Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

does this make your hands sweaty

WVUforREDSKINS

i almost couldnt finish watching it.... no way .... you couldnt even get me up there much less get me to do that....

You couldn't get me up there even if I was strapped in 100 different ways. Earlier this fall I was bouldering up a dry waterfall. It wasn't a real technical climb, and it was sloped enough in some parts that you could crawl. Well, I had an old pair of tennis shoes, and sure enough I lost grip about halfway up and caught myself in a real awkward position where all my weight was on my upper body. I tried to work my way down but only started sliding. I eventually scrambled up to the top, but I remember looking down and having this second of pure unhappiness and dread knowing that I could fall 30 feet onto rock and die. I was scared of heights before that, but now that day is all I can think about when I get up high.

The video was a bit grainy and I thought I saw a chute on a guy's back. So, as I was watching it, I was saying to myself, "Yeah, that's a bit risky, but he's got a chute on his back so he'd be fine even if he fell." Then, I noticed there was no chute on the dude's back and I though to myself, "These dudes are ****** crazy."

Archived