Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The daily (9/07/10) twitter (and more) thread

Oldskool

granthpaulsen

What will Shanahan be more mad about? D. McNabb admitting that he's starting against Dallas,or McNabb saying Skins "can't win without [92]." half a minute ago via web

davidelfin

Haynesworth, Archuleta, Shuler, D. Howard, Randle El, B. Wilson, T. Carter, Deion, George, M. W'brook. #Redskins worst moves of past 20 yrs. less than a minute ago via web

Rich_Campbell

After two weeks of silence, McNabb addresses Haynesworth saga, his contract status and his health: http://bit.ly/bVxuaw | #Redskins Journal less than a minute ago via TweetDeck

I wish twitter would go down for the next 5 days so that at least some of the reporting would require a tiny bit of effort as opposed to "tweeting" everything that crosses thier mind.

I'm about to stop following Elfin. I think he had a stroke or something.. :silly:

don't want to read too much into this ... i wonder why this wasn't a clear answer?
Because Mike is probably still teaching his philosophy to Kyle (if not his version of the WCO, not what he learned from Kubiak, who learned it from Mike), but Kyle is calling the plays.
I am sure/hope, that is the case. I hope its not a "too many chefs in the kitchen" thing and Mcnabb is confused by who's our OC...

I thought it was a clear answer.

Its Kyle's offense.

His specialty being the passing game with input from Mike in the running game, but if you look at the roots of Kyle's offense he's was groomed under Kubiac who was groomed under Mike which begat.....which begat....lol....but in a way its still actually Mike's offense.

Seriously though, with Mike being a offensive guru in his own right its only logical that he would have input/guidance to Kyle's schemes.

But, i don't think there's going to be a too many cooks in the kitchen issue, Kyle Shanahan has earned his stripes.

granthpaulsen

What will Shanahan be more mad about? D. McNabb admitting that he's starting against Dallas,or McNabb saying Skins "can't win without [92]." half a minute ago via web

Didn't Shanahan confirm that McNabb was playing yesterday?

What next a tweet from Haynesworth. Yeah, I gotta get movin....Sell on Ribbs at the Ribbs shack.. mmm mmm I like me some ribs :D ?

Can you imagine if Haynesworth tweeted something even remotely like that, how many reporters would jump all over it as if he's traded, its a done deal? LOL

Its Kyle's offense.

His specialty being the passing game with input from Mike in the running game, but if you look at the roots of Kyle's offense he's was groomed under Kubiac who was groomed under Mike which begat.....which begat....lol....but in a way its still actually Mike's offense.

With that description of our Offense, it almost makes you think our offensive scheme is the result of some weird 'in-breeding' LOL

davidelfin

Haynesworth, Archuleta, Shuler, D. Howard, Randle El, B. Wilson, T. Carter, Deion, George, M. W'brook. #Redskins worst moves of past 20 yrs. less than a minute ago via web

Wow, T. Carter and B. Wilson were bad moves? Who the **** is B. Wilson? Tom Carter left here and promptly did nothing. We didn't overpay him, can't see how that was a bad move. He wasn't a great pick but, played pretty well about half way through his deal. At least we didn't compound it, lots of teams make poor draft choices, and half of the ones he mentioned were Charley Casserly's mistakes.

Elfin's a moron. Digging 15 years to find bad Skins moves? I could have found more than that in the last 5-10.

dcsportsbog

Redskins have oldest offense, defense, defensive front 7, secondary, and offensive skill players in the NFC East http://wapo.st/cFowky less than 20 seconds ago via web

This actually worries me. The Patriots, during their undefeated season, began to wear down on D as the season wore on. I thought it was because of the age of their players. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to us late in the season.

Wow, T. Carter and B. Wilson were bad moves? Who the **** is B. Wilson? Tom Carter left here and promptly did nothing. We didn't overpay him, can't see how that was a bad move. He wasn't a great pick but at least we didn't compound it, lots of teams make poor draft choices, and most of the ones he mentioned were Charley Casserly's mistakes.

Elfin's a moron. Digging 15 years to find bad Skins moves? I could have found more than that in the last 5-10.

Like I said earlier, I think Elfin has been drinking the haterade for a while now and/or had a stroke. His tweets really make little sense and are full of LaVar strength venom and bile towards the organization.

Like I said earlier, I think Elfin has been drinking the haterade for a while now and/or had a stroke.

My Dad had a stroke a couple years ago and I went to visit him. I asked him if he noticed any negative effects (it was a few days after and he was doing surprisingly well). He said, "Well, I have a hard time putting my thoughts together, and I talk real slow."

My wife and I looked at each other and, at the same time, said, "We can't tell the difference." He laughed. I said, "Dad, you talk slow because you're from the south not cause of a stroke." :ols:

I thought it was a clear answer.

Its Kyle's offense.

Seriously though, with Mike being a offensive guru in his own right its only logical that he would have input/guidance to Kyle's schemes.

But, i don't think there's going to be a too many cooks in the kitchen issue, Kyle Shanahan has earned his stripes.

Look at it this way: it is Kyle's offense within the parameters set by Mike. The head coach sets the high level plan and the coordinators plan according to that.

As for McNabb's statement about Big Al, anyone think that it might be a statement to the head coach as well as Big Al? Both are misbehaving in my eyes and need to chill it and get to the business of football.

Archived