Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trading our first round draft pick for multiple picks

skins4ever17

Would be the best idea this off season.

Of course i'm being captain obvious here, but people need to realize old free agents won't make a quality team.

We need people like heyer to be on the practice squad and have quality 2nd rounders for back ups.

Trading our 1st for 2 second round picks would be ideal. This would get us a solid OG/C and a DT/LB

Maybe even a combination of things, 1st, 3rd, and 4th for 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 6th

The point is: This team needs to do whatever it can to get multiple picks.

I have to disagree.

We tried that a few years ago and it got us David, Kelly and Thomas.

Look at the playoffs. All the teams have elite QBs. The obvious is that McCrap is not an elite QB. We need to trade up and grab one of the elite QBs then we can spend the rest of the next 10 years drafting whatever lower important position players you want.

QB first, then it doesnt matter. That is the nature of the NFL now.

I would agree with trading down in every possible situation, unless AJ Green somehow fell to us.

WIth a top 10 pick, you can't really pass up on a guy like that. But assuming we're sticking around pick 7-11, Green is unlikely.

EDIT: To the post above mine, I feel conflicted. If Andrew Luck is as good as everyone says he is, then I would probably want to trade up for him. But what would it take? Carolina has so much leverage. Maybe McNabb + our 1st would work?

I would agree with trading down in every possible situation, unless AJ Green somehow fell to us.

WIth a top 10 pick, you can't really pass up on a guy like that. But assuming we're sticking around pick 7-11, Green is unlikely.

EDIT: To the post above mine, I feel conflicted. If Andrew Luck is as good as everyone says he is, then I would probably want to trade up for him. But what would it take? Carolina has so much leverage.

Carolina does have a lot of leverage, just need to hope that somehow Detroit ends up #1 over Carolina. That would be the only way we end up with a good shot at getting Luck. I would have to move up but this guy is the real deal at QB

OP is right.

We need more draft picks.

If we can trade down i think that is the best strategy.

If we can't i would like to see us take the BPA at: OL/DL/LOLB

No WRs please.

There are no elite QBs in the draft only prospect that project to have potential.

Heck, there are only 3-4 elite QBs in the league how can there be an elite QB in the draft?

Pretty much what dg posted above,

We currently have 5 picks, which will increase to 7 when the Brown and Tyron deals are all said and done. 7 picks, and more holes than the holiest holey thing. (I know what I mean.). I'm down with the OP for trading down to garner more picks. If not, then take the best possible fit in the order dg mentioned.

Hail.

If we trade the 10th pick in the first round the trade value chart has it worth 1,300. That should be enough to trade and we should be able to hold on to our second.

There are a variety of scenarios.... but how about this: basically New England's 2 seconds, third and a fourth and that still would be an uneven trade favoring New England slightly by the chart and I would still do it in a second.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Would New England do that? Well, with ours they would have three first first round picks, perhaps months after winning the Super Bowl. That would be a big splash and really, are 2 second rounders and later guys going to crack New England's starting 22?

If we can't trade up for Luck, then I am all for moving back and getting more picks. IMO if we have a shot at getting Luck, we take it. Period. If not, see what the options are for trading back and getting a couple more picks (unless someone very unexpected falls to us that would be stupid to pass up: like Peterson for example).

If we can't trade up for Luck, then I am all for moving back and getting more picks. IMO if we have a shot at getting Luck, we take it. Period. If not, see what the options are for trading back and getting a couple more picks (unless someone very unexpected falls to us that would be stupid to pass up: like Peterson for example).

I feel that way about 5 guys in this draft where we can't pass them up IMO

Andrew Luck

Patrick Peterson

Nick Fairley

AJ Green

Robert Quinn

Those 5 guys I'd say where we were and take them no question

EDIT: To the post above mine, I feel conflicted. If Andrew Luck is as good as everyone says he is, then I would probably want to trade up for him. But what would it take? Carolina has so much leverage. Maybe McNabb + our 1st would work?

Carolina doesn't want McNabb... their roster is depleted and they need a new face of the franchise.

I haven't done my research on this draft class yet (I like to wait until we are mathematically eliminated each year!) but trading multiple picks to move up to #1 sounds like worst idea ever.

Bradford was easy- you could see it from a mile away. From what I've watched and read so far, Luck is an AWESOME prospect but no where near as safe as Bradford. It's a risk you don't take in my opinion because we can't protect the guy.

BPA because our entire team sucks.

Why?

We have so much bait on the team its not even funny. Keep the 1st round pick and stockpile the later rounds.

We could mess around and have allot of fresh blood in 2011 if we wash our hands of

Albert Haynesworth (Back to Tenn 4rth rounder)

Rocky Mc (don't know his worth?)

Chris Cooley (3rd round pick?)

Santana Moss(Stock went up.. 3rd rounder)

Andre Carter (5th round pick)

Finish getting the dead weight off the team

Carolina doesn't want McNabb... their roster is depleted and they need a new face of the franchise.

I haven't done my research on this draft class yet (I like to wait until we are mathematically eliminated each year!) but trading multiple picks to move up to #1 sounds like worst idea ever.

Bradford was easy- you could see it from a mile away. From what I've watched and read so far, Luck is an AWESOME prospect but no where near as safe as Bradford. It's a risk you don't take in my opinion because we can't protect the guy.

BPA because our entire team sucks.

Actually many see Luck as more safe than Bradford. Luck had no medical concerns, comes out of a true pro style offense and has had less to work with yet has put up some ridiculous stats this year and is a heisman finalist.

---------- Post added December-10th-2010 at 07:20 PM ----------

Why?

We have so much bait on the team its not even funny. Keep the 1st round pick and stockpile the later rounds.

We could mess around and have allot of fresh blood in 2011 if we wash our hands of

Rocky won't get us anything because he's a FA at the end of the year

Actually many see Luck as more safe than Bradford. Luck had no medical concerns, comes out of a true pro style offense and has had less to work with yet has put up some ridiculous stats this year and is a heisman finalist.

---------- Post added December-10th-2010 at 07:20 PM ----------

Rocky won't get us anything because he's a FA at the end of the year

Ah, I see thank you for letting me know. Everybody else is about right?

All I can see except Moss, I really don't know who'd give up a 3rd for him, maybe a 4th or 5th I just can't see much for him

He has inflated numbers this year. I honestly don't know how but that was my logic behind his stock rising. He could go to a good team and be "that guy" who helps them become great and maybe win a ship. If Tana ended up in B-more their offense would be crazy.

I may be wrong though.

Is Luck that good? Honestly not watched any college ball this year. Heck, I'm not big on college ball period. I only took an interest the past few years being out in OK and getting caught up in Bradford's career, and gave up when we sadly didn't have enough to land the Sooner.

Just looking him up, I like the fact that he's a local boy, and his numbers sure read good. But anyone that has been watching, is he all that? Or would another year serve him better in college?

Hail.

Is Luck that good? Honestly not watched any college ball this year. Heck, I'm not big on college ball period. I only took an interest the past few years being out in OK and getting caught up in Bradford's career, and gave up when we sadly didn't have enough to land the Sooner.

Just looking him up, I like the fact that he's a local boy, and his numbers sure read good. But anyone that has been watching, is he all that? Or would another year serve him better in college?

Hail.

Here Gibbs let me give you a link or two on what scouts think of Luck

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/14372683/rewind-lucks-stock-rises-even-higher-ingrams-sags

Rob Rang is a very respected analyst and scout and he has called Luck the best prospect he's ever seen. That's saying something and I don't disagree when I watch him I see a rare mix of Peyton Manning smarts and an Aaron Rodgers type arm and athleticism. It's rare and something I've never seen

All I know is that if we have a chance to trade up for Luck, we should break the bank. He is the only player in this draft I and most people see as a future Pro Bowl QB. I fell in love with Bradford last year and to a lesser degree Sanchez the year before. I can safely say I like Luck better than those two combined. Nobody else in this draft is worth a first in my opinion.

Why?

A 3rd for Moss? Good luck selling that one. Everything else you might be right on, at a push. Cooley's the only lock for a 3rd there. Carter might well struggle to garner a 5th at his age, and we just pray the fat man's not totally ******* up his worth lower than a 4. After that your REALLY struggling. Landry and Orakpo are probably the only players of any serious value, and you'd want to build with them. (Although I'm still not convinced where exactly Rak fits in the 34, much as I like him.). Everyone else you can pretty much forget getting any value.

The only place that values our players is here. "Extreme" isn't the word.

Hail.

A 3rd for Moss? Good luck selling that one. Everything else you might be right on, at a push. Cooley's the only lock for a 3rd there. Carter might well struggle to garner a 5th at his age, and we just pray the fat man's not totally ******* up his worth lower than a 4. After that your REALLY struggling. Landry and Orakpo are probably the only players of any serious value, and you'd want to build with them. (Although I'm still not convinced where exactly Rak fits in the 34, much as I like him.). Everyone else you can pretty much forget getting any value.

The only place that values our players is here. "Extreme" isn't the word.

Hail.

Well that is pretty much all we can put out there lol. Your spot on with Landry and Rak but we need those guys. London doesn't have much left in the tank and Landry & Orakpo will be asked to fill his shoes as both playmaker/leader when he can't go anymore.

I'm sure we will have a slew of picks in 2011. I wish all the old skins the best moving forward but we have no choice but to get younger.

Here Gibbs let me give you a link or two on what scouts think of Luck

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/14372683/rewind-lucks-stock-rises-even-higher-ingrams-sags

Rob Rang is a very respected analyst and scout and he has called Luck the best prospect he's ever seen. That's saying something and I don't disagree when I watch him I see a rare mix of Peyton Manning smarts and an Aaron Rodgers type arm and athleticism. It's rare and something I've never seen

Thanks Dukes. Everything I've read reads very glowing. Funny you should mention Peyton. I saw echoes of Peyton all over Bradford, and honestly aren't surprised he's assimilated to pro life so quickly. Dudes super smart, with a super accurate arm. If Luck's anything approaching that level, then it would be to our folly to not at the least investigate the possibility.

Hail.

Its good to dream and all but if Luck is a can't miss product what makes you think anybody would trade with us for him???? The comparisons are he could be the next Peyton Manning. Would you trade 3+ first rounders for a decade of Manning? I don't think so. We might be better served to look at picks that could be around when we pick. Aww heck nevermind keep the fantasy alive.

Archived