Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Where has Crawford been???

He's been receiving limited minutes since the last Spurs game. Crawford threw up a terrible shot, even by his standards, in the NY game and he hasn't seen the court since.

On a sidenote, this team has to lead the league in players who start one game, then doesn't play the next. Temple started at shooting guard the past few games while Beal recovered, didn't see the court at all last night. The rotations can't be helping this team. I would imagine its easier to play when you have a general of idea of when you may see the court and who you will be running with. Singleton played somewhat decent ball since returning from the doghouse, was earning consistent minutes the last few games, last night he doesn't even play 2 minutes.

He's been receiving limited minutes since the last Spurs game. Crawford threw up a terrible shot, even by his standards, in the NY game and he hasn't seen the court since.

On a sidenote, this team has to lead the league in players who start one game, then doesn't play the next. Temple started at shooting guard the past few games while Beal recovered, didn't see the court at all last night. The rotations can't be helping this team. I would imagine its easier to play when you have a general of idea of when you may see the court and who you will be running with. Singleton played somewhat decent ball since returning from the doghouse, was earning consistent minutes the last few games, last night he doesn't even play 2 minutes.

i agree. thought temple would back up Beal. I was surprised that Booker got that many mins.

Wall had the worst game I've ever seen him play. Things like that happen. Let's see how he bounces back. SO much overreaction from this fanbase (especially on BF) to his performance from last night. Yes, we know it was bad...but he's been nothing short of amazing as far as gauging his effect on the squad since he returned from injury.

*Wale has to be one of the lamest dudes in the music industry. Dude is WAY too sensitive. SMH.

Yeah it was a terrible game. And by no coincidence, a whole bunch of people on RealGM are scheming up ways to trade him and others are coming out of the woodwork claiming, "Oh I never really liked him."

I think it would be easier for people to realize and accept we've probably got at least 6 more years of Wall ahead of us. The time frame of his development is in that term.

What did Wale do?

Yeah it was a terrible game. And by no coincidence, a whole bunch of people on RealGM are scheming up ways to trade him and others are coming out of the woodwork claiming, "Oh I never really liked him."

I think it would be easier for people to realize and accept we've probably got at least 6 more years of Wall ahead of us. The time frame of his development is in that term.

What did Wale do?

Wale = SENSITIVE

Yeah that's silly and nothing to get worked up about and it was weak for Wale to walk up and try and talk to him. But that commentator was being a condescending prick. I guess we're spoiled by Phil and Buck. Those Toronto guys seemed awful. I like Boston's crew with Tommy Heinsohn and Mike Gorman too, but I've yet to hear many broadcasting duos as good as Phil and Buck are.

I think it would be easier for people to realize and accept we've probably got at least 6 more years of Wall ahead of us.

Yeah. I'm one of the people who advocated trading Wall. And basically it's because I don't think he's a franchise player nor do I think he'll ever develop into one.

In three years he still has the same weaknesses he had coming out of college: Unable to hit a jumpshot consistently, not that great in the halfcourt, plays out of control etc.

Look, I do think he's a "franchise type talent" but I question whether he's actually a "franchise player"

So yeah, I'm willing to trade him.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Yeah. I'm one of the people who advocated trading Wall. And basically it's because I don't think he's a franchise player nor do I think he'll ever develop into one.

In three years he still has the same weaknesses he had coming out of college: Unable to hit a jumpshot consistently, not that great in the halfcourt, plays out of control etc.

Look, I do think he's a "franchise type talent" but I question whether he's actually a "franchise player"

So yeah, I'm willing to trade him.

I know you've been consistent in your stance all along. I was talking about the people who were knee jerk posting in reaction to last night's bad game.

Trading Wall means you're totally ending the rebuild and starting something new. If you never liked Wall to begin with, I understand wanting to move on. But giving up on ANY rebuild when not even three years have passed would be an irrefutable sign of gross incompetence by a FO IMO. I'd question whether the team had a commitment to winning or understanding of how to build and frankly, I'd consider them no longer worth following.

I wouldn't trade Wall unless it was for a top pick and the front office had a point guard in mind to draft. In other words after the lottery when the picks are known. I'd also want something else, potentially a second pick or a good player, as well. Wall isn't nearly as bad as he looked yesterday but he doesn't have an answer for the way they defended him and if he ever got in the playoffs I think teams could shut him down.

If the trade made sense I wouldn't advocate it but I could support the reasoning. The problem is that I don't see any PG prospects in this draft that look great and Wittman's "offense" and the current roster depends on a PG.

I'd rather he be traded than giving him a max deal though. Giving him a max deal would be a disaster.

Edited by Destino

Damn, the Kings gave up real quick on Thomas Robinson for Patrick Patterson, Cole Adrich, and Tony Douglas. Houston also traded Marcus Morris to his brother's team, Phoenix for a 2nd round pick. I would have given Crawford for Morris since they just lost Tony Douglas.

---------- Post added February-20th-2013 at 08:11 PM ----------

Also, is it still crazy of me to say we got the wrong year to have the number 1 pick? I got eyes rolled at me when I say I'd rather have Rose, Griffin, Irving, or Davis over Wall earlier in the season. I still think Wall can be a borderline allstar/allstar but I'd still rather have one of those 4 #1 overall picks.

Edited by SuperBash

Damn, the Kings gave up real quick on Thomas Robinson for Patrick Patterson, Cole Adrich, and Tony Douglas. Houston also traded Marcus Morris to his brother's team, Phoenix for a 2nd round pick. I would have given Crawford for Morris since they just lost Tony Douglas.

Damn. That was quick. Wish we had gotten in on a TRob deal. I love the move for Houston though.

James Harden needs good players around him. They are a Dwight Howard signing away from being a powerful team.

If the Sonics... I mean Kings... are looking to fire sale, I would love to get Cousins...

Damn I'd have taken Morris too... and only a 2nd round pick?! bah.

Also, is it still crazy of me to say we got the wrong year to have the number 1 pick? I got eyes rolled at me when I say I'd rather have Rose, Griffin, Irving, or Davis over Wall earlier in the season. I still think Wall can be a borderline allstar/allstar but I'd still rather have one of those 4 #1 over picks.

I agree with you. Especially Rose and Irving.

Wall was every bit the prospect any one of those guys were, except maybe Davis. Claiming otherwise is hindsight BS. I just think the Wizards are a busch league organization that has had a hard time developing any raw talent.

I still think John will be alright though. I think both he and the team are taking a little bit longer to find their way and they basically wasted the first two years of Wall's career. But I think they've finally got something going that makes sense.

I also think the hype on Kyrie has gotten a little out of hand after crossing over Brandon Knight and winning the 3 pt contest, two things that mean precisely jack ****. The ESPN crew actually said he's the best PG 24 and under in the NBA, not Westbrook, and not Rose. That's ****ing ridiculous. Call me when Irving leads his team to a 1 seed and a couple of 50+ win seasons and wins an MVP.

I think it's easier to blame Wall and re-evaluate him in hindsight to say he has worse potential relative to all these other draft picks than it is to really accept the truth that the Wizards are a deeply flawed second rate organization with a loser culture that will never make stars like Rose or Griffin or Irving no matter what kind of talent we stumble into and there is nothing we as fans can do about that.

Irving is a good player, but I honestly believe that a lot of the hype surrounding him has to do with how Lebron left Cleveland. That city was decimated after his departure. They needed a "savior," and now people/media are being a tad extra when hyping this guy up. I mean, what's the story going to be if he keeps putting up good #'s but the team still sucks? 5.5 assists....