Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 5: Packers! Insomniac thread. (If you're still with me)

Rocky52Mc

You are making it seem like we just let go of a pro-bowler. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Not to hard to figure out really.

The coach didn't see him being part of the team and was let go. Like an employee who doesn't perform up to what he was hired and paid to do - he wasn't as good as his resume coming out of college and didn't show improvement in his performance.

I don't think he was going to be making the probowl, but with the WR squad we have right now I felt he could be somewhat useful. But he wasn't that good and obviously wasn't committed enough for Shanny. Just hope his being cut was also a message to everyone remaining on the team to get their ish straight and fly straight.

I don't think he was going to be making the probowl, but with the WR squad we have right now I felt he could be somewhat useful. But he wasn't that good and obviously wasn't committed enough for Shanny. Just hope his being cut was also a message to everyone remaining on the team to get their ish straight and fly straight.

Maybe he was more of a liability for the team then we think he was and of course the coach would know better. If all he was doing was returning kicks and nothing more than that then why take up a spot for just one role. Look at Hester he does both and the spot on the roster is more valuable if a player can be used in more then one ways. It is like getting more for your bucks - who wouldn't want that, especially he was getting paid a lot to just return kicks now that isn't very cost effective.

Maybe he was more of a liability for the team then we think he was and of course the coach would know better. If all he was doing was returning kicks and nothing more than that then why take up a spot for just one role. Look at Hester he does both and the spot on the roster is more valuable if a player can be used in more then one ways. It is like getting more for your bucks - who wouldn't want that, especially he was getting paid a lot to just return kicks now that isn't very cost effective.

I agree with all that, a mis-run route could result in an interception and if the coaches don't have the confidence in him to do what he is supposed to do then he shouldn't be out there. And a person who can play on special teams and offense would be a much better use of a roster slot than someone who only contributed on kickoff returns. But now won't we have to pay off the rest of his contract while not getting to play him just to get rid of him?

Archived