Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Haven't watched much college ball this year so I was planning on using the tourney to get longer looks at some these prospects.

Bennett, Smart, & Porter all gone after the first game.

---------- Post added March-22nd-2013 at 10:08 PM ----------

Another start for Jason Collins.......

There is a very real chance that Zeller will be the only top guy left after the first round... Not looking good for UCLA and Kansas has started slow.

---------- Post added March-22nd-2013 at 11:30 PM ----------

None of the top prospects have looked especially good. They've ranged from mediocre to bad. Zeller and Bennett were meh, Burke, Smart, McLemore, Shabazz, and Porter have all been bad.

I was really hoping somebody would shine and we could see several games of the top guys in a row against all kinds of competition.

---------- Post added March-22nd-2013 at 11:31 PM ----------

Wall isn't shooting at the top of his jumper any more.

Nene ****es at the refs way too much while the ball is still in play.

---------- Post added March-22nd-2013 at 11:56 PM ----------

We just had a 3 on 1 fastbreak with Steve Nash as the lone defender.........we did not score.

Temple ignored his team mates and went for the full speed layup. That's why my favorite basketball slogan is "it's only selfish if you miss."

Martel must be resigned. Have I said this enough?

Edited by Destino

I like Temple. He's been a nice end of the rotation guy that's come in and played starter's minutes without crapping his pants.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2013 at 12:04 AM ----------

Yeah Martel is a quality starting SF whose still fairly young and has already made himself a key locker room guy. Signing him is a no brainer. Knowing us, he'll be in Brooklyn, LA, or Miami next year.

They are guarding Wall poorly. Playing Nash tight and using Blake to help out and he's just breaking the double team down like it's nothing and Ariza is getting miles of space to score.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2013 at 12:25 AM ----------

Mechanics don't change overnight, but you can tell he's working on them at least. He's having far more "good mechanic" days the last month or so.

Absolutely. But to really get consistent, he needs to stop shooting on his way down so much and he really should eliminate some of the leaning jump shots that come about because he leaves his feet without a good plan too much.