Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is higher priority: #1 WR or Feature RB? You make the argument!

NoCalMike

Really? Youd think dat after all we been thur this seasun, the same people was in charge upstairs.

:ols:

Some people just like to *****, and are so used to our old failures, that even though the new regime hasn't proved they will repeat them, its assumed that they already are.

It is my opinion that RB is the last spot on the team that needs attention. When you can rush the ball effectively with plug-and-play no name backs, I think you should be happy about it and focus your limited resources at areas where "stars" and "no names" alike, can't get the job done.

Defiantely WR (although I think both sides of the line and LB require more attention than WR).

Good WRs can be found all over the mid rounds of the draft just like runningbacks. Mike Shanahan has always been good at picking both positions, and I am confident that in the coming years he will find some highly productive players for both positions. He is also good at drafting offensive linemen. Shanahan isn't a strong drafter on defense generally, and he is 50/50 on drafting the quarterback position. Other than that he has always been able to find good players all over the place. Many times he finds pro bowl players in late rounds. If I'm not mistaken Terrell Davis was a fairly late pick, and I think Rod Smith was a UDFA.

I'd probably say #1 Wideout.

Build up a top tier o-line and you can get a good platoon of RBs to get a solid running game going.

A real #1 Wideout stretches the field, takes a safety out of the box, helps your QB (whether young or old), and wideouts typically have longer careers than RBs.

But I understand that a case can be made for having a RB like Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson.

I'd probably say #1 Wideout.

Build up a top tier o-line and you can get a good platoon of RBs to get a solid running game going.

A real #1 Wideout stretches the field, takes a safety out of the box, helps your QB (whether young or old), and wideouts typically have longer careers than RBs.

But I understand that a case can be made for having a RB like Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson.

It really depends on the team.

Look at the Titans. Chris Johnson is putting up insane numbers year after year and they're not really doing anything with it.

AD is still tearing it up in Minny but without quality QB play and a defense that doesn't look anything like they did last year the Vikes are sunk.

Its becoming more and more of a passing league so I think overall a #1 WR is more important because of the points you made. It is nice to be able to have a guy like AD/CJ who you can rely on to grind down other teams or milk the clock at the end of the game.

Archived