Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Former Skins WR Devin Thomas is now officially Carolina Panther

skinsfan07

I don't get how he got to wear Ryp's number anyways... I know it's not one of the big 3 or 4, but IMO all SB MVP winning QB's #'s for us should not be able to be worn... I never liked how JC got Doug's number....
Yeah, but there are only so many numbers you can give out to a certain position, you know? And we named the 70 greatest Redskins years ago. Something's gotta give.

For instance, Dockery is wearing Jacoby's old number, Galloway is wearing Clark's, and hell, Keiland Williams is wearing Bill Dudley's.

After I left HS football last year, one of the sophomore's took my #66 jersey. Not really a big deal (though I wish they would retire my number at halftime occasionally :silly:).

I don't get how he got to wear Ryp's number anyways... I know it's not one of the big 3 or 4, but IMO all SB MVP winning QB's #'s for us should not be able to be worn... I never liked how JC got Doug's number....

To be fair though, Jason DID ask Doug permission before selecting the number (which he wore in college) and Doug gave him his blessing. Not like Danny freaking Wuerffel (who showed up at camping wearing #7 ...)

Plus, another recent draft bust worse Rypien's number 11, Patrick Ramsey.

As others have said, there are only so many numbers you can withhold. Guys who arguably were the best at their position for us, or made the greatest impact for our organization, seem to be the ones who are made the exception (Monk, Theisman, Riggins, Jurgensen, Mitchell, Charley Taylor, Baugh).

Archived