Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DB: Mark Madoff, Commits Suicide 2 years to the day when he turned his father in for Ponzi scheme.

JMS

For the two years since he turned his father Bernie Madoff in to authorities, the pressure on Mark has been relentless and increasing. Allan Dodds Frank on what drove him to suicide.

Until Bernard Madoff’s giant Ponzi scheme collapsed, his family seemingly had no worries in the world. Now, on the second anniversary of his father’s arrest, Bernard Madoff’s older son, Mark, killed himself, police say.

Mark took his life after apparently exchanging disconsolate emails with his second wife Stephanie who was in Florida with their daughter. He hanged himself—NBC News says with a black dog leash—in their fourth floor apartment on Mercer Street in the Soho section of Manhattan as the couple’s young son slept. According to news reports, his father-in-law found the body and called police shortly before 7:30 a.m. Saturday, two years to the day Bernard Madoff was charged with the biggest Ponzi scheme ever

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-12-11/mark-madoff-suicide-what-he-knew/?cid=hp:beastoriginalsL9

interesting angle on the murder. Wouldn't be surprised either. Seriously, if I was an investigator I'dcheck his search history. Is it common knowledge how to hang one's self? A hangman's knot looks pretty complex and you REALLY gotta want to die if you hang yourself with a dog leash. I don't picture that as something that can't be gotten out of.

interesting angle on the murder. Wouldn't be surprised either. Seriously, if I was an investigator I'dcheck his search history. Is it common knowledge how to hang one's self? A hangman's knot looks pretty complex and you REALLY gotta want to die if you hang yourself with a dog leash. I don't picture that as something that can't be gotten out of.

A hangman's knot is a very simple knot, a dog leash is even simpler... just pass the long end through the eye of the handle and insert neck...

As for murder. I will take all those bets... Mark participated in his father's ponzi scheme for years, as did the rest of his family.. When it was winding down they made the old man the willing scape goat as the rest of the family tried to protect their assets.... Mark was about to loose everything, because everything he owned was the result of his father's criminal activities... Same for his uncle, brother, and mother.

I thought it was weird that he killed himself with his sleeping child in the next room. This is one thing that indicates he may not have committed suicide. Why would he leave his infant child in danger of starving to death had his body not been discovered right away?

I thought it was weird that he killed himself with his sleeping child in the next room. This is one thing that indicates he may not have committed suicide. Why would he leave his infant child in danger of starving to death had his body not been discovered right away?

Those who give up on life tend not to really care about the hurt they might cause others...suicide is actualyl an incredibly selfish act...

Archived