Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan Press Conference on 980

MattFancy

Really didn't say a whole lot. You could here in his voice he's pissed about that lost and he should be.

And he should be we don't need to "stay medium" anymore we need to be hungry and want to win every game and when we lost we need to be upset about it. It's good to see our team with fight in it something I haven't seen in a long time

ryanohalloran

Five quickies from Shanahan presser. 1. Said MRI on Trent Williams' knee was negative, which is a positive. 3 minutes ago via web

2. Wouldn't go anywhere good on DeAngelo's comments today. Said wanted every player to take on the best, etc, etc, etc. 2 minutes ago via web

3. Said FG block was caused by a bust. Wouldn't identify Fred Davis, but I will. 2 minutes ago via web

4. Wouldn't elaborate on S Kareem Moore's status for Sunday's game. Moore said last Thursday he would be available. 1 minute ago via web

5. Downplayed run-game struggles by pointing out Redskins averaged 11.2 yards per pass attempt and 15.2 yards per completion. less than 20 seconds ago via web

Doc just mentioned something about a bunch of "hiden" plays that only the coaches see were miscues. I didn't hear Shanny say it but one WR block on an LJ run and Shanny said it goes 60 yds?????

This is something I found interesting. These coaches are very attentive to details and this is something that will be bought up in the meeting room. Do you think that they'll call out the WO or let them be the ones to bring it to the forefront?

This is something I found interesting. These coaches are very attentive to details and this is something that will be bought up in the meeting room. Do you think that they'll call out the WO or let them be the ones to bring it to the forefront?

It doesn't sound like anybody can "hide" in that meeting room today! :ols:

Shanahan takes me back to George Allen and to early Joe Gibbs. He shows the kind of intensity to win that can't help but rub itself off on the players on the roster.

As Shannon Sharpe said - by the end of Season 1 Shanahan will own the locker room and the guys that don't want to work or sacrifice to be victorious will be gone :)

What?? Shanahan LIKES the fact that DeAngelo Hall wants to step his game up, and thinks other players should have that attitude?

What an apologist. Hall is clearly a distraction.

He may be a distraction, but Shanny's answer was the perfect response to nip that in the bud as far as the press is concerned.

--Wants all players to think like Hall in regards to taking on top WR. Wants guys to know they can get the job done.

In other words, this outburst is not going to be distraction in his locker room, but you can bet he's gonna here from him...

--Says LJ isn't used to not carrying the ball more as the game wears on, says he was close on a few plays.

No reporter is going to get Shanahan to admit he is lacking personnel in the backfield.

--Doesn't know about Albert practicing this week either.

In other words, they're trying like hell to trade him.

--Someone didn't use proper technique on the blocked FG

Davis blew it big time, and Shanahan is pissed about it, but Mike isn't going to call a single player out during the same presser where he's deflecting player character questions left and right

Well done coach, now get this team back to practice so you can wipe the field with St. Louis on Sunday.:applause:

Archived