Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Davis getting frustrated. Just picked up his 4th.

Actually NM that was his third. I think one of the ones I thought was on Davis was on Stiemsma

Based off of what?  I strong 2-3 game stretch hardly justifies his draft position, let alone him keeping a roster spot next year (or beyond).

Based on the fact he's playing well and becoming a useful player.

Based off of what?  I strong 2-3 game stretch hardly justifies his draft position, let alone him keeping a roster spot next year (or beyond). 

He's been playing pretty hard for atleast a month now. We need atleast 1-2 of our 4 man flotsam to stay and provide something. Right now it looks like that will be Booker and Vesely. Singleton and Seraphin will be gone. I could be ok with that.

Good defense but haven't really gotten the offense rolling in the fourth. But let's just keep the pace slow and eat up possessions.

Davis has absurdly long arms. He's disrupting passes that nobody else could ever get to. That's an underrated aspect of his D IMO. Hard to get basic entry passes off against him.

That was an awful charge call on Nene.

Bad sequence and we've lost a ton of momentum.

Need to get some looks at the rim.

Davis is amazing. Just drained a three pointer.

Quietly good night from Gortat. 11 points and 14 rebounds.

Our bigs handled themselves well tonight and we won the battle on the glass. It was our night, the ball was bouncing our way on a lot of rebounds and we were just a lot more active and physical on the glass. Had guards and wings going up and getting the rebounds in traffic. And we boxed out.

That's why we won.

It didn't come back to bite us, but we shot poorly from the line tonight. 16 - 26. And missed a lot in the clutch.

Tired legs?

Good win though. Time to regroup and get ready for a brutal back to back against Indy and Houston.

The first 9 games of January looks like one of the toughest clusters of games on the schedule. Tough first week going 0-3 on that home stand but it was three losses to teams that are superior to us. Then the cluster of four games in five days that ends with a back to back of @Indy on Friday and home vs Houston Saturday is brutal. Then we travel to Chicago on Monday and get Miami at home on Wednesday.

No rest for the weary. We need to beat Chicago because we're probably going to lose to Indy, Houston, and Miami.

Then we're three games under .500 again.

After that, we've got a four games home stand against Chicago, Detroit, Philly, and Boston that we absolutely MUST take advantage of. Hopefully we can get back to around .500 following that.

Because the last four games of the month are looking like another 1-3 stretch. If we beat all the teams who are worse than us and lose to the teams who are better, we'll probably finish the month two games under .500.

Really should not have been that close, but its the Wizards.

speaking of Nelly from last night, this is random and bizarre

Most know him as Nelly, platinum-selling rapper and part owner of the Charlotte Bobcats. Bradley Beal also knows him as Cornell Haynes, the family friend who would occasionally walk him to elementary school before hitting it big.

Nelly was a former star athlete at University City High in suburban St. Louis, where Beal’s mother, Besta, was a physical education teacher and athletic director. So, Beal can’t remember the first time he met Nelly, only that it was “ages ago.”

“I knew who we was, but I didn’t know,” Beal said of the now 39-year-old Nelly. “He used to walk me to school sometimes, when I was a little kid. He wasn’t as big as he is now, but he was an up-and-coming rapper and eventually ‘Country Grammar’ came out” in 2000.

American racial sensitivity is hilarious. He complimented black athletes and jokingly insulted white athletes, of which he is one.... But if you run that through the American lens-o-racism he's stereotyped blacks for their athleticism, which is not ok because it somehow implies that all blacks can jump high and run fast which in turn implies that they cannot also be smart and generally awesome in non-athletic ways. Whites meanwhile will not comment on if they can or cannot jump as a people because no matter how they answer it, they will be seen as talking "for whites" which is one step away from cutting eyeholes in your pillow case.

The old days of blacks being instinctive and whites smart were crap and need to be abandoned. The truth is instinct and BBIQ are different things capable of living in the same body. DWade's ability to get to the rim without being the fastest, longest, or best leaper on the floor is instinct. It cannot be taught. His knowing how many minutes are on the shot clock, when to attack, and when to hold back are intelligence that can be learned by some. We need to abandon the racist buzz words because the game is not political American thing anymore. Its global now and in just about every country kids are dreaming if breaking ankles and hitting shots at the buzzer. Its a beautiful thing.

yeah, there is only about 300+ years of history to this. Black people should get over it.

I dont think Gortat is racist, or even knew the racial constructs of the word but it was an insensitive comment.

Well, its not like we play that well when we have alot of rest. I think we can take one of these games provided we get *some* calls.

Indy just lost to Atlanta. Maybe they're vulnerable right now? And we did beat them in Indy last season despite missing a ton of our guys.

But this Indy team is obviously different from last year's. And they killed us when we traveled there in November.

Plus Indy is a lot better at home than on the road.

The Rockets are 8-8 on the road. And 7-5 in their last 12 games. That might be the one we can steal. They're better than us though.