Selection #1

Robert Quinn

Alternate Selection #2

Julio Jones

Likely a dream scenario for Skins fans. AJ Green has the size, speed and ball skills to remind draft enthusiasts of prospects like Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson. The trouble with drafting WR's so high in the draft is that they can also remind draft enthusiasts of prospects like Desmond Howard and Charles Johnson. Moderate your hopes though, Skins fans, seeing the Shanahans operate doesn't make one think they want to spend such a high draft pick on a receiver, but I think Kyle Shanahan is missing having a premiere target in his attack. S Lilliston - Analyst

42 Washington

Redskins_logoslice.jpg

WisniewskiStefen.jpgStefen Wisniewski

Penn State

OC

Reach/Value: +8

Height:

6'3"

Weight:

Alternate Selection #1

Jake Kirkpatrick

Alternate Selection #2

Ryan Kerrigan

In desperate need of youth and talent on the offensive line, the Redskins would be highly fortunate to find Wisniewski awaiting them at this selection. He has the pedigree to go along with all of his skill and really does have the complete game for an OC prospect. He will need to get stronger but the game will not be too big for him. Watching Penn State games this year showed that Stefen is a pretty good technician but also fires off the ball with a bit of a nasty streak. A solid base didn't land him in his own backfield very often. Somewhere Redskins fans routinely locate Casey Rabach.

If we have to take the picks where we take them and don't trade down....I'd take these two fellas!

Is there any chance that AJ Green lasts all the way to the 10th pick? I haven't read a single thing that indicates that's even remotely possible. I've seen some that have him as high as #2 overall.

He could make it but personally I dont even see us at pick #10 more around the 6 or 8 range and that puts us as a prime target for him. If we don't get Green I'm not going to fret over a guy like Julio Jones who is a very physical WR who would fit in perfectly to our scheme. Basically Jones and Green are both great fits for our scheme

Is there any chance that AJ Green lasts all the way to the 10th pick? I haven't read a single thing that indicates that's even remotely possible. I've seen some that have him as high as #2 overall.

I still get the feeling Justin Blackmon or Julio Jones, if not both, jump over AJ Green. I think all 3 have the talent to be very good in the NFL, but those two are a little higher. That being said, I hope one of those 2 fall to us.

I think its possible. I know either he, Julio Jones or both will be available and I think the Skins will end up around 7 or 8 in the order. It has to do more with the needs of the other teams at the top I think...

Oh and I think you mean Charles Rogers, not Charles Johnson.

I hope they don't take a skill position with the first pick, unless it's a QB their dead set on as being their guy; but I wouldn't worry about someone falling to us at 10. We'll be picking a few spots higher than that when all's said and done.

Hail.

I hope they don't take a skill position with the first pick, unless it's a QB their dead set on as being their guy; but I wouldn't worry about someone falling to us at 10. We'll be picking a few spots higher than that when all's said and done.

Hail.

Actually though Green is one of those guys you take even if there's a guy there because he's a very gifted WR there's no question about it. Plus with the moves we could do in FA we could have a lot of leeway heading into the draft

Actually though Green is one of those guys you take even if there's a guy there because he's a very gifted WR there's no question about it. Plus with the moves we could do in FA we could have a lot of leeway heading into the draft

Well, that's the other thing with discussing this so early. A lot's dependent both on what we do in FA, and what, if any, extra picks we manage to garner for the deadwood.

Hail.

Yeah, right now I think Green is the biggest gamble but would be the highest return on the investment if he pans out....i.e. dedicates himself to working out, learning the offense, etc. Jones is close to his ceiling IMO, though it sure isn't a bad ceiling! Green could just be one of those 80 catches 1,350yd, 10 td guys. You don't get many shots at them...ask Calvin Johnson supporters.

---------- Post added December-16th-2010 at 04:30 PM ----------

Well, that's the other thing with discussing this so early. A lot's dependent both on what we do in FA, and what, if any, extra picks we manage to garner for the deadwood.

Hail.

This is true...if we pick up VJAX then it re-arranges things. We gotta talk about something though...haha

This is true...if we pick up VJAX then it re-arranges things. We gotta talk about something though...haha

Oh, not knocking you man. Good discussion is always welcome. And this will get that.

I just never really know how to answer things like this and worse, "so what do you think in 2010 given this is our schedule" or the like. Uhmm, as I don't have a fricking clue on the roster, how the heck can I even begin to guess our record?

Hail.

Oh, not knocking you man. Good discussion is always welcome. And this will get that.

I just never really know how to answer things like this and worse, "so what do you think in 2010 given this is our schedule" or the like. Uhmm, as I don't have a fricking clue on the roster, how the heck can I even begin to guess our record?

Hail.

I hear you...I usually look at these discussions like snapshots you know? If things were as they are right now with the team, how would you draft? Thats how we have to look at it on the site. With the snapshot of the Skins right now I think they'd like having these guys. If they snag a 3rd for fat Al, like Schefter says then things could be looking up!

Even if we sign a WR I still feel we should draft one, I would go the drafting early route and sign a young WR in free-agency who would come relatively cheap but be very effective for our system (how cool would that be!). Second round on would strictly be the lines and linebacker postions...

Picking between Quinn and Green...Green is the more safe choice, but man Quinn is a beast. Quinn and Orakpo at the outside, LaRon beeing LaRon...if we can find 8th other badass, unhuman like fysical freaks...we would be scary on D#.

If we go Green in round one I would go Ryan Kerrigan in the second round....Stefen W. will be a good pro and start from day one until he retires but Kerrigan has far more potential. (yea I am a D# guy)

If Luck is unattainable, this is exactly what my #2 dream scenario would be. But I also think Green will be gone in the top 5 and we will be SOL somewhere in the 5-10 range (missing out on Dareus as well). If that's the case just replace AJ with Julio and follow the same idea, best WR available in the first, best interior OL available in the 2nd and we take a huge step forward.

My board for us in the first:

Luck (will be #1 overall)

Peterson (If we let Carlos walk, will also be gone in top 5)

Dareus (would be the anchor of our D for the next 10 years)

Green (if Art Monk and Darrell GREEN had a love child his name would be AJ GREEN)

Julio (realistic position to land a legit #1 WR in DC FINALLY!)

Praying we come out with one of the above in the first.

Second:

Paea (He'll be gone in the first)

Wisniewski (FUTURE HOG)

Hudson

Pouncey

:point2sky

They way everything is looking right now you could see

1st) AJ Green or Robert Quinn

2nd) C/G Pouncey....Both C Wisniewski and NT Paea will be gone by the second round.

I think they'll re-sign carlos rogers because he'll be cheaper than taking a CB in the first round.

I could also see the redskins taking a QB in the 2nd round, someone like locker or Christian Ponder but I doubt it.

I like this draft however i seen quite a lot of drafts where Wisniewski has been drafted in the mid-late 1st round and hopefully get another 2nd round pick if trade back so i think if we could draft Wisniewski/3-4 DE and in second round get NT and with are other 2nd round we should take a OLB/ C/G (if we don't draft Wisniewski)

They way everything is looking right now you could see

1st) AJ Green or Robert Quinn

2nd) C/G Pouncey....Both C Wisniewski and NT Paea will be gone by the second round.

I think they'll re-sign carlos rogers because he'll be cheaper than taking a CB in the first round.

I could also see the redskins taking a QB in the 2nd round, someone like locker or Christian Ponder but I doubt it.

This and a smart FA would improve the team tremendously. Just gotta be disciplined with things this offseason...

Archived