Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Champ Bailey crazy prediction.

Art

I think we'll ultimately end up keeping Bailey. Whether it gets worked out now or next offseason when he's franchised, I just don't see us losing him. However, say his value starts to rise even further and he goes for over $20 million in a bonus and we decide to take the two picks.

My guess is Snyder turns his attention to Charles Woodson who at one point was better than Bailey but is no longer quite there and therefore probably won't see the same ching -- still around $15 million though -- if the Raiders decide not to franchise him.

In the end, two firsts and Woodson would be an ok trade for Bailey I suppose :).

I thought about this before, I bet Woodson would take that contract offer we offered Bailey the first time. And i dont think the Raiders will franchise him cause they cannot afford it. Plus I think they drafted that CB in the first round this past year so they could be prepared for Woodson's departure.

I would take 2 first round picks and Charles Woodson for Bailey in a second. With 2 first round picks, you can get 2 players that can impact right away, we already have skill position players that usually take longer to make an impact (qb, wr, rb). So you get 3 for 1. Sounds good, somebody pull the trigger.

Take the pickkkkkkkkkkkkksssssss........

We are not far off from having a damn good defense if we continue to develop the young players we now have. If Bailey don't take the offer, sign Smoot and draft another young CB stud and DT. Yet, draft a DT and DE and sign another quality CB.

There you have it in a nut shell..............

Originally posted by Canyonero!

That's all assuming some other team is willing to give up their next two 1st round picks for Bailey and his huge contract. Is that really a given?

I agree. No team will give up 2 picks for Bailey - especially unconditional first rounders.

Two first rounders should be reserved for a player who will literally take over the game. It was worth it for the Dolphins acquisition of Ricky - though that was rightfully conditional based on limited track record. A QB or RB. Perhaps a GM mark can be found who fiends over a WR to fill a gaping hole (Keyshawn, Galloway).

But a CB who's not a Deion-esque ball hawk or special teamer who will comprise 1/4 of your secondary? With full respect to Bailey and understanding of his adverse circumstances in DC, it's tough to reconcile his alleged impact as a dominant game-changer worthy of 2 first rounders with the Skins recent season performances.

even if we could get 2 high draft picks for him there is the issue of PAYING those new guys. Lookit Samuels and LaVar...

In this day and age, you can't afford a team full of first round draft picks.

It would be nice if we could draft better further down the board.

Sorry, I think the best we can hope for (and the least I'd settle for) would be a first rounder plus a solid player. I don't think anybody is dumb enough to give up the two first rounders anymore. But you never know, Bradway is still working for the Jets;)

Originally posted by mcgarnicle71

Seems kind of ironic trading Champ for draft picks when you see what Snyder's been doing last couple of years with said draft picks :twitch:

You'll have to enlighten me about that. "Trading" them for restricted FA's? That was only this last offseason, not the last couple of years. Otherwise the last few drafts have been pretty decent. As far as #1's, as we are talking about in ref to Champ...Ramsey, Lavar, Samuels & Gardner...not too shabby.

We'll get the deal done ending this trade champ for picks stuff.

Besides the way our luck is going it would be a team like Tampon or some perrenial playoff team that would snag him.

But knowing him he'd probably try to join the falcons since he loves Georgia so much.

Originally posted by NavyDave

We'll get the deal done ending this trade champ for picks stuff.

Besides the way our luck is going it would be a team like Tampon or some perrenial playoff team that would snag him.

But knowing him he'd probably try to join the falcons since he loves Georgia so much.

I think the Falcons deal would be an easy sell for Champ. BUT, I agre with the first statement. We'll get him and all the talk will shift to Lavar's contract.

Archived