Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

13 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Dinwiddie, feel free to do something. Anything at all.

"That probably is a question for Spencer,” Unseld said. “I would think he has to be more aggressive, especially early in the game. I know as a point guard a lot of times you want to set the table, kind of get guys involved. And I think we can do both, I’d love to see him be a little bit more aggressive. That doesn’t mean hunt shots, but a little more aggressive with his thrust up the floor, attacking, getting to the line. But just to get that started sooner.”

And when asked if he needed to be more aggressive, Dinwiddie said he wasn’t worried.

“It’s a long season, there’s a flow to it, Dinwiddie said. “You guys know how I feel about my game. It’s just simply a volume of possessions, I’m not a high turnover guy. You put me in a pick-and-roll, I’m going to shoot or pass it and figure it out. I’m not worried in terms of that respect, we’ve got a lot of guys trying to press the go button right now. Somebody’s going to not have the rock. You want to change it, then we can change it. It’s that simple.”

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was there with coworkers, it was too obvious Dinwiddie didn't want to run the offense and at one point passed the ball to the center at the top of the key, which immediatly confused the poor soul.

Then at some point we were looking for Beal and realized that Wes probably gave up on the game and was resting him.  Even when we got it to 19, he still didn't go back in, I've never seen Wes surrender before, this was that bad of a game.  

And it wasn't jus the guard play, I was frustrated with seeing Harrell in over Gafford with Allen in the game so much.  We were so much smaller then them, and they were killing us in the paint while we settling for jumpers most of the game.

We may have an identity, but we get away from it sometimes, and I dont know why.

And the Ludacris concert was trash, sound system was busted and he played a lot of pop songs he was cameo on.  Couple classics, but I and many felt he mailed it in 😒

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I was there with coworkers, it was too obvious Dinwiddie didn't want to run the offense and at one point passed the ball to the center at the top of the key, which immediatly confused the poor soul.

I'm all for being a team player but I've never seen a point guard so eager to give the ball up.

Also, dude never pushes the ball.

His teammates are sprinting down the floor and here comes Spencer methodically walking the ball up the floor.🤨

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Yeah, Dinwiddie has been bad but at least he’s not shooting…gulp…26% from 3 this season.

Even with Brad building brick buildings from the three line, he still has a higher fg% than Dinwiddie because our point guard won’t drive to the rim anymore.  Beal has more assists and is playing the best defense of his career too.  

I’m fairly sure Davis Bertans had more drives to the rim last night than Dinwiddie.  That just can’t happen.  

3 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Dinwiddie is who we thought he was, and that is an overrated mediocre player. Another wonderful signing by the Wizards front office.

That doesn’t explain what we’re seeing though.  He’s not trying.  This isn’t a talent issue.  Kuz and KCP being up and down is a talent issue, but both of them come out guns blazing every night regardless.  

46 minutes ago, Destino said:

Is it against the law for the football team and basketball team succeed at the same time?  WFT are winning and the Wizards are suddenly a dumpster fire.  

True this last decade, not so true in the 2010s.

I'm just here to see if Dinwiddie pulls his head out his ass.

One thing I want to comment on, Caps fans are light-years louder and more engaged then Wizards fans.  Was at a Wizards and Capitals game back to back nights, its not even close.

Spencer in the paint more, this game isn't over yet.

Edited by Renegade7

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

One thing I want to comment on, Caps fans are light-years louder and more engaged then Wizards fans.  Was at a Wizards and Capitals game back to back nights, its not even close.

Caps have had a ton more success as a franchise plus Ovechkin. 

• Thanks 1