Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Newest Smurf Added to "61"

Snarky

Welcome in Ray Small ("Rise above your name!")

Maybe the Smurfs will ride again!!! His bio sure sounds like a couple other players we know... LOL. What sort of craziness are Mike and Kyle cooking up on offense? Maybe Anthony Armstrong and Brandon Banks have inspired a new line of thinking...

MikeJonesTBD

Redskins add WR Ray Small to the practice squad. Went to Ohio State, was with Vikings in training camp.

From Scout.com:

The diminutive Ohio State wideout hopes to show enough big-play ability to land a roster spot with the Vikings. Here’s a closer look at the rookie free agent, tracing his high school, college and predraft accomplishments.

And this, from NBC Sports:

Living up to his name, Small goes just 5'11/180 and was trying to stick around as a special teamer. He was never in the mix for offensive snaps.

WR Ray Small (official thread) - BuckeyePlanet Ohio State Forums

Jan 2, 2010 ... Raymond Small Athlete / Cornerback Cleveland Glenville Height: 5-foot-10 (Nike) Weight: 173 pounds (Nike) 40-yard dash: 4.4 seconds GPA: 3.25 2004.

It certainly seems we have an infatuation with returners right now. I mean we've got Banks, Simpson, Keiland, and Austin did okay in the preseason, plus Hall, Moss, and Buchanon can fill in as returners.

Besides, the guy doesn't look like anything special in his highlights, no Banks type of speed or agility and his receiving highlights look like crap really, for highlights anyway. Unless we're trying to get scheme info on the Vikings, I don't really see what we're getting here that we don't already have. Austin's nearly the exact same player (5-10 175, 4.38 40 time), but with better college highlights. Much better.

Why don't we pull a PS guy from a team that actually HAS a bunch of good RBs and WRs, instead of teams that are garbage at those positions (Simpson from the Bills, James from the Colts, now Small from the Vikings who were in a panick to find a WR a week ago? I may be missing something, but I really don't get it.

Hopefully we're trying to get rid of some of our older guys that really aren't contributing much (ahem ahem, paging Roydell).

Bring T. Austin up and cut Roydell to make room IMO.

We need to bring Austin up by season's end, that's for sure. Then again, we don't see him in practice.

The team must have SOME plan for a guy like Small. I mean, out of all the receivers out there, they chose him. Wonder what the Master Plan is!

We need to bring Austin up by season's end, that's for sure. Then again, we don't see him in practice.

We don't need to do anything. Bring up guys when they are ready or when needed. Until then, leave them on the taxi squad.

The team must have SOME plan for a guy like Small. I mean, out of all the receivers out there, they chose him. Wonder what the Master Plan is!

Probably a combination of one less WR on the regular roster and seeing what this guy has. I'm not expecting much. Then again, Armstrong was in this position last year so you never know.

Probably a combination of one less WR on the regular roster and seeing what this guy has. I'm not expecting much. Then again, Armstrong was in this position last year so you never know.

I realize that. But of all the guys out there, they chose him! Interesting angle though on our new admin: Small was in Jim Tressel's doghouse at Ohio State. He never "put it together" as John Keim said. That's a lot like Keiland Williams and could be the secret weapon we have in finding diamonds in the rough. I like that! Buy low, sell high...

On Pro Day last Spring on the outdoor turf at Ohio State Small ran 4.44 and 4.46 in the 40, had a 31-inch vertical leap, 9-foot, 1-inch broad jump, 4.10 short shuttle, 6.77 three-cone drill and did position drills.

Was a KR and PR in college.

Known to have disciplinary problems and was suspended for the Rose Bowl.

As said else where, the perfect replacement for DT. LuLz.

Well, remember that the PRIMARY mission of the PS guys is to help fill out the scout team. You might also use it to put a guy who you think with practice might develop but is not good enough for some other team to pick hm up for their regular squad.

Archived