Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

As steve said, Durant is who he is. He's a beta, not an alpha. He doesn't want to be the hero, the icon, the legend, like Lebron was when he returned home. He's perfectly happy just being a great player putting up #s and winning a ring or rings.

There is zero evidence of any of this.

6 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Sessions was looking for a starting job.

Obviously, that didn't happen but that was his mindset.

Was it though?  We traded for Burke before Sessions signed anywhere if I'm remembering correctly and I believe the announcement that we had signed Nicholson for 6 million per year over 4 years came before Sessions signed for 6 million a year over 2 years with Charlotte.  I feel like Ernie could have signed Sessions if he hadn't been in a hurry to sign really bad bench players. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Destino said:

Was it though?  We traded for Burke before Sessions signed anywhere if I'm remembering correctly and I believe the announcement that we had signed Nicholson for 6 million per year over 4 years came before Sessions signed for 6 million a year over 2 years with Charlotte.  I feel like Ernie could have signed Sessions if he hadn't been in a hurry to sign really bad bench players. 

No. He definitely expressed an interest in starting somewhere.

Now if Ernie had waited a bit....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wizards-insider/wp/2016/04/19/ramon-sessions-enters-free-agency-hoping-for-a-chance-as-starting-point-guard/?utm_term=.99a6f46d8285

Ramon Sessions enters free agency hoping for a chance as starting point guard

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Yuck!

So they're going to release one of the young guys.

Probably Ochefu.

Their contracts make them more expendable.  My guess is Ochefu or House.  House if his injury is an issue, Ochefu because acquiring McCullough probably closed down Ochefu's path to playing time within the next several years.

4 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

he's not exactly good, but he's also not Burke

that is the only criteria that matters

Brandon Jennings leads the NBA in assists off the bench. That is a huge asset to have and the reason the second unit sucks is because Burke has no concept of how to run an offense and lead guys into rhythm. It's just stand a pass to another standing guy.

2 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

There is zero evidence of any of this.

Actions speak louder than words. Joining a team that already had the league MVP, was already the best in the league, and essentially saying it's because he wants to not have to deal with the "last shot" stuff, pretty much says it all. 

From a talent standpoint, Durant is absolutely in the tier of the best to ever play, but his mentality is not that of Kobe, Jordan, Bird etc. There's nothing wrong with that but I and I'm sure many will never view his rings in GS the same as LeBron lifting Cleveland by his damn bootstraps.

• Like 1

Warriors said some nice things about us.  The Cavs did too after we played them.  They built us up a little bit.  We played those guys tough but we didn't play with arrogance or play dirty.  Just an intense but clean competition and I do think it's probably a nice test for an elite team during the doldrums of the regular season.  You have to focus and be on your game because we play with such tremendous speed and we force a lot of turnovers.  You can't sleep walk against us any more.

• Like 1