Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tony Romo + Jon Kitna = QB controversy?

Big Blue Joe

I found these stats on a Giants message board. So far, through six starts for each:

Tony Romo sits to pee (1-5)

148 comp on 213 att for a 69.5 comp percentage.

1,605 yds 11 tds with 7 ints for a QB rating of 94.9

John Kitna (3-3)

148 comp on 226 att for a 65.5 comp percentage.

1,703 yds 11 tds with 8 ints for a QB rating of 89.5

Is there a QB controversy brewing in Dallas?

By the simple fact that Romo sits to pee is 8 years younger, I say no.

Obviously tr1 wants the world to think that there's going to be one when Romo sits to pee gets healthy (as I'm reminded in the "Similar Threads" box below), but honestly that's just foolish.

Bringing in Kitna was actually a pretty good move by the Cowboys, good backup for them considering Romo sits to pee's injury history.

We all know Jerruh loves his Arkansas guys and star players...Ryan Mallett anyone?

I credit goes to Garrett with getting the team in line. Kitna has done a great job as BACKUP, but I'm positive that Romo sits to pee's numbers would have been much better with the Garrett lead Cowboys.

retardedcrit.jpg

Credit goes to Garrett for getting Wade out of the way and taking the job he was about to lose.

BTW, Kitna>>Romo sits to pee

Thread fail.

Denial. :rotflmao:

Kitna is also a better leader than Romo sits to pee. And, can anyone point to any of his losses and pin a losing play on him? I have dozens I could pin on Romo sits to pee.

Romo sits to pee also pads his stats during garbage times. He's hardly a clutch player...but then again, there aren't many clutch players on that pathetically over-hyped team.

---------- Post added December-7th-2010 at 10:42 AM ----------

Ignorance is bliss.

You should try watching the pukes play and stop reading headlines...you'd understand why there will be a controversy.

If im not mistaken the only two players from Arkansas to play for the Cowboys under Jerry Jones was Felix Jones and Ken Hamlin. Jones was drafted and Hamlin via Free agency.

I could be wrong but the number is very small.

they better not get ryan mallet...while I'm no arkansas fan he did pretty good for UM even when the offense wasn't built for his type of QB play, and he's what 6'7"!?!? that's hugE!

Kitna has proven to be a great backup; even surprisingly limiting his turnovers. And it doesn't hurt that Garrett has instituted a running game and got Tashard Choice involved more and more.

But to say he's better that Romo sits to pee is pretty foolish. The only thing he's done better than Romo sits to pee is getting Bryant more involved (pre-fracture...and I mean Dez, not Romo sits to pee's fracture).

Anyhow, Romo sits to pee > Kitna. But that doesn't mean Kitna hasn't played well for them. He's leaps and bounds better than when Brad Johnson had to play for them when Romo sits to pee had his annual boo-boo.

you'd understand why there will be a controversy.

I can guarantee there will be no controversy. Romo sits to pee is the starter in Dallas no if, and's, or but's. Kitna has done his job as a BACKUP.

---------- Post added December-7th-2010 at 02:24 PM ----------

I hope the Cows coaching staff thinks Kitna is better.....

So does tr1. LMAO!!

If im not mistaken the only two players from Arkansas to play for the Cowboys under Jerry Jones was Felix Jones and Ken Hamlin. Jones was drafted and Hamlin via Free agency.

I could be wrong but the number is very small.

QB Clint Stoerner started a few games for Dallas during the Dave Campo days.

Denial. :rotflmao:

Kitna is also a better leader than Romo sits to pee. And, can anyone point to any of his losses and pin a losing play on him? I have dozens I could pin on Romo sits to pee.

Romo sits to pee also pads his stats during garbage times. He's hardly a clutch player...but then again, there aren't many clutch players on that pathetically over-hyped team.

---------- Post added December-7th-2010 at 10:42 AM ----------

You should try watching the pukes play and stop reading headlines...you'd understand why there will be a controversy.

Bud. I'm not going to disagree that there *would* be a controversy where the playing field level. Unfortunately for you, and your moist dream, Kitna is far too old to warrant even a temporary discussion on the topic. We'll all agree that the Cowboys are more than a year away from competing for the Super Bowl. If that's the case, there is no reason to even attempt moving forward with Kitna. He'll have the arm strength of Brad Johnson in 2 years.

Now if you're goal is to replace Romo sits to pee with another QB that has potential for the future, you might find suitors for your controversy.

We'll all agree that the Cowboys are more than a year away from competing for the Super Bowl.

I don't know if I believe that. Competing for the SB, IMO means either winning your division, or entering the playoffs hot-as-all-get-out as a wildcard. I could see Dallas meeting one of those requirements. They whipped NYG, essentially "gave" the game away to NO, and beat Peyton in his stadium in a year when they are considered horrible. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they didn't make any FA pick-ups, and they used their 1st round pick on a WR. I could see them, with a few key FA signings and a good draft being very competitive next year. I'm hoping not, but I can't believe they're necessarily more than a year away from being competitive.

I don't know if I believe that. Competing for the SB, IMO means either winning your division, or entering the playoffs hot-as-all-get-out as a wildcard. I could see Dallas meeting one of those requirements. They whipped NYG, essentially "gave" the game away to NO, and beat Peyton in his stadium in a year when they are considered horrible. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they didn't make any FA pick-ups, and they used their 1st round pick on a WR. I could see them, with a few key FA signings and a good draft being very competitive next year. I'm hoping not, but I can't believe they're necessarily more than a year away from being competitive.

I agree, did anyone think last year Tampa, KC or even the Eagles were going to compete for a division title ?

The same can be said for us too next year.

Some could argue that the cowboys have looked much better not because of letting Wade Phillips go but because Romo sits to pee has been hurt.....:)

EXACTLY!

But, I hope puke fans and coaches continue to think that the turnover-machine sitting on the bench healing is STILL the answer.

Because, he's not.

I can guarantee there will be no controversy. Romo sits to pee is the starter in Dallas no if, and's, or but's. Kitna has done his job as a BACKUP.

And when Romo sits to pee comes in and throws yet ANOTHER clutch interception, how many Cowboy fans will be calling for Kitna to go back under center?

Archived