Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Noticed that some fans are not excited to have Mcnabb as a starting QB

McnabbSupporter

No Warner is a HOF player because opf the stats he put up and the fact that didnt choke all the time in the playoffs, warner was worlds better than Mcrapp.
As much as I'm a fan of Kurt Warner (love his story, his playing mentality, etc), Warner's greatest success came when he was placed in a particular system that suited his skills and when he was given great receivers. Not to mention the fact that had he not had a career renaissance in his last two years in Arizona, he likely wouldn't be considered a HOF player.

McNabb, on the other hand, has consistently kept his team in contention and has been a thorn in the side of all the NFC East teams for just about a decade. While he does make some short misses, he makes up for them with beautiful bombs that score touchdowns. And, up until his last two years in Philly and 2004, McNabb had to make chicken salad out of chicken **** at receiver. He never had the benefit of consistently throwing to an Issac Bruce, a Torry Holt, an Anquan Boldin, or a Larry Fitzgerald. Hell, I remember being terrified when Fitzgerald was about to be a free agent and there was talk of him going to Philly.

You either don't remember, or are choosing to forget, how good Brunell was.

The Brunell/McNabb analogy is pretty damned spot-on.

when we signed brunell, he was coming off of a horrid injury riddled season. he hadnt been part of a winning season since 1999 when we signed him. his record as a starting QB from 2000-2003 (4 season span) was 19-30. the 3 seasons before his injury he had lead his team to records of 7-9, 6-10, and 6-10, then went 0-3 before not playing until he came to washington. he threw for exactly 20 TDs in one of those seasons and less in every other one.

mcnabbs last 3 seasons have included a pro bowl election, 2 playoff berths, one NFC championship game, 2 20+ TD seasons, and a record of 27-14-1. and his pro bowl season was last year.

mcnabb and brunell arent even remotely close. some of you guys are insane if you really think mcnabb and brunell are on the same level.

No you can't.

All your QB grades boil down to one thing: your opinion.

Mechanics and the whole "I watched player A play and my grade is X based on what I witnessed while he threw the ball."

When someone says "Bill Walsh said Montana was the best to play the position" you dismiss it as bias even though he's the creator of the offense and he knows it better than you.

Same goes when someone like Johnny Unitas says that Montana was one of the best to play the game, he's dismissed as someone who doesn't understand the game today.

Peyton Manning's no good because all he throws are ducks, according to you. Nevermind the fact that those "ducks" get to their intended target and that the completion percentage and passing td numbers prove you wrong, in your opinion, Mannings overrated.

Just how in the hell did Billy Kilmer ever complete a pass? He couldn't throw a spiral to save his life.

Meanwhile, Dan Marino threw a pretty ball and has diddly in jewelry to show for it,despite putting up HOF numbers.

You're right. I don't have an argument because I'm on the right side with former coaches and players.

You're the one that's paddling up the river.

If QB evaluation was as simple as making a spreadsheet or an Excel formula, no team would draft a bust.

They should call you in to grade tape for them. :)

Carry on.........

And boom goes the dynamite.

All your QB grades boil down to one thing: your opinion.
Of course they are my opinions, but mine start out by attempting to grade the QB, not the QB plus his supporting cast together. That's why mine are at least done on an intelligent basis.
When someone says "Bill Walsh said Montana was the best to play the position" you dismiss it as bias even though he's the creator of the offense and he knows it better than you.
What does his expertise prove about his bias or lack thereof? You are confusing two unrelated ideas.

Besides, isn't the hype obvious when he says his QB is the best ever to play the position when he isn't an expert on grading all the other QBs, their schemes and their teams? Who could believe he was offering an impartial opinion with a statement like that?

Same goes when someone like Johnny Unitas says that Montana was one of the best to play the game, he's dismissed as someone who doesn't understand the game today.
If you can produce a quote with Unitas saying that Montana was one of the best, I'll admit I could be wrong. I'll bet you can't. I'll bet you made that up.
Peyton Manning's no good because all he throws are ducks, according to you. Nevermind the fact that those "ducks" get to their intended target and that the completion percentage and passing td numbers prove you wrong, in your opinion, Mannings overrated.
You hit the Trifecta with that paragraph. First you misquote me, then you prove that you don't understand Probability and are weak on the physics involved with the flight of a football.

But, this was debated thoroughly in the other thread. This is just you insisting you are right.

Meanwhile, Dan Marino threw a pretty ball and has diddly in jewelry to show for it,despite putting up HOF numbers.
So, in your mind, the QB wins championships all alone?
You're right. I don't have an argument because I'm on the right side with former coaches and players.
Quote them. Let's hear something more than your bald assertions for a change.
If QB evaluation was as simple as making a spreadsheet or an Excel formula, no team would draft a bust.
I have said many times that the QB is the toughest position to grade because his performance is so dependent on the supporting cast, but go ahead, rage on with your strawman like you never heard this from me.

when we signed brunell, he was coming off of a horrid injury riddled season. he hadnt been part of a winning season since 1999 when we signed him. his record as a starting QB from 2000-2003 (4 season span) was 19-30. the 3 seasons before his injury he had lead his team to records of 7-9, 6-10, and 6-10, then went 0-3 before not playing until he came to washington. he threw for exactly 20 TDs in one of those seasons and less in every other one.

mcnabbs last 3 seasons have included a pro bowl election, 2 playoff berths, one NFC championship game, 2 20+ TD seasons, and a record of 27-14-1. and his pro bowl season was last year.

mcnabb and brunell arent even remotely close. some of you guys are insane if you really think mcnabb and brunell are on the same level.

You are now arguing against a point no one has made. This was your original mistaken position which you can't support:

BLC: if you seriously think that bringing brunell is anywhere near the same thing as bringing in mcnabb youre theres something seriously wrong with your brain. brunell was a solid journeyman QB with decent numbers over years, he wasnt even in the same league as mcnabb has been.

Even if the Redskins had Peyton Manning behind center, people would still have something negative to say. Mostly, the fans that said McNabb is Mr. Choke are those Philly fans who truly didn't deserve him. I'm very excited to have McNabbto lead not just the offense, but the entire team. He's a vocal leader, something that Jason Campbell wasn't, and something that the players on this team needs. I'm glad we have Mc5 .

Yeah, I know from your history that you like act like the QB is the only player who has anything to do with Wins and Losses.

1. Brunell was in the top 10 in the league in passer rating for 3 straight years, and was off to a better statistical start in 03 before his team (in need of rebuilding) benched him to play their 1st round QB, Byron Leftwich. McNabb hasn't been in the top 10 for the last two years.

2. McNabb has missed more time with injury than the pre-Washington Brunell did.

3. Brunell was 2 months younger than McNabb when he started his first game for the Redskins.

And McNabb got the #3 spot on the Pro Bowl roster after Favre and Brees bailed out. Whoopee.

I'll cheer when he gives me a reason to.

He didn't ask you to cheer. He asked you to muster a little respect and call him by his actual name. He hasn't shown that he'll be a detriment to our team yet, so there's no excuse for your immature insults. Even then, it's still immature... but at least it'll be understandable for the immature to act immaturely if you catch my drift, lol.

I saw the commercial today where he gets sacked by Strahan and I cringed. That's when I knew for sure that I think of him as only a Redskin now. I've also noticed that I like his commercials now. I used to flip off the TV whenever I saw him but now seeing him just reminds me how excited I am to have a real QB.

Yeah, I know from your history that you like act like the QB is the only player who has anything to do with Wins and Losses.

1. Brunell was in the top 10 in the league in passer rating for 3 straight years, and was off to a better statistical start in 03 before his team (in need of rebuilding) benched him to play their 1st round QB, Byron Leftwich. McNabb hasn't been in the top 10 for the last two years.

2. McNabb has missed more time with injury than the pre-Washington Brunell did.

3. Brunell was 2 months younger than McNabb when he started his first game for the Redskins.

And McNabb got the #3 spot on the Pro Bowl roster after Favre and Brees bailed out. Whoopee.

QB is the most important position in football. its why theyre paid the most. its why theyre drafted the highest. its why when a real good one comes along they never change teams.

we finally got a franchise QB that has consistently won over the last decade with suspect playcalling and no running game, and some people are upset about it. LOL

the only real complaint about mcnabb is that he might miss some games. id rather have 14 games of mcnabb than 16 of most other QBs.

QB is the most important position in football. its why theyre paid the most. its why theyre drafted the highest. its why when a real good one comes along they never change teams.
BLC enjoys debating against points his opponents never argued.
we finally got a franchise QB that has consistently won over the last decade with suspect playcalling and no running game, and some people are upset about it. LOL
Some of us don't share your opinion of McNabb's current worth. It's the loss of two high picks for a QB who isn't likely to help us win a championship that we don't like.
the only real complaint about mcnabb is that he might miss some games. id rather have 14 games of mcnabb than 16 of most other QBs.
So we gathered.

So can everyone give the man a chance and see how things play out before we say he is washed up?

Hell yeah!

Warning! **Mute** unless you want to hear some bad profane rap

6R7EB0ki4Hw

HTTR! Go get em D-Mac

Side note-

I know BLC hates inaccurate passes, I wonder how BLC will respond when we lose a game in which McNabb's inconsistency was a factor in the loss?

Side note-

I know BLC hates inaccurate passes, I wonder how BLC will respond when we lose a game in which McNabb's inconsistency was a factor in the loss?

first of all, who likes an inaccurate pass? secondly, youre blatantly just referencing campbell here, so we'll play that game. campbell was slow, inaccurate past 5 yards, threw a horrid deep ball, was incapable of consistently making big plays, had poor pocket presence, had poor decision making, and refused to take risks.

mcnabb throws some inaccurate passes at times, thats about the only knock on his game. hes got great pocket presence, makes bigs plays consistently, is much more accurate on the deep ball, knows how to make broken plays into big gains, and usually keeps his INT numbers very low (i think hes got one of the best TD/INT ratios in history at 216/100). couple that he knows the divisional defenses inside and out, im very excited for what he can do.

a 2nd and 3rd to remain competitive for the next 2-3 seasons is hardly a big loss.

Hell yeah!

Warning! **Mute** unless you want to hear some bad profane rap

6R7EB0ki4Hw

HTTR! Go get em D-Mac

Side note-

I bet he might say "At least he tried".

i'm not excited because i want a young, franchise QB, that will play well and be here for a long time. not someone who's at the tailend of his career, is seriously injury prone, and is very hit or miss in both big games and typical games.

do I think mcnabb is better than campbell?

of course...

doesn't mean i have to be excited about him.

Archived