Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haynesworth Quotes Show Why He Should Go

bulldog

From the now infamous presser:

Haynesworth 'I know what kind of football player I am' and 'I just want people to tell the truth'................ :D

1. We don't know what kind of football player you are because you refused to come to camp in shape in 2009 or in cardiovascular shape in 2010. You missed 4 games in 2009 due to types of injuries that could easily point back to a lack of fitness. After coming in and picking #92 because you said you wanted to play in the image of Reggie White, you failed to consistently dominate the point of attack or be a leader on the defense.

2. You of all people have failed to tell the truth. You took the $21M check in March after not being able to find a trade, with the understanding you would play the defense and then skipped the minicamp and demanded a trade 3 months later because you said the defense wasn't a good fit for your skills.

Now after pulling all these hysterics for the better part of 5 months, you are upset that after 2 weeks of playing with the second team in a preseason game that YOU are being ill-used by the organization and being shown a lack of respect?

The end result? AH has no credibility with anyone in DC. He's never going to morph into the 'team' first player that Allen and Shanahan hoped he would with a little 'tough' love.

This is the reason the man whom Haynesworth keeps saying knew how to use him in Tennessee, Jim Schwartz, failed to offer up anything of real value for Haynesworth before, during or after the draft for him - even when the majority of the guaranteed portion of AH's deal had been paid.

The Redskins need to get out from under the weight, literally, of the AH debate.

Allen and Shanahan may have thought they could save the whale, but this particular whale isn't interested in being saved.

He is fine being who he is and unfortunately is an opportunist and when necessary a liar.

Let him go. Whether it's a trade for a pick or a depth player at another position, the going is the important thing at this point.

If it ends up being a release, then Dan Snyder can look back and chalk one final big mistake up to his own brand of free agency in the past, where the character and work ethic of the player in question mattered a lot less than his anticipated marketing appeal and name recognition.

The only quote I remember was the one through his agent earlier in the summer which indicated that "Albert does not want to be a Redskin anymore."

If memory serves, Haynesworth did not refute this statement. That alone was enough for me to say good riddance to him.

I don't think I have ever seen Vincent Jackson or Darelle Revis play out of shape or make an excuse for their on-field performances, have you? :)

Haynesworth's problems link directly to what he does ON the field and therefore affect the other 52 players on the roster.

It is unfair for him, once paid, to keep them and the staff hostage with his antics.

Jackson and Revis are talking dollars with their clubs.

Again, there has never been an instance I know of where either player has been acccused of not being a professional ON THE FIELD or not being prepared to play.

Im not in favor of just letting him go. Not because of the money we gave him, but because some other team is going to jump on picking up one of the best and most talented headcases in the NFL. I say bench him all year. we lose nothing that way. Let him wrot onthe bench until he decides to do something about it, or until his agent does some work and finds a trade partner. Letting him go is what he wants. Dont give into him, or else he will have gotten everything he has wanted. No practicing at training camp, no ota's, and he has never wanted to play in a 3-4. Dont give him that. Dispite what people say or think, the Redskins haveall the leverage here. We have proved we dont need him, but that doesnt mean just let him get what he wants. Spiteful or not, this is the mentality I hope the coaching staff and FO have.

Did you ever hear of the phrase 'cutting off your nose to spite your face' ? :)

Personally, I think it's a helluva lot more important to move forward with a united team and try to win games in 2010 than continue to carry an albatross because we want to punish him and make his life miserable.

I remember Al Davis did that to Marcus Allen with the Raiders and that ruined the football team (although Davis seemed to be at fault there).

If it ends up being a release, then Dan Snyder can look back and chalk one final big mistake up to his own brand of free agency in the past, where the character and work ethic of the player in question mattered a lot less than his anticipated marketing appeal and name recognition.

It's the same type of thinking that brought us Brandon Lloyd. Everyone on his former team knew that he was a headcase, and yet we signed him anyway, based on his physical ability.

Signing Haynesworth was a big, expensive mistake, regardless of whether or not we end up keeping him, and regardless of how productive he ends up being - the risk outweighs the rewards, which is why we'll have trouble getting fair compensation if we're even able to trade him.

On WTEM Radio this week, Richie Petitbon emphatically said that he wouldn't have a Haynesworth on a team he coached. He said guys like that pollute the entire locker room, and you only lose with them. Well, Richie Petitbon may not have been a great head coach, but the man knows football.

I don't think I have ever seen Vincent Jackson or Darelle Revis play out of shape or make an excuse for their on-field performances, have you? :)

Haynesworth's problems link directly to what he does ON the field and therefore affect the other 52 players on the roster.

It is unfair for him, once paid, to keep them and the staff hostage with his antics.

Jackson and Revis are talking dollars with their clubs.

Again, there has never been an instance I know of where either player has been acccused of not being a professional ON THE FIELD or not being prepared to play.

so how many sacks ya think Rackpo and Carter are gonna tally this season?

Did you ever hear of the phrase 'cutting off your nose to spite your face' ? :)

Personally, I think it's a helluva lot more important to move forward with a united team and try to win games in 2010 than continue to carry an albatross because we want to punish him and make his life miserable.

I remember Al Davis did that to Marcus Allen with the Raiders and that ruined the football team (although Davis seemed to be at fault there).

I know, and I agree that it would end someof the media circus surrounding Haynesworth. However all that attention really hasnt hurt the team so much. We are still doing our thing, getting better,and we even have a competent starting line up without him. I just want something in return for him. Thats why people dont just throw their old and used items out, they have yard sales. I just want a return on a player that will play hard for another team. He doesnt want to be here.. fine, have his agent do some work and get a team to take him off our hands. Just dont let him go for nothing... we can store him in a box in the garage until the Redskins havea yard sale.

Somewhere, at sometime, a D-lineman in the 4-3 will get hurt. We have a quality,and high talent headcase we can trade them on the cheap.As longas he isnt turning out the lockerroom, and fighting his own teammates, I say let thisthing go a little longer. Brandon Lloyd being a bust and Shawn Springs in the offseason were bigger distractions to me. We seem to be getting better dispite his temper tantrums. We have a coach that is stronger then him mentally. From what I have seen, we can contain the damage until someone ponies up something for him.

Im not in favor of just letting him go. Not because of the money we gave him, but because some other team is going to jump on picking up one of the best and most talented headcases in the NFL. I say bench him all year. we lose nothing that way. Let him wrot onthe bench until he decides to do something about it, or until his agent does some work and finds a trade partner. Letting him go is what he wants. Dont give into him, or else he will have gotten everything he has wanted. No practicing at training camp, no ota's, and he has never wanted to play in a 3-4. Dont give him that. Dispite what people say or think, the Redskins haveall the leverage here. We have proved we dont need him, but that doesnt mean just let him get what he wants. Spiteful or not, this is the mentality I hope the coaching staff and FO have.

agree with most..except the part where you delusionally (by implication) think Kemo is worth a *rap in the pass rush department....or any of the other DL for that matter.

agree with most..except the part where you delusionally (by implication) think Kemo is worth a *rap in the pass rush department....or any of the other DL for that matter.

competent doesnt mean great! :ols: :pfft:

Seriously though, did you see Orakpo being held more then a newborn chilkd last night? Kemu just has to sop up the double team until the LBs get there. This is a LB friendly scheme and Rak will get his. Our D-line will be ok. They are all in a new scheme and they will get better. Delusuional is a strong word to use. Optimistic, is more like it.

so how many sacks ya think Rackpo and Carter are gonna tally this season?
Based on what other posters have said, they got their sacks with Fat boy off the field. So if we were running the same D, we should expect at least that many this year.

This year, expect them to get their share. Rak should continue to be good. And expect Haslett to try using Carter to his strengths, which isn't coverage.

I think all the redskins fans should back the skins and not the fat whale. I just got home from the redskins rides car show and saw about 250 to 300 fans following worthless around like little puppy dogs. I even heard a few of them telling him that they are still backing him. I made sure to yell out to him what I thought of him. I see all these writings of fans sick of him but I don't see it when he is around. We need to make him uncomfortable and let him know we want him to play and shut up

Bingo! I couldn't agree anymore and I believe this is the way Shanahan will handle it.

That team will be all giddy to get him, He may play well for them at first but then the real AH will come out. He said he was a 9 year pro but acted like a 2 year old spoiled child. His football playing days are almost over.

That team will be all giddy to get him, He may play well for them at first but then the real AH will come out. He said he was a 9 year pro but acted like a 2 year old spoiled child. His football playing days are almost over.

He will play happy and quietly once he is in a 3-4 for no other reason then to prove us wrong and salvage his image. You are right that he is acting like a 2 yr old child, and I am right there with you hoping his playing days are almost over. He doesnt take to coaching, as evidenced byt the Titans not looking to get him back on the cheap, combined with the fact that he has butted heads with two Redskins coaches now. Zorn (if you can call him a coach, and now Shanny). He needs to retire. he got his money.

Archived