Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

All I know is you never hear this kind of nonsense coming from the Spurs or Heat or any other team with strong leadership at the top.

Been quite a bit of static coming out of San Antonio this year about Kawhi and his injury rehab.

The Heat are a trash heap that have $55M tied up in Whiteside, Dion Waiters and James freakin Johnson through 2020.

Just sayin.

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

All I know is you never hear this kind of nonsense coming from the Spurs or Heat or any other team with strong leadership at the top.

The best part (worst) is that a five game winning streak seemingly made things worse.  We passed Miami and are a half game out of third all of the sudden.  Just how bad does the culture have to be for winning to actually cause problems?  lol

Just now, Destino said:

The best part (worst) is that a five game winning streak seemingly made things worse.  We passed Miami and are a half game out of third all of the sudden.  Just how bad does the culture have to be for winning to actually cause problems?  lol

Right? You would think they lost 10 of the last 11 or something. Everyone needs to shut the hell up and play ball and someone need to let Wall know that INFRONT of the rest of the team. Never will happen though. I dont know what it is about DC smfh

We'll be fine.  It was a jerk move of Wall but he isn't a jerk. He's popular with the team and he and Beal are good leaders.  Beal doesn't dissemble.  He was telling the truth about how none of them think they are better without him and that this is being blown out of proportion.  

I still think Wall should apologize to Gortat.  It'd be chilldish not to.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We'll be fine.  It was a jerk move of Wall but he isn't a jerk. He's popular with the team and he and Beal are good leaders.  Beal doesn't dissemble.  He was telling the truth about how none of them think they are better without him and that this is being blown out of proportion.  

I agree....although I think there's more to this than meets the eye.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Cowherd was right all along. They should have drafted Gordon Hayward.

28 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Kinda ripped this from Deadspin, but if the Knicks wanna tank....Gortat/Meeks for Kyle O’Quinn/Courtney Lee certainly looks exciting from my perspective.

Last year of Lee’s contract will be messy, tho.  But...what the hell.

I wanted Willy Hernangomez but Charlotte already got him.  A 23 year old center with a little potential making 1.5 million a season is exactly what the Wizards need.  The problem with Courtney Lee is that his deal steals even more cap flexibility and the team ends up getting even older when they can't resign Oubre because they have to pay 32 year old Lee.

• Like 1

25 minutes until the deadline.  Will Gortat get traded?

23 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I agree....although I think there's more to this than meets the eye.

I think you might be right.  I'm going to be very disappointed if I find out that Gortat was trashing Wall to the likes of JJ Barea.  But I can't rule that out.

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

25 minutes until the deadline.  Will Gortat get traded?

I think you might be right.  I'm going to be very disappointed if I find out that Gortat was trashing Wall to the likes of JJ Barea.  But I can't rule that out.

Those white NBA players stick together. There only like 7 of them and I bet you they talk. Wall is probably a dick to Gortat. And Gortat probably talked **** to JJ over drinks.