NBCDFW.com: Dez Bryant Is Ready To "Unleash"

tr1

Are you ready for some football?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Are you ready for some football?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dude! It's baseball season... who cares about football on a Redskin board

Sometimes when you let a dog off a leash it sort of just stands there, doesn't realize you disconnected the leash, or wanders about slowly and aimlessly while sniffing the ground. After doing that for a while it pees or takes a dump then trots back over to its owner. I hope that is the type of unleashing Dez Bryant has in the NFL.

Sometimes when you let a dog off a leash it sort of just stands there, doesn't realize you disconnected the leash, or wanders about slowly and aimlessly while sniffing the ground. After doing that for a while it pees or takes a dump then trots back over to its owner. I hope that is the type of unleashing Dez Bryant has in the NFL.

Hit the nail on the head right there if i do say so

Amazing. Bryant is just going to be a great disappointment to the Cowboys if he even has just a normal rookie season because of the pedestal the fans have put him on.

....and sometimes that dog actually takes off at insane speed, and then gets run over by a truck cause the ******* dog didn't know where the **** it was running. Just sayin'.

It's true though, Bibby's right, you guys (Cowboy's fans) have put him up so high already (MOSS?!, what is Dez's 40 time again? 4.56 was the high, yeah, Moss ran a 4.25 HUGE difference) that even if he has a great season as a rookie, it'll be disappointing. Kind of like calling for Dallas to go play the SB in Dallas, well, what if they only win a playoff game, "Ohhhhh God the worlds over! boo hooooooooo."

Seriously, why not set your expectations at a reasonable level, like, maybe he outplays Roy "No Talent" Williams first.

When Randy Moss came out of Marshall, he was unlike anything anyone had seen at WR. He broke the mold and everyone remade it with his measurables. No one knew how to prepare for him, and he made them pay. Bryant isn't breaking any molds with his body type, he's just the next "best receiver" in college to come to the pros.

With the way he's been behaving and talking though, he's certainly providing enough motivational material for the Skins to shut him up.

This is very true. When Moss came out he was a freak of nature (still is); nobody had ever seen anything like him. 6'4, 210lbs with 4.25 speed and hands like glue. At that time he was such an aberration that he didn't need to be able to run crisp, precise routes and have a great understanding of pro offenses to beat anyone who tried to stop him. He would just use his natural abilities to blow by them, or out jump them.

Nowadays, just being a physical freak isn't enough at that position. Defenses adapted to that sort of thing and have evolved ways to handle it. And while Bryant is obviously a very gifted athlete, he isn't even in the same category as freaks like Moss or Calvin Johnson. As the game progressed, Moss had to actually learn to run good routes, etc in order to still be as good. Just like CJ did before he was much of a threat against opposing defenses.

Methinks Bryant is full of hot air.

dez bryant will maybe get like 3 catches for 23 yards. IF THAT. i mean when we played arizona we shut down fitzgerald and boldin (minus the reed doughty coverage) so what makes u think cowgirl fans that dez bryant is gonna be unstoppable. its just human nature to you all i guess to think every player you have is elite. ya 3rd stringer center probably better than jeff saturday huh?

He may be good, but only time will tell.

He'll definitely struggle against us.

I'm predicting that he'll commit rookie mistakes, (though not spiking the ball after falling untouched after making a catch like Plexiglass did as a rookie with Pittsburg), but stuff like pass interference or illegal blocks.

I agree with the posters that say that Landry, or someone, should bust him in the chops. If doesn't necessarily have to be Landry, but someone should jack him up early, and more than once, to get him rattled. That baptism of fire may take him off his game, and make him more than likely to commit those penalties that I alluded to.

He may have been hit by his teammates in practice, but not with the speed and fury of someone from the opposing team.

He may be good, but only time will tell.

He'll definitely struggle against us.

I'm predicting that he'll commit rookie mistakes, (though not spiking the ball after falling untouched after making a catch like Plexiglass did as a rookie with Pittsburg), but stuff like pass interference or illegal blocks.

I agree with the posters that say that Landry, or someone, should bust him in the chops. If doesn't necessarily have to be Landry, but someone should jack him up early, and more than once, to get him rattled. That baptism of fire may take him off his game, and make him more than likely to commit those penalties that I alluded to.

He may have been hit by his teammates in practice, but not with the speed and fury of someone from the opposing team.

he has not practiced much with his ankle. what kind of game shape will he be in with only playing a couple of games in 2 years.

Well thankfully if Dez is a bust he is still only our #3 option as a Receiving threat behind Miles and Jason.

I don't think he's going to be a bust, I think he'll be a great receiver (as much as I hate to say it), but not in his first few games, and especially not with nearly a year of rust to knock off and without any preseason games to get used to the NFL's speed.

I also don't think he's going to be Randy Moss, but if he can be another Miles Austin it seems like a lot of you guys would be disappointed with it when that would give Dallas one of the top receiving groups in the league. Even so, it's probably going to take about half a season or more for him to get used to the league.

Archived