Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Probably the best half of basketball I've seen the Wizards play in 5 years.

Spoke too soon :ols:

Jan, Beal, Price, and Okafor are all having very good games so far. Poor shooting from the field aside, Wall is playing well too. Ariza is having a pretty good game.

Nene has been pretty quiet lately. He's not getting much lift. I wouldn't be surprised if he's hurting pretty bad.

---------- Post added January-14th-2013 at 08:10 PM ----------

Typical Wizards end to a quarter. You'd think Wall would have the good sense not to shoot jumpers.

Meh he needs to keep shooting. He needs to get into rhythm and find spots he's comfortable from. He's going to get space now, he needs to be aggressive with his shot selection.

All of Ves's attempts coming at the rim. He needs to be camping out in the lane. He'll score with efficiency there.

Okafor has been dominant tonight. Nice steal from Martell too. Gotta love his effort.

---------- Post added January-14th-2013 at 08:26 PM ----------

Andrew Nicholson is pretty nice. He has got some serious offensive skills.

---------- Post added January-14th-2013 at 08:30 PM ----------

I jinxed him. That shot from Nicholson was ugly. Looked like something I'd shoot back in rec league days. When I had to throw it as hard as I could to get it to the rim from 18+ feet.

---------- Post added January-14th-2013 at 08:32 PM ----------

Let me tell you, that upcoming five game road trip was a bear on 2K13.

Pretty step back from Wall. Good pick from Ves. Seraphin is going to eventually get called for his picks. He does a lot of holding on them.

---------- Post added January-14th-2013 at 08:47 PM ----------

I love those two handers from Beal. Nobody is getting at that ball. He squeezes it tight. This run to end the third was awesome.

I'm willing to go on the record that the Wizard's will play above 500 basketball the rest of the way, starting when Wall returned. I know this is just the Magic but the Wizards look like a real, competitive team with Wall back.

The difference is amazing to see. You just don't realize how expertly John spaces the floor and how impactful his leadership is until it's gone for a long time and you suddenly get it back.

His energy level and aggressiveness has also been a big boost. I'm thinking John has been majorly underrated by the basketball world because the team has been so bad the past two years. He's on the threshold of being really special IMO.

I hate to be that guy but I do have some complaints. Areas I see for improvement anyway. First I think John still gambles a bit too much and he'll play too fast and occasionally get stopped in what he's trying to do and then have to bail out and get the ball to his teammates in bad spots. Happened with Seraphin earlier and Seraphin ended up having to hoist a terrible shot. I think John is also too aggressive with all of those double teams on defense and he puts too much pressure on his teammates to rotate to cover his man. And eventually he is going to have to start scoring more efficiently from the field. That I'm not too worried about, I realize he has a long road back in front of him.

But yeah, he's pretty great. I'm still kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop. But at the level they've been playing the last three games, it's not crazy to think they can play .500 ball or better in the second half of the season. Assuming nobody has any setbacks with injuries...