Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Noticed that some fans are not excited to have Mcnabb as a starting QB

McnabbSupporter

For 10 years, McNabb was the enemy. As a Redskin fan, you had to hate him and call him overrated and a choker. We loved seeing him fail in all those NFC championship games.

Now he's our guy..... that's gonna take some getting used to. I admit, he's said and done all the right things so far and my acceptance of him is much better than when the trade was first done, but it's still gonna take some time for the old thought to go away. Of course, beating Dallass would help alot!

So why is Campbell graded a C?
I gave Jason a C minus. Explaining why thoroughly would require a lengthy post. Briefly, I think he has better short-to-medium range accuracy than Donovan, so a coach could play a more disciplined offense (ball control and field position). However, I don't dismiss as worthless McNabb's outstanding ability to create big plays (20+ and 40+).

My stalker chimes in again with nothing to say on point as usual.

Maybe when you're finally right on the subject of NFL QB's, we can be on point in a debate?

No former player or coach is correct in his evaluation of QBs UNLESS they agree with one of your theories which you pull out of your posterior.

No former player or coach is correct in his evaluation of QBs UNLESS they agree with one of your theories which you pull out of your posterior.
In order to measure something, it must first be isolated from everything else. It's on this seventh-grade math concept that I separate from you and so many others in grading QBs. It's sad that you can't comprehend such a basic idea, but it's hardly a theory that I've "pulled out of my posterior."

In order to measure something, it must first be isolated from everything else. It's on this seventh-grade math concept that I separate from you and so many others in grading QBs. It's sad that you can't comprehend such a basic idea, but it's hardly a theory that I've "pulled out of my posterior."

Any theory that grades Ken Anderson or Jay Cutler as better than Manning or Montana is definitely pulled from someone's posterior.

And with that, I'm done here.

Any theory that grades Ken Anderson or Jay Cutler as better than Manning or Montana is definitely pulled from someone's posterior.
Why? Because most people would disagree with me?
Wikipedia: In logic, an argumentum ad populum (Latin: "appeal to the people") is a fallacious argument that concludes a proposition to be true because many or all people believe it; it alleges: "If many believe so, it is so."

Opinions are subjective judgements, but at least I can support mine with intelligent reasons. You can't.

And with that, I'm done here.
You were done before you started. You have no argument. You just don't realize it.

And he's YOUNGER than Peyton.

EDIT: And even if we got HIM some idiot would be like "OMG we should have Colt Brennan!!!11111oneeleven" :doh:

OMG. WE SHOULD HAVE COLT BRENNAN!!!!!!!ONEELEVEN I HEAR HE'S STILL AVAILABLE!!!!!ONEONEONE :silly:

I didn't like the McNabb move, the Larry Johnson and Willie Parker moves. See my sig.

It has been refreshing having a real QB for the first time since 2007. Probably still the best in the NFC East. But I really hope Shanny starts building with youth, now. To widen that window of time that the coaches and team have to gel and put it all together for a Super Bowl championship.

Second the "He still looks weird in burgundy and yellow". Might be easier after this Sunday, and I would like nothing more than to see Philthy fans' reaction if he helps win us another a Ring. :)

OMG. WE SHOULD HAVE COLT BRENNAN!!!!!!!ONEELEVEN I HEAR HE'S STILL AVAILABLE!!!!!ONEONEONE :silly:

I didn't like the McNabb move, the Larry Johnson and Willie Parker moves. See my sig.

It has been refreshing having a real QB for the first time since 2007. Probably still the best in the NFC East. But I really hope Shanny starts building with youth, now. To widen that window of time that the coaches and team have to gel and put it all together for a Super Bowl championship.

The redskins didn't have a real QB since 1988

You must be new around here! I would take Rypien over Mcrapp 10 out of ten times, not only did he have more than one good season but he actually won us a superbowl.

If Mcrapp wins us enough games to get us in the playoffs I may change my mind but I dont see it happening.

BTW comparing the age of a scrambling big play QB vs a pocket passer is like comparing apples to oranges.

We had a better QB in 1991-1992 (Rypien) than in 1987-1988 (Williams/Schroeder). Though I'd love to have either in their prime, now. Ryp or Doug, that is.

Since then, we had a decent QB with Brad Johnson, and Collins did light it up running Saunders' offense.

I'm just afraid McNabb will be gone after this season, or injuries will catch up to him and we'll wish he was. Vets don't come cheap or long-term nowadays.

You must be new around here! I would take Rypien over Mcrapp 10 out of ten times, not only did he have more than one good season but he actually won us a superbowl.

If Mcrapp wins us enough games to get us in the playoffs I may change my mind but I dont see it happening.

BTW comparing the age of a scrambling big play QB vs a pocket passer is like comparing apples to oranges.

I was referring to Rypien-lol Who else did you think I was talking about? Doug Williams?

We tried the Pro-Bowl-over-the-hill thing with Mark Brunell. We hope Donovan has more left in the tank than Mark because we paid a steeper price for him. However, they are alike in that both depended on young legs for their best days, days we never saw with Mark.

I joked with a friend of mine how strange it'll be to cheer for McNabb telling him, watch, the first series that McNabb is out there for us, I'm going to have to catch myself from yelling at Orokpo to get off the side lines and hit him. However, #5 is a Redskin now, so I'm all for him grabbing a title with us.

Let's not forget something, when McNabb goes into the team's head office now, he finally gets to see a trophy case that has some hardware in it.

McNabb is McNabb.......I just don´t like the person. I will cheer for him because he is wearing a helmet with a Native American on it but I am not excited to see him on the field.
McNabb always seemed like a good guy; too bad the fans in the city he played for were asses.

I've always hated McNabb. I was pissed when we traded for him. That said, he's an obvious upgrade and I'm not upset that he's our starting QB. That doesn't change the fact that I hated him from day one. He often made snide comments after the Skins would beat the Eagles, like "The best team didn't win today" or whatever. Just hated the dude. If he goes out and plays well for us, maybe I'll change my mind. Until then, I'm not going to be buying a number 5 jersey any time soon.

You have Campbell and Mcnabb on the same level even though Mcnabb led his team to the playoffs the past two seasons?

Wow! McNabbb did that much more with the Eagles than Campbell did with the Skins? And all he needed to accomplish that was a better defense, O-Line, running game, receivers and special teams? He must be some kind of superman!

Archived