Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Packers Safety Burnett out for year

RFK Lives

Which would you prefer for the Skins to grow, in the second half?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer for the Skins to grow, in the second half?

• The ability to stop opponents.
    • The ability to score points.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/104284868.html

Packers rookie SS Morgan Burnett will miss the remainder of the season after suffering a torn ACL in Sunday's game against the Lions. Burnett had been impressive through 3 weeks, racking up 11 tackles and an INT. With SS Atari Bigby (ankle) on the PUP list, this will be an area for opposing offenses to exploit over the next couple weeks. http://www.draftsharks.com

With Bigby out as well, perhaps we open up the passing game a bit this week.

The Lions passed on them with ease, so hopefully Trent is back for us, and McNabb has a little more time to find some guys open down the field. Glad to see Armstrong step up too, so hopefully that possible deep threat will open up some room for Torain/Portis to pick up big chunks of yards on the ground.

they still have the dpoy who had a pick for a td in the lion game.
That they do but Woodson will likely line up on Moss most of the day. The lack of depth at safety should provide more opportunities for double moves, deep threats and receivers that can beat one on one coverage. I don't root for injury to anyone, but this could be something the Shanahans can exploit.

I'm more worried about their LB corp, it is sick nasty. We're probably going to see a lot of quick slants this week, because I don't think McNabb is going to have a lot of time in the pocket to throw. The fact that they're banged up at the safety position will have very little bearing om the outcome of this game IMO.

Archived