Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This Draft Would be Excellent for the Skins!!!

3 Rings

Is there any chance that AJ Green lasts all the way to the 10th pick? I haven't read a single thing that indicates that's even remotely possible. I've seen some that have him as high as #2 overall.

Oh and I think you mean Charles Rogers, not Charles Johnson.

I dont see anyway he drops that far but for our sake i think we will be picking higher than 10 prob going to be like 4,5,6

---------- Post added December-17th-2010 at 07:33 AM ----------

Julio (realistic position to land a legit #1 WR in DC FINALLY!)

Totally agree. We have been putting this positiona and the RB position on the back burner for a long time. I know we keep bringing fill in guys but we need to get two young motivated future stars at this position

Stefen Wisniewski is a BEAST. I purposely watched a couple of Penn State games this season just to check him out and he is an absolute monster. He busts ass on every single play and absolutely dominates his side in the run game. He plays guard though. I know a lot of people want him at Center but I'd take him at either position, he'd make our OL a lot better.

I like AJ Green but I honestly think our 1st round pick should go to a NT like Stephen Paea. Adding a dominant NT and a dominant C/G would make our team noticeably better and I think we can improve the WR corps in FA....(Sydney Rice/James Jones etc.)

Too bad this isn't Madden where we could find a way to couple Fat Al, Deadweight such as andre carter, maybe cooley, moss, portis, mid rounds picks, and what not.. to acquire capability to draft AJ Green/Jones AND Paea, Wisniewski, and Quinn/Kerrigan or a QB... because el redskin-o's have TONS of needs..

That being said.. PERSONALLY I would like to see AJ Green/Jones/Blackmon taken... preferrably Jones/Blackmon after a trade down, but we need more playmakers. OL quality is easier found in FA and 2nd+ rounds than game-dominating young stud receivers are.

There are so many different options/scenarios which could play out.

I would love to draft WR and have our own home grown Andre Johnson, it's the pretty pick, but we have more glaring needs. If we pick up V Jax a 6'5 230lb beast, we will be able to address our lines. Obviously we won't go C/OG with our first. Maybe we can look at a premier NT or a LB? What do you guys think about this? Having another threat to take it to the house would potentially free up Moss and co.

I thought Justin Blackmon was a sophomore?

---------- Post added December-17th-2010 at 04:46 PM ----------

They way everything is looking right now you could see

1st) AJ Green or Robert Quinn

2nd) C/G Pouncey....Both C Wisniewski and NT Paea will be gone by the second round.

I think they'll re-sign carlos rogers because he'll be cheaper than taking a CB in the first round.

I could also see the redskins taking a QB in the 2nd round, someone like locker or Christian Ponder but I doubt it.

I see us letting Carlos go and putting Barnes as the #2 with Buchanon staying in the nickel.

Just like drafting Trent Williams last year, drafting one center or guard is not going to get the Skins an offense. Drafting a Wide Receiver without fixing the offensive line isn't either. With the third and fourth round picks gone, you have essentially two draft picks to either try and fix the offensive line's biggest holes (center and guard) or draft a QB and a wide receiver. Or you can go defense, and find a nose tackle and a linebacker to start fixing the experiement with the 3-4. But I feel you only go for one of the three scenarios. (Fifth,s ixth and seventh round picks are likely to be camp fodder, nothing more.)

A good OL can make up for a variety of sins at QB, wide receiver and running back. And a good OL helps to keep your QB and running backs healthy so they make a complete season. Wisniewski is an upgrade over Rabach, but he's not even on the Rimington trophy watch list, given to the best center in college football, while Mike Pouncey is. Expect the Skins to be picking 7th or 8th and it's a 10 to 1 shot they'll find a trading partner that will give them draft picks along with a another lower first round pick. Although some may consider it a reach to get Pouncey with the 8th pick, when you figure that either Franklin or Hudson might still be around at number 40 and you've fixed two fifths of your OL for the next six or seven years.

Drafting one wide receiver and one offensive lineman is better than going QB/WR but it will not fix the OL, which I still see as the biggest problem on the Skins. Go with Moss, Armstrong and see if Kelly can make it to the field at WR or even use Banks. But stick with fixing the OL as the priority.

Everything changes if the kins can get Mankins in FA.

Or you can get one more QB or another wide receiver and expect another season like the last two.

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1.asp

10 Washington

Redskins_logoslice.jpg

GreenAJ.jpgA.J. Green

Georgia

WRF

Reach/Value: +2

Height:

6'4"

Weight:

Alternate Selection #1

Robert Quinn

Alternate Selection #2

Julio Jones

Likely a dream scenario for Skins fans. AJ Green has the size, speed and ball skills to remind draft enthusiasts of prospects like Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson. The trouble with drafting WR's so high in the draft is that they can also remind draft enthusiasts of prospects like Desmond Howard and Charles Johnson. Moderate your hopes though, Skins fans, seeing the Shanahans operate doesn't make one think they want to spend such a high draft pick on a receiver, but I think Kyle Shanahan is missing having a premiere target in his attack. S Lilliston - Analyst

42 Washington

Redskins_logoslice.jpg

WisniewskiStefen.jpgStefen Wisniewski

Penn State

OC

Reach/Value: +8

Height:

6'3"

Weight:

Alternate Selection #1

Jake Kirkpatrick

Alternate Selection #2

Ryan Kerrigan

In desperate need of youth and talent on the offensive line, the Redskins would be highly fortunate to find Wisniewski awaiting them at this selection. He has the pedigree to go along with all of his skill and really does have the complete game for an OC prospect. He will need to get stronger but the game will not be too big for him. Watching Penn State games this year showed that Stefen is a pretty good technician but also fires off the ball with a bit of a nasty streak. A solid base didn't land him in his own backfield very often. Somewhere Redskins fans routinely locate Casey Rabach.

If we have to take the picks where we take them and don't trade down....I'd take these two fellas!

Yes that would be a nice scenario, but looking more like a QB with the 1st or 2nd round now.

J0nes in the first, P0uncey in the sec0nd. 0ne f the J0nes 0r Rice in FA, al0ng with Kalil and maybe J0seph (G) and this ) can w0rk.

Resign R0gers, get Harris (ILB) and Melbane (NT) 0n the D in FA, W00dley (0LB) as well f0r the D.

This team is fixed up pretty well. QB next year and we can g0 BPA fr0m there 0ut, while winning every year.

Archived