Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Ravens release leading pass rusher Pryce. .....Worth a look?????

x96bryan10

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81aed6c8/article/ravens-release-leading-pass-rusher-pryce-resign-s-hamlin?module=HP_headlinesThe Baltimore Ravens cut veteran defensive end Trevor Pryce, who led the team with 6.5 sacks in 2009, and re-signed safety Ken Hamlin, the team announced Wednesday morningPryce, 35, had started 42 games over five seasons for the Ravens before being replaced by Dwan Edwards six games into last season. Pryce, a 14-year NFL veteran who has posted 90 career sacks, was signed by Baltimore in 2006. He totaled 26 sacks in 56 games with the Ravens.Pryce had taken a $2.5 million pay cut this past offseason -- to $2 million.The 6-foot-2, 208-pound Hamlin was released by the Ravens last Wednesday. Hamlin has seen action in 100 games, including two for the Ravens this season, totaling 565 tackles, 14 interceptions and five sacks during his eight-year career.click link at top for article.I dont really know much about him but with the way our defense is playing it couldnt hurt to bring him in? does anyone think he would be an upgrade over gholston?

Sorry guys my edit post is functioning for some reason so i couldnt fix the first post

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81aed6c8/article/ravens-release-leading-pass-rusher-pryce-resign-s-hamlin?module=HP_headlinesThe

Baltimore Ravens cut veteran defensive end Trevor Pryce, who led the team with 6.5 sacks in 2009, and re-signed safety Ken Hamlin, the team announced Wednesday morning

Pryce, 35, had started 42 games over five seasons for the Ravens before being replaced by Dwan Edwards six games into last season. Pryce, a 14-year NFL veteran who has posted 90 career sacks, was signed by Baltimore in 2006. He totaled 26 sacks in 56 games with the Ravens.Pryce had taken a $2.5 million pay cut this past offseason -- to $2 million.The 6-foot-2, 208-pound Hamlin was released by the Ravens last Wednesday.

Hamlin has seen action in 100 games, including two for the Ravens this season, totaling 565 tackles, 14 interceptions and five sacks during his eight-year career.

click link at top for article

.I dont really know much about him but with the way our defense is playing it couldnt hurt to bring him in? does anyone think he would be an upgrade over gholston?

Pryce is a very good player and I think even at this point, he is an upgrade over Golston. Then again, I also think Holliday should be starting over Golston, and I'm not sure Pryce is that much better than Holliday at this point.

I think we really, really need an infusion of young talent on this team. Jarmon would probably end up being cut in favor of Pryce, which would put a damper on that.

I posted this in the "We do not have the players to run a 3-4(Mega Merge). " thread and I agree we should try and pursue if we can get him for cheap. He is definitely a proven 3-4 DE. He has been a monster for the Ravens as long as we don't keep him forever or give him too much like most guys that come to Washington and retire with the huge salary

Pryce is still a decent player most of the time, but this year he only has one tackle in three games.

You might also be interested in the fact that he appeared to have injured his knee on Sunday. That might have been a factor in his release.

I'm sad that he's gone; he always gave insightful interviews. He even took a 2.5 million dollar pay cut to stay with Baltimore this year and now they've released him for that other guy.

Pryce is still a decent player most of the time, but this year he only has one tackle in three games.

You might also be interested in the fact that he appeared to have injured his knee on Sunday. That might have been a factor in his release.

I'm sad that he's gone; he always gave insightful interviews. He even took a 2.5 million dollar pay cut to stay with Baltimore this year and now they've released him for that other guy.

Pretty sure you cant release a guy who is injured. At least without an injury settlement.

Pretty sure you cant release a guy who is injured. At least without an injury settlement.

The Steelers released Leftwich after he was injured and then signed him again. I'm pretty sure they didn't go through all that.

Man you guys really have no idea about what a 3-4 DE is supposed to do.

Here is an example of one of the best having a great game. Notice the statline. http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=10098

Back from your suspension, I see.

I take it you haven't actually watched Trevor Pryce play lately. He most certainly isn't "one of the best having a great game." Of course, that's to be expected for a player his age.

I'm well aware of the fact that Pryce's position doesn't rack up tackles like certain linebackers, but he still hasn't been playing quite as well as he had been, imho.

they plan to resign him, this is a roster shell game trick to bring a safety on board for the Steelers game. Our D needs some help, but not sue a 14 year old vert who possibly tweaked a knee is the answer.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that they're going to re-sign him too. I never really liked Hamlin, but whatever....

The Steelers released Leftwich after he was injured and then signed him again. I'm pretty sure they didn't go through all that.

The player has to file suit like the wr from the bengals did seeing as the plan was for him to be re-signed there was no need for byron to file for anything. Still don't know if this is what the ravens are doing or not.

I take it you haven't actually watched Trevor Pryce play lately. He most certainly isn't "one of the best having a great game." Of course, that's to be expected for a player his age.

I'm well aware of the fact that Pryce's position doesn't rack up tackles like certain linebackers, but he still hasn't been playing quite as well as he had been, imho.

I take it you haven't watched the Redskin defense lately (and I say that playfully, no harm intended), but we can use all the help we can get. We aren't suited to a 3-4, and even if he IS 14 years in, as long as he can play, it would help us, IMO.

Harbaugh claims Ravens will resign Pryce.

"High possibility," Harbaugh said. "These are the kind of roster issues that we deal with. Trevor is a big part of what we're doing, we anticipate getting him back. This is what we had to do for now.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Harbaugh-on-Pryce-Hell-be-back-with-us.html

I take it you haven't watched the Redskin defense lately (and I say that playfully, no harm intended), but we can use all the help we can get. We aren't suited to a 3-4, and even if he IS 14 years in, as long as he can play, it would help us, IMO.

I wasn't addressing the question of whether or not he could help Washington. It looks like it's a moot point though since the Ravens have suggested that he'll be back in Baltimore.

If he's not though, he probably wouldn't hurt the 'Skins (depending upon the severity of his injury), but he's not really a starting caliber player; more rotational, if you know what I mean.

Back from your suspension, I see.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that they're going to re-sign him too. I never really liked Hamlin, but whatever....

Yep back from the suspension and have been commenting for the past few weeks. I guess I hurt someone's feelings because they had a radical view on a certain player and would not stop.

The point of the DE position in a 3-4 is containment and taking up as many blockers for your linebackers to make plays. Not tackles and not sacks even though Pryce is considerably decent at the latter regardless of him being a DE.

He would be an immediate upgrade if you guys were to sign him judging from your defensive debacles in the last two games but I don't think it would move the team in the right direction because you guys have a lot of old players.

Archived