Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

McLemore's handles look better than they did the first half of the year. He's playing with so much better pace now, slowing it down a lot instead of going full speed ahead. He'll pick his way carefully to open space like Beal does. Plays a lot more under control right now.

One thing I like that he's started doing is driving the middle of the lane from the wing to draw the defense with the penetration and then kicking it out to the perimeter for open shots. He's doing some facilitating now.

Been watching a lot of Anthony Bennett from UNLV and he's another very intriguing option at SF for us. Has an inside/outside game for a SF and is pretty athletic

i've been wanting to check this guy out as well. From what I've read, he projects to be a stretch 4 in the NBA. I normally don't like stretch 4s, but it would work well with John Wall.

I cry everytime i look at Harden's stats

I find it funny that so many people believe that we could have traded for him cut and dry. I know for a fact this isn't true. The "Harden deal" wasn't as cut as dry as it was reported in the media and it wasn't the sure thing many of you extremeskiners seem to think.

We'll be just fine with Beal (who is ballin' as of late) and he has a rookie deal for the next four years, which is good for building this team.

Porter had a very nice game tonight. He's getting better as the season progresses, growing really fast as a player.

Yep. Here are his last two games.

Porter vs Rutgers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/georgetown-basketball-vs-rutgers-otto-porter-jr-wills-hoyas-to-victory/2013/02/09/bcbb87b0-72fd-11e2-ac36-3d8d9dcaa2e2_story.html

At that point, No. 20 Georgetown trailed by one. And at that point, sophomore Otto Porter Jr. got down to serious work. He scored the next 10 points to virtually hand-deliver a 69-63 victory.

Porter scored 15 of his 19 points in the second half, including five of the game’s last seven in the final 75 seconds. Along the way he grabbed 14 of Georgetown’s 29 total rebounds and dished out a team-high four assists when tight defensive coverage made it tricky to get off his own shot.

“That’s what we’ve come to expect,” Coach John Thompson III said of Porter. “He’s one of the best players in the country, and the best players in the country come through.”

And tonight vs Marquette.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/75716/rapid-reaction-georgetown-63-marquette-55

Key player: Porter. With a little more fanfare and a team that didn’t have some inexplicably bad nights, Porter might just be the leading candidate for Big East player of the year instead of merely in the mix. He’s that good. He’s just sort of unassuming about it. Not in this game. Easily the best player of the match, Porter eventually took over, finishing with 21 points and seven rebounds.

I think Wittman is a good enough caretaker for the team as they start to grow into a potential playoff team. The team respects him and plays hard for him. But I think long term, we need a coaching upgrade. He's got hairbrained rotations, he doesn't seem to care about developing most of our young players, and the team did become a laughing stock on his watch. His level of preparation for the start of the season was terrible. Nobody had a role or a sensible expectation of MPG. That's pretty inexcusable because the whole offseason should be used by the coach to establish roles and build the team.

I mostly agree with this...although I think we should replace him as soon as possible. He's a horrible coach and his rotations are head-scratching to say the least

Edited by Gator Bait

As soon as their SF went out at the start of the 2nd half, I knew Dumblevey was going to come in and kill us.

Against us, he always seems to play like the player people thought he would be when he was drafted.

---------- Post added February-11th-2013 at 09:44 PM ----------

We're shooting well over 50%, Bucks not even at 40%, if we cutback on the turnovers, this will be a comfortable win.

1.) Noel

2.) Shabazz

3.) Zeller

4.) McLemore

5.) Austin

6.) Len

7.) Smart

8.) Bennett

9.) Porter

10.) McAdoo

11.) Plumlee

12.) Oladipo

13.) Carter-Williams

14.) McCollum

15.) Burke

good list...here is mine...

1) Shabazz

2) McLemore

3) Noel

4) Bennett

5) Zeller

6) Porter

7) McCollum

8) Plumlee

9) Austin

10) Carter-Williams

11) McAdoo

12) Pythress

13) Cauley-Stein

14) Len

I'd really like another scorer....whether it is a wing or a big. realistically (based on how we are playing and where we will likely draft) I really like Plumlee and McAdoo.....two guys I can see the Spurs drafting if they had the opportunity.

We've got a little bit of a big 3. They've been playing that way tonight anyway. But we also have a nice set of role players filling in the cracks--Oak, Price, Martell, Ariza, and Seraphin. Each night, it seems like you have a couple of different guys show up and power the team. That's great in the regular season but not sure that translates to the post season.