Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Ariza is a clueless ass. Wizards on the break and he resets the offense.

He was caught sleeping on that possession. He had a shot but wasn't ready to catch and shoot and had to pass it.

---------- Post added November-9th-2012 at 09:22 PM ----------

I've just lost all respect for Brandon Jennings. Push somebody to the floor and then try to get away as soon as possible, what a chump.

He's lucky Booker didn't beat his ass.

He was caught sleeping on that possession. He had a shot but wasn't ready to catch and shoot and had to pass it.

Napping in transition when the wizards need urgent fast points... Like I said, clueless ass. He also was instrumental in taking a 5 point game and turning it into a 9 at the end.

Edited by Destino

But we lead the league in moral victories..............MORAL VICTORIES!!!!!

Sorry, I don't count this one as a moral victory. This game got away from us in the fourth.

When I looked at the Milwaukee's stats before the game, I felt like they had a team that's somewhat like us, pretty good defense good at forcing turnovers, decent three pointers, known for committing turnovers, a really good bench. So I was curious to see how we'd match up with them. In my opinion we were outplayed. We were lax on defense too often and lax on offense too often.

We had bright spots, none brighter than Bradley Beal having easily his best game of the year. But I'm looking to see if he becomes a finisher. I know people talk about this being Wall's team, but Beal's a number 3 pick in a pretty good draft class. I know he's young so I'm waiting to see if he develops a killer instinct. I wouldn't put it past him. I also liked how we were creating shots inside as we only took 18 threes on 78 shots and our starting 5 had easily their best games of the season collectively and individually, but they just had too many lapses in their game. Most of those guys are good rotation guys who you don't want handling the ball in crunch time, but I want Beal to be taking those final shots to bring us back. That seemed to be a part of the plan with Beal getting a lot of calls late, but he's not there yet.

We'll see what happens tomorrow night against Indiana.

I can see it being argued flagrant but he didnt hit him with anything but body (no shots to the head) and clearly went for the ball. There is no way that's worth an ejection.

Maybe he got ejected for something he said? He got up quick and looked pissed after Jennings hit him.

Did you see the look on Booker's face after that? Booker is a bad man. I wonder if Jennings realizes how close he came to being knocked out.

I'm looking forward to playing that team again.

Napping in transition when the wizards need urgent fast points... Like I said, clueless ass. He also was instrumental in taking a 5 point game and turning it into a 9 at the end.

He's infuriating. I can't stand a player who doesn't care. Did we get rid of Blatche and Shard for another one?

I can only pray he decides to leave 7 million on the table this summer and take his chance in free agency.

Sorry, I don't count this one as a moral victory. This game got away from us in the fourth.

When I looked at the Milwaukee's stats before the game, I felt like they had a team that's somewhat like us, pretty good defense good at forcing turnovers, decent three pointers, known for committing turnovers, a really good bench. So I was curious to see how we'd match up with them. In my opinion we were outplayed. We were lax on defense too often and lax on offense too often.

We had bright spots, none brighter than Bradley Beal having easily his best game of the year. But I'm looking to see if he becomes a finisher. I know people talk about this being Wall's team, but Beal's a number 3 pick in a pretty good draft class. I know he's young so I'm waiting to see if he develops a killer instinct. I wouldn't put it past him. I also liked how we were creating shots inside as we only took 18 threes on 78 shots and our starting 5 had easily their best games of the season collectively and individually, but they just had too many lapses in their game. Most of those guys are good rotation guys who you don't want handling the ball in crunch time, but I want Beal to be taking those final shots to bring us back. That seemed to be a part of the plan with Beal getting a lot of calls late, but he's not there yet.

We'll see what happens tomorrow night against Indiana.

You're right in some ways. Beal could lead the team offensively one day. I do think he can be an aggressive shot taker and thrive as the number one option in time. I hope he does become a go to option in crunch time like Harden was for OKC last season.

Plus John is a pass first player. John would rather make the plays for his teammates.

But from a personality/chemistry/leadership standpoint, this is solidly John's team. He's the man. He looms large over everything even when he's on the bench. He's just that kind of alpha type athlete. He's a mini LeBron personality-wise. And everyone respects him

Plus Beal is the type who is going to figure out how to adapt and fit himself into the structure of the team. He's a glue man at heart. The first thing Billy Donovan (and pretty much everyone who knows Beal) brings up when they talk about him is how Beal "gets it." He understands the dynamics of team ball. He approaches the game from the perspective of a coach IMO--a sort of detached self conscious review of a situation. He sees the sort of big picture of the team. he's a guy who could lead if you needed him to, but your best bet is having him work with an alpha type.

Much the same as Vesely, Singleton, Nene, and Booker.

Really, I think our team has three alpha types, Seraphin, Wall, and Crawford, which is the right kind of distribution IMO. You want your transcendent PG to be that focal point. And you want that kind of attitude in your sixth man spark plug type. And you want an assertive big. But the best part is that, even though those guys are aggressive, they are very unselfish basketball players. They get it. They don't piss off their teammates or step on toes. And I think losing so much and being younger than everyone and having that "little brother" reputation with guys like Kenny and Chuck making fun of them constantly has made them hungry.

Consequently, that's why I wouldn't cry if we lose a ton of games and came away with James McAdoo in this year's draft. He specifically would fit well with this team.

I think the pieces are coming together with this team. One of the hardest things to do in the NBA is keep a young team together for the necessary amount of time to let it grow properly. You know what's bizarre to me? Ernie's draft picks and trades to bring in young players the past three years have actually been the right calls for the most part. It was the right call to trade Heinrich and Armstrong for Crawf and Singleton. It was the right time to ship out Arenas. It was the right call to ship out JaVale and NY. But his personnel decisions to bring in veterans have mostly been abominable. How can someone do so well projecting rookie and young talent and simultaneously be such a horrible judge of market value and proven veteran talent?

The team is coping well without John for about the first 40 minutes of the game. Where you really feel his loss, and where the team is losing games, is during winning time. We've played teams who have their stars to create against the intense D of the end game. We don't have ours, we're playing with a hand tied behind our backs. Without that star, we have to be absolutely perfect in execution to get decent shots off and we have no margin for error--impossible to handle with a young team.