Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Williams vs Mario Williams predictions (also my 1,000th post!!!)

DeadExField

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Trent Williams will dominate Mario Williams all game long. Mario Williams doesn't scare people like Julius Peppers or Trent Cole does. Mario Williams is still a great pass rusher, but with Trent Williams coming off of a great performance against DeMarcus Ware, he'll have the confidence to that he can pancake Mario Williams on every play.

Do not under estimate Mario Williams. He's a tremendous (and under rated) defensive end and I'm sure he's gonna cause Trent some problems. He's also a bit of a hero here in North Carolina (went to high school in a little eastern town called Richlands and played at NC State).

Having said that, I don't think either player will completely dominate. They're both going to bring their best to the table. Should be an interesting match up to watch.

I think Mario is an easier matchup. Ware is a pain in the ass because he moves around a lot playing OLB in that 3-4. Mario is a more traditional DE. He's a beast don't get me wrong, but I think Trent will be at least as good as he was vs. Ware, if not better.

They also don't have an inside presence like Ratliff so we can shift Portis over to that side to help out if need be.

Trent Williams will dominate Mario Williams all game long.

Mario Williams doesn't scare people like Julius Peppers or Trent Cole does.

Ugh. Both of these statements are off the wall.

He's going to dominate Mario Williams? Extremely doubtful. Hold his own? Do an okay job? Sure. I'll buy that. But dominate? We're talking pancakes and drive blocks all game long when we say dominate. He will NOT dominate Mario Williams.

And Julius Peppers isn't scaring anyone now a days and Trent Cole doesn't belong in this conversation. Again, Williams is probably the best all around DE in the NFL. It's amazing to me how few people actually know how good he actually is.

• 1 month later...

Archived