Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about how well I'll see the field for the BSU/VT game...

jdman321

I'm going to the almighty FedEx field for the BSU/VT game...which happens to be my very first football game. I can't WAIT.

Anyway, I have section 451, row 3. I figured it will be a decent view since it's not BEHIND the endzone so I can have some depth perception on running plays and it's close enough to the front of the upper level at only 3 rows back.

Looking at this view from my row basically I have a feeling it will be a perfect view. I couldn't imagine being level to the field to watch anyway.

http://www.redskins.com/images/tickets/seats/lg-sec451.jpg

I live in southeastern VA and mapquest puts the stadium at 2 hours and 55 minutes away. I was planning on leaving at 11am that day to allow 2 extra hours, since I want to BE IN THE PARKING LOT as they open it at 4pm.

Oh yeah, almost forgot...GO HOKIES!

Considering that a little over 2/3 of the tickets have been sold to date, I think you might be able to move seats at will.

;)

skdfhsadkghs;kgar;garn;kgsg!

Don't talk about that! I want the damn game sold out! I paid $300 for two dream seats...it better be sold out!

Being serious, I was reading about the lack of ticket sales last week. It doesn't look promising. :(

skdfhsadkghs;kgar;garn;kgsg!

Don't talk about that! I want the damn game sold out! I paid $300 for two dream seats...it better be sold out!

It's hard to sell 91k tix to a game in which one of the teams campus is 2000 miles away. Especially if that team doesn't have an established nationwide alumni.

I think 67k tickets sold is impressive. But then again, that's roughly the seating compacity of Lane Stadium.

:ols:

It's hard to sell 91k tix to a game in which one of the teams campus is 2000 miles away. Especially if that team doesn't have an established nationwide alumni.

I think 67k tickets sold is impressive. But then again, that's roughly the seating compacity of Lane Stadium.

Kyle Tucker, VT beat writer, spoke to a Redskins VP last week about this

Over 72k had been sold as of then.

No surprise though considering a) BSU being so far away and B) labor day night with school starting in VA the next day

Kyle Tucker, VT beat writer, spoke to a Redskins VP last week about this

Over 72k had been sold as of then.

No surprise though considering a) BSU being so far away and B) labor day night with school starting in VA the next day

It will be like the ACC Championship Game. Lots of fans dressed up as empty seats.

:evilg:

I'm guessing it will be nearly, if not completely sold out by game time. I know a lot of people who waited a long time before buying tickets, and when I bought them a couple days ago there were very few seats available on the Hokies side in the upper level.

They're expecting about 75-80K Hokie fans alone, so there should def. be more Hokie fans at the game than Lane Stadium can even hold.

Neutral field? Pshhh.:pfft:

They're expecting about 75-80K Hokie fans alone, so there should def. be more Hokie fans at the game than Lane Stadium can even hold.

Neutral field? Pshhh.:pfft:

Boise had what? 7k seats allotted to them to sell, compared to VT's 40k? If you and search online you'll see plenty of delusional Boise fans thinking that they will be well represented at FedEx. Idiots. Sure they can buy from Ticketmaster or whatever, but they wont be a factor.

Yeah, it's a home game for VT, only difference is....more fans and a few hours apart.

BTW does anyone know the policy at FedEx for moving to closer seats? Is it try and do so at your own risk, or wait after a certain point in the game, etc..thanks!

Archived