Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brian Mitchell's anger last night

Chachie

For the Record I blame Haynesworth for the mess because he started it. But having said that Shannahan has made the situation worse. Haynesworth didn't show up when he was suppose to & that made Shannahan mad & rightfully so, but Shannahan needs to off his vendetta against Haynesworth because it isn't helping the team. Either play the man or trade him but stop the silly childish games.

but is it a "vendetta" if Haynesworth has not done the work that Shanahan is asking all of his players to put in for the betterment of the TEAM? I don't think that it's a vendetta, I think it's Shanahan taking care of business. IF that is what is going on here, then I'm with Shanahan. I'm with him 110%. I'm with him until the cows come home, and the fat lady sings. I don't want to see him mortgage the future, by showing any kind of weakness or buckle to select media and fan pressure, by letting Haynesworth play if he has not put in the time and effort, just because of what he might/maybe/could do right now. This is not just about the here and now Redskins, it's about next year and the year after, and the year after that. It's about character and team building for the long haul, for the foreseeable future, not just one season. Giving in, and letting Haynesworth play under terms that he has ultimately dictated (my way, not the coaches way) (again, if that is what is going on here) would be a colossal failure of epic proportions, because once the other players see what has happened. Why should they do any differently? If you become a big enough headache, for long enough, you will eventually win. That can NOT be allowed to happen.

Have I ever told you guys the story about BMitch yelling at me, when i was a kid? ha I'm not joking. With a stack of cards in one hand and a sharpie in the other, I asked Mitchell for his autograph yet handed him an Ernest Byner card. I had called him by the wrong name and he wasnt happy about it.

Ironically, that same spark or short fuse of his likely helped to make him the football player that he was. We all have our faults... This would be a good time to watch a video of BMitch's TD returns. He did it before it was cool :)

Hail!

Guess there is no link huh? Would love to see this.

I'm not even sure where to look for a link to this. Comcast Sportsnet's website? I don't think they re-broadcast the Postgame Live show anywhere. It was throughout the whole show that he was being grumpy so there's not really a particular "moment" per say.

Archived