Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

On 3/1/2017 at 4:39 PM, Sticksboi05 said:

Actions speak louder than words. Joining a team that already had the league MVP, was already the best in the league, and essentially saying it's because he wants to not have to deal with the "last shot" stuff, pretty much says it all. 

From a talent standpoint, Durant is absolutely in the tier of the best to ever play, but his mentality is not that of Kobe, Jordan, Bird etc. There's nothing wrong with that but I and I'm sure many will never view his rings in GS the same as LeBron lifting Cleveland by his damn bootstraps.

Lebron left his team to join superstars in Miami.

Durant went to Golden State and has been their best player and arguably the best player in the NBA this season.

There is ZERO evidence that Durant is like that. You guys need to stop this "hot takes" sports analysis.

That Nurkic fella is looking really good for Portland.

1 minute ago, TheItalianStallion said:

Well our win over GS seems to have gone down in value somewhat. Failing to score 100 vs Chicago? Ick.

They're reeling from the Durant injury, but they'll get their bearings and get back to being dominant again soon.

Steph Curry has kind of taken this season off.  He's going to have to get back to playing like an MVP now in Durant's absence.

10 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They're reeling from the Durant injury, but they'll get their bearings and get back to being dominant again soon.

Steph Curry has kind of taken this season off.  He's going to have to get back to playing like an MVP now in Durant's absence.

True but my point stands: if a win over the Durant-less Warriors had occurred 3 weeks from now, it'd have been a major accomplishment. As it is, the Durant-less Warriors are still getting used to not having him. Despite what I said in an earlier post, I'm not sure how much of an accomplishment it was at this point.

15 minutes ago, TheItalianStallion said:

True but my point stands: if a win over the Durant-less Warriors had occurred 3 weeks from now, it'd have been a major accomplishment. As it is, the Durant-less Warriors are still getting used to not having him. Despite what I said in an earlier post, I'm not sure how much of an accomplishment it was at this point.

there was nothing devalued about that win, especially since the next night the Wizards smacked up Toronto.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheItalianStallion said:

They won 73 games without Durant last year. It was an amazing accomplishment for a young team that is basically beating the dog **** out of everyone. We have a squad to be proud of you. Let's not try to find ways to poo poo big wins. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

They won 73 games without Durant last year. It was an amazing accomplishment for a young team that is basically beating the dog **** out of everyone. We have a squad to be proud of you. Let's not try to find ways to poo poo big wins. 

team was constructed a little differently without Durant, they sacrificed depth to get him.

It was still a good win. They're still a championship caliber team. If anything we sent them into their downward spiral. The back to back thing doesn't mean anything to me because we had a back to back the very next night and blew out Toronto.

When you parse through the chart, we haven't gotten the benefit from a bad call in the final two minutes of a game in two calendar years.  In that span our opponents have gotten 22.

And they only had data on bad calls in the final two minutes.  We know we get screwed over from opening tip to final whistle.  We put up with it when we sucked but we shouldn't have to ****ing do so any more.

NBA refs have it out for the Wizards.  And for John in particular.  Dirty ****s.  It's long past time for the NBA to clean house and replace every single ref who was around in 2007.