Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WEEK 7 Expert Picks: YAHOO!, ESPN, Sunday Countdown,Madden, NBC, FOX, CBS, et al.

iMeast

I'm all for being favored to win. I think Shanny has brought a new level of respect to the organization and we as fans shouldn't be happy with playing the underdog role. When was the last time the Colts or Pats were considered underdogs? I love it when we are favored because it means we are doing something right and get used to it guys with Shanny we are slowly getting on the National Media's radar and the more wins we pile up the media love will increase but then again we want to be considered among the best teams in the league don't we???. HTTR.

The Redskins have 13 sacks -- good for 11th in the league. Pretty good -- one sack more than Dallas (in one more game). More than Indy with Freeny and Mathis. Carolina has 7 sacks on the year...three of which came against the Bears. They gave up 6 against Seattle, and they have no one like Orakpo. Did he research this at all?

Scott Pianowski also had this to say about our pass rush:

The Redskins pass rush won't make you forget the New York Sack Exchange, but there's enough here to cause a headache for Jay Cutler.

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Throwing-Darts-Carolina-on-my-Mind?urn=fantasy-279243&post_comment=1&success=1

I guess people are just so used to us not being able to get to the QB, that the "experts" just assume that it hasn't changed. In addition to being tied with the Jets at 11th in sacks, we've also seen a ridiculous amount of holding calls drawn by Orakpo.

I was about to say the same as most of you: "I don't like getting this much love from people...makes me nervous"

But screw that, those kinds of days are over. The days of SURELY losing badly in primetime. The days of knowing there's no way we're getting a game winning drive in the last 2 minutes...the days and paying too much mind to what other people think. When you're good, you don't care what the 'experts' say. I don't feel like we'll win this game for some magical, intangible reason...I feel like we'll win because we're the better team. And that's a nice feeling.

I don't think Chicago matches up well with the Redskins.

On offense Chicago has a weak line that Orakpo, Haynesworth and Landry should be able to exploit.

They don't have a back that is a dominant runner from the line of scrimmage. Forte and Taylor are receivers more than rushers in this offense.

The quarterback when pressured has been an interception machine in the past.

On the other side of the ball, McNabb should have a very good day against a Chicago secondary that made Matt Hasselbeck look 5 years younger last week.

people what are you guys going to do when we begin to be favored all the time in years to come....this is the change we want....I know I don't want to be hoping every to be listed as the underdog...I want to be the favorite and win like the favorite...Shanahan will make this team into a winning franchise so we all need to get used to it....hope we whoop up on da bearsss

Not surprised or odd. He didn't pick us for the GB game either. And how did that turn out. :D

Joey T. didn't take part in NFC Playbook this week. Also the show hadn't aired when I posted this yesterday so the count was left at "0-3" until after it aired. The first post has been updated and the totally tally calculated.

HTTR

You know, I'd like to say, yeah being the underdog each game makes me feel better. Well, we've been the underdog for almost every game for the past several seasons, what has that gotten us. Let's be the favorite. I'd rather win as the favorite than lose as the underdog.

Archived