Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some tweets from todays practice 08/15

texasthunder

Armstrong is not as much of a longshot any more. He played terrific on ST and he made a couple of nice catches. With MK on the shelf and Galloway not impressing, Armstrong just might have a chance to make this team

I disagree. Brandon Banks I would say looks better than Armstrong, simply due to his return abilities. Armstrong may be a better receiver, but hopefully we won't see the #5 guy often.

Although if Thomas/Kelly stay in the doghouse you may see us go into the season with Moss, Galloway, Williams, Armstrong and Banks. That's scary. I don't think both Thomas/Kelly get cut, though. And I don't know if Austin would fit in. This roster is a total guessing game this year due to Shanahan's inability to care who you are and its about production...

I love that part.

But we need receivers :ols:

redskinsblog

ST coach Danny Smith on Brandon Banks: "I didn't really teach him much goin' into that game other than the dance at the end of that thing." about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

Awesome, Danny Smith. That's hilarious.

I disagree. Brandon Banks I would say looks better than Armstrong, simply due to his return abilities. Armstrong may be a better receiver, but hopefully we won't see the #5 guy often.

Personally, I think the way Banks makes the team is if they decide to keep 6 receivers, which I think is a likelihood with this group. The 6th guy is going to be a special teams guy mostly, and it will likely be between Austin and Banks, with the other guy likely heading to the PS. Right now, neither has shown enough as a receiver to earn a roster spot on that basis, and I'm not sure you'd want to depend on either as a backup if someone gets hurt.

Although if Thomas/Kelly stay in the doghouse you may see us go into the season with Moss, Galloway, Williams, Armstrong and Banks. That's scary. I don't think both Thomas/Kelly get cut, though. And I don't know if Austin would fit in. This roster is a total guessing game this year due to Shanahan's inability to care who you are and its about production...

I love that part.

But we need receivers :ols:

I wouldn't say that either Thomas or Kelly are in the doghouse. Thomas has a lot to work on and, well, Kelly is just hurt. Personally, I think Thomas does enough on special teams to warrant a roster spot and I think it would take a lot for Thomas not to be on the roster.

To my eyes, Galloway is too much of a one-trick pony to make this roster. The guy does know how to get open deep with his speed, but I don't think he gives you much else. Williams and Armstrong have made good arguments for themselves so far.

Where the heck was Terence Austin today?

I thought he was blowing it up in camp but didn't hear his number called in the game and no news this practice.

Hmmmmmmm.

Austin made a few plays on offense and showed the poise of an NFL WR by catching the ball at its highest point instead of letting it come to his body. He'll hopefully continue to improve and make the team but we'll see

Archived