Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's win this freakin' division.

Rypien1191

i like it. You know, I ain't even mad about the Redskins loss today. Houston has a damn good team and now has to be considered to be a contender in the AFC. i think their situation will be real interesting.

i'm glad we can throw the ball. moss and armstrong made a couple spectacular grabs, and i think this shows the need for a big name WR like andre johnson to draw attention from the D and open up the running game.

i think we...*need* fresh legs. i'm hoping mark ingram :D but yeah, houston is good and on a mission, all i want from them is to kick Dallas' ass next week!

I'll mirror this sentiment if we stomp the Rams' guts out next week like a good team should.

On the plus side, as somebody mentioned, the game next week will no longer be a "trap." Shanny will be plenty pissed after this. If we aren't motivated for the Rams, we have serious issues.

We're leading it now! I said in another post this division is up for grabs. I'm hoping the Skins can execute next week and win over the Rams. Dallas and Giants both have tough games next week and not sure about Philly. It's early, so you still can't tell who's going to be really good, but this race is going to be interesting. HTTR!

Putting the kool-aid down and the rose colored glasses I really still think this division is going to be won by the Cowboys and probably pretty easily.

The Giants are a dumpster fire, pretty apparent that Coughlin will be gone after this year.

The Eagles and Redskins are pretty even in my opinion, both have a lot of issues, just going to come down to who takes care of business, they tried to but didn't blow their big lead today vs the Lions, we blew a game that was in the bag vs the Texans, thats no bueno.

The Cowboys have more talent than all the other teams, are only 1 game behind even after a bad start, and eventually the cream will rise to the top.

I just don't see how a team with as much talent as the Cowboys, finishes behind the Redskins, Eagles, or Giants with all the the problems that they have.

I really still think this division is going to be won by the Cowboys and probably pretty easily.

I can see the Cowboys still winning the div......easily? I dunno. They still have to play Houston, Indy, Green Bay all on the road. The Vikings too. And the Saints at home.

This division is likely to be taken with a 10-6 record.

Being that after the Ram game it is not out of the question that the Redskins could go 1-3 or even 0-4 in that 4 game stretch from hell, this loss today was a killer.

They were set up to be 3-0, which would have been a nice buffer for that 4 game stretch, where going 2-2 would be an accomplishment, now 2-2 is a must or this season is pretty much over.

They'll beat the Rams next week but i'm only seeing 1 win in the next 4, which will put them at 3-4 and still facing a tough schedule the rest of the way. This team isn't good enough to go 7-2 the rest of the way after a 3-4 start to finish at 10-6, 6-3 is a stretch.

The loss today has a huge domino effect on the season. I just don't see it, can't give away games in the NFL, the season is too short.

I say easily because the Redskins, Giants, and Eagles, all have to play that same schedule that you just spoke of. The Cowboys are much more likely to survive that schedule than the any of the other 3 teams.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys were the only team that finished over .500 in the division

Putting the kool-aid down and the rose colored glasses I really still think this division is going to be won by the Cowboys and probably pretty easily.

The Giants are a dumpster fire, pretty apparent that Coughlin will be gone after this year.

The Eagles and Redskins are pretty even in my opinion, both have a lot of issues, just going to come down to who takes care of business, they tried to but didn't blow their big lead today vs the Lions, we blew a game that was in the bag vs the Texans, thats no bueno.

The Cowboys have more talent than all the other teams, are only 1 game behind even after a bad start, and eventually the cream will rise to the top.

I just don't see how a team with as much talent as the Cowboys, finishes behind the Redskins, Eagles, or Giants with all the the problems that they have.

Oh the Pukes have issues too plenty of them. I dont see them winning anything pretty easily (and this is without homer glasses) They have looked like hot garbage and have a tougher stretch than we do.

It all rests on the eagles game we win that game and were 2-0 in the divison even indy can beat us and that leaves us at 5-2 i think we can hang with the bears and i think we can hang with Green bay. The Colts to me are the toughest game coming up the rest can be won to a varying degree.i think if we go 2-2 after opening up 3-1 thats still fine and this team SHOULD do that.

Huge early season loss today every loss hurts but when you can be undefeated it hurts more.

Its not as huge as you think....Remember it is an out-of-conference game. Technically we are leading in the division, even if we are tied @ 1-1 with NYG, and Philly

-Philly lost to Greenbay (an NFC opponent)

-NY beat Carolina (an NFC opponent, but not an NFCE opponent)

-Redskins beat Dallas (both and NFC and NFCE oppenent).

We definitely can take the division if we can play with the intensity we have the last couple weeks. A couple key things will be if we can start to run the ball some and tighten up in the fourth quarter (close out the game). I think the latter of those two is the most obtainable goal as I'm still a little worried about the running situation. Hopefully it will click a little more as the season progresses. The thing I want to see most is how we handle St. Louis next week. In the past, the Skins typically played down to their competition. We all know that pain too well. We should win this game and do it without causing every Skins fan to have a heart attack in the 4th quarter. I want to see a comfortable victory this week. I know "Any given Sunday," but we should be able to handle the Rams if we've got sights on the division title.

I'm sick of the "we are showing we can hang with good teams" statement that I've seen from several posters. During last season's debacle we showed we could "hang with good teams" as well.......but lost, as well as to several bad teams as well.

There is one very important distinction between last year and this year. POINTS. Yesterday we scored 27 points against a very good defense that beat indy and the pukes in pre-season. Our offense is showing it can move the ball. WR's are making plays and the ball is being delivered so they can catch it and, gulp, sometimes, unlike last year, the wr's are getting the ball in stride! What a concept. This is completely different from the close games of last year where we all knew that JC would NEVER rally his team to win. So glad the smeegles were stupid enough to send us McNAbb. So glad.

Our next 5 games

@ Rams- win probably

@ Eagles- will be a huge game W or L either way

vs. Packers

vs. Colts

@ Bears

Can we beat the Packers or Colts at home? Bears on the road?

Huge early season loss today every loss hurts but when you can be undefeated it hurts more.

Man... we needed this win BAD!!! That upcoming schedule is not pretty. GreenBay, Indy, then @ Chicago ( who is 2-0). We should've been 4-0 going into those contest. But if we can beat the eagles in Philly then I'll give the Houston loss a wash. That road win would make up for the home loss. Hopefully we can be 3-1 going into that stretch.

Our next 5 games

@ Rams- win probably

@ Eagles- will be a huge game W or L either way

vs. Packers

vs. Colts

@ Bears

Can we beat the Packers or Colts at home? Bears on the road?

We should beat the Rams, probably will beat the Eagles (especially if Kolb is back from his concussion - Reid will really want to play him if he can), and I think we'll take one of the two against the Packers and Colts. The Bears will be close, but I think we can pull that one out, especially if our defense and offense tighten things down by then, which they should.

Archived