Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Guardiola is such a crock. "I'm at City to prove myself."

What he really means is: "I'm at City because they have the most talent and the biggest bankroll. I am buying people I want and then probably going to leave in 4 or 5 years after I bought my next league championship with an already established team. Yea...prove myself"

Proving oneself isn't limited to selecting teams and tactics. Player recruitment and ego management is equally important. Dan Snyder and many others have demonstrated that blank checks don't prove ****.

Liverpool FCVerified account @LFC 1h1 hour ago

Confirmed #LFC starting XI to face @tranmererovers: Karius, Flanagan, Lovren, Matip, Smith, Brannagan, Lucas, Kent, Ejaria, Mane, Firmino.

Gotta a decent stream on youtube.  For now anyways...

Viktor Fagerström @ViktorFagerLFC 47s48 seconds ago

Firmino rocking a... different lookpic.twitter.com/89I2TlhiaS

Cm3KqRWWIAAkbvY.jpg
0 retweets 0 likes

Straight ****ing criminal that Sakho got cheated out of two finals in just a couple of month span.

Absolutely blows my mind.

And then we get ****ed by UEFA charges when the scum are singing for two straight matches.

****. Right. Off.

• Like 1

Liverpool hierarchy buying into Klopp and his staff and you can't blame them really.

He's a good manager and a great fit for them. Irrespective of results, he is clearly the perfect man to try and take them forward. Great move.

Time to introduce CR7 to GR7 :P

Congrats on the final FrFan. Hoping you finish the job off Sunday.

• Like 2

Liverpool FC @LFC 11m11 minutes ago

#LFC's second-half XI... Karius, Randall, Wisdom, Ilori, Moreno, Alexander-Arnold, Stewart, Chirivella, Markovic, Woodburn, Ings.

:mellow:

Liverpool FC @LFC 44s44 seconds ago

Bogdan will also replace Karius in goal - so 11 changes for #LFC

Liverpool hierarchy buying into Klopp and his staff and you can't blame them really.

He's a good manager and a great fit for them. Irrespective of results, he is clearly the perfect man to try and take them forward. Great move.

Yeah, he's really made for FSG.  They know baseball and wanted to get into football, but didn't know what they were doing.

Really saved us from financial ruin, but Klopp's a guy who doesn't really buy expensive players by the ton and doesn't need to in order to achieve success. 

I'm very pleased.

What an absolute shower of ****s UEFA are. 

Lad could of been looking at a final in his own Country Sunday. Something he might never get again. On top of the Europa final he missed. Criminal. ****s. 

Few observations from tonight. The Prenton's still a ****hole of a pub. Ballo can't even make the squad for Tranmere ..... Yeah, you're WELL and truly done lad. Getting ringing those I-tie clubs ASAP fella!. Matip is one ****ing huge human being. Mane is the difference maker we've needed. That lad in the 53, Ejaria, looked right at home with the first XI. Good first half from all bar the left hand side of Smith and Kent. They just won't cut it this level the more you see of them. 'Specially Smith who started out good but has got steadily worse .Second half with the kids was nondescript. Markovic is still ****e. The open goal he hit the post from was pure comedy. Nice to see Ings back playing. Missed his goal as I was talking the tart the side of me. That's how interesting that second half was.The mad pyro celebration that followed it was fun like. It was a warm night at least. Good physical workout which is the main thing. Wonder if this is how he'll roll the friendlies? One XI per half?

Good to be back. Onto Fleetwood Wednesday with Grujic, Phil and SAKHO! added.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Perfect Klopp player. Works his bollocks off. Versatile enough to play anywhere across the front 3 or up top. And he scores goals. 

He's going nowhere. Even less os being down Benteke and Ballotelli. 

Hail. 

Why I think one more is on the way.  I know he's high on a couple of academy forwards, but we're going to grab another.

The Brasilian from earlier is an attacking mid (at least in FIFA).

How good is the kid with the hyphonated name?  Anderson something?  Both 10s from the academy showed well today, I thought.

How good is the kid with the hyphonated name?  Anderson something?  Both 10s from the academy showed well today, I thought.

That the kid who went on the run for Ings goal? Local lad, Trent Alexander-Arnold. The coaches at Kirkby are high on him. 

Thought the 53 was fantastic first half. And what a giant of a kid. He might even be tall enough to look Matip in the eye haha. Branigan was neat and tidy again. But on the second half and the likes of Stewart ..... if we're down to using the likes of him again next year, then either we've a massive injury crisis or something has gone BADLY wrong. 

Reckon this might well be the Klopp MO? A completely different XI both half's and you give everything you have in one 45 minute spell? Much better than bringing on **** loads of subs at different points. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

That the kid who went on the run for Ings goal? Local lad, Trent Alexander-Arnold. The coaches at Kirkby are high on him. 

Thought the 53 was fantastic first half. And what a giant of a kid. He might even be tall enough to look Matip in the eye haha. Branigan was neat and tidy again. But on the second half and the likes of Stewart ..... if we're down to using the likes of him again next year, then either we've a massive injury crisis or something has gone BADLY wrong. 

Reckon this might well be the Klopp MO? A completely different XI both half's and you give everything you have in one 45 minute spell? Much better than bringing on **** loads of subs at different points. 

Hail. 

Yeah don't know what was better there was it Alexander-Arnold playing in Ings or the run and control of the ball by Ings.  What a goal all around.

Thought Brannigan played a couple in today, Firmino should've scored and so should Mane, but that will come.

I noticed that too the end of the first half, Mane was running his ASS off.

Jo may have been onto something about Stewart, he's a lot like me, gets the game in bunches but he's about a 2 out of 10 on the technical side :lol:

Poor kid.

I don't think that's something we'll have to worry about, the injuries.  I love that the U-21s and the U-18s are in there to give a push.

Hope to see my American in there on Wednesday.  Saw he made the bench.  Hopefully he'll get a look.  That would be huge for us.

Oh and Klinsmann is talking to the FA if you missed it.

• Like 1

Oh, one for you lil' bro. Paul and Tom from the Red Men TV were sat 4 rows in front of me. I've literally never seen them at a game before save for under the stand at Anfield. 

Funny that considering the amount of games we all go to. 

Oh and Klinsmann is talking to the FA if you missed it.

I haven't and the England fans are going nuts over it. 

It's brilliant to watch the meltdown haha. 

Oh yeah, just because ..... UEFA are a shower of dickless ****s!

Hail. 

• Like 1

I do think it's related to the 30 for 30.  He's mentioned several times that he can't watch it.  He's also stopped his late night drunk tweeting that he used to do.

I think you're spot on, but I didn't want to be the one to bring it up.

I'll have a word with Sammo out of interest who knows him well. Talking of Sammo, got on Kev's new book if you haven't already. Hillsborough Voices. 

We'll sit down and talk about this one day when I'm ready and the effects of PTSD which is very prevalent in your game. Just right now, today isn't that day. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Oh, one for you lil' bro. Paul and Tom from the Red Men TV were sat 4 rows in front of me. I've literally never seen them at a game before save for under the stand at Anfield. 

Funny that considering the amount of games we all go to.

I think they sit in 204 in the Kop.  It's 203 or 204 I'm almost sure. 

Those two look like a blast at the bar :lol:

Oh, here it is just in case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpDzHnLr3RE

• Like 1

I think they sit in 204 in the Kop.  It's 203 or 204 I'm almost sure. 

Those two look like a blast at the bar :lol:

That sounds about right. I normaly meet friends under 206 half time so it be around block 204 I've seen them stood. 

Found a full re-run the game on youtube I think I'll defo watch tomorrow. Not least for the second half I got bored with quickly so turned to chatting and flirting with the blonde next to me. Causing me to miss the Ings goal in the process. Passed a half haha. 

Hail. 

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 11m11 minutes ago

#LFC's second-half XI... Karius, Randall, Wisdom, Ilori, Moreno, Alexander-Arnold, Stewart, Chirivella, Markovic, Woodburn, Ings.

:mellow:

You might even make 6th place with that side.  Maybe not.

You'll be mighty upset in 4 years or so that you have to pay off Klopp for 2 years after he does what he does best, run a team ragged, get decent results (but no finals wins), and finally runs out of ideas for that side.  Look at Dortmund and Mainz and see the pattern.

Not the only one who feels this way:

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/2909245/liverpool-should-invest-more-in-the-club-than-jurgen-klopp

Isn't the first (or last) time Pool fans WAY overestimate their side.

Edited by btfoom

Congrats on the final FrFan. Hoping you finish the job off Sunday.

Thanks a lot for your support, as I said previously, beating Germany just made me happy, winning the euro would be the icing on the cake.

Most of fans here thinks we're going to win it, because we've been Portugal boogeyman. I would be cautious, this team has always found a way to advance, and is quite resilient. I bet they will be very motivated to end this loosing streak, and it would be a terrible mistake to underestimate them.

Joseph Barton @Joey7Barton

Didier 'la chatte' Deschamps leads France to the final. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than it is good. 

La chatte means "the luck", here, and nothing else ! :ph34r::lol:

I agree with Jo Barton, Deschamps is known for being very lucky over here.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

Germany lost because their coach didn't sniff his fingers for good luck.

joachim-low-cri.jpg

We may face a pandemic

1466024955-18bb9edb749ffe11bb610fc44d971

Lôw is a fan of Jean-Baptiste Grenouille from The Perfume "(an unloved 18th-century French orphan who is born with an exceptional sense of smell, being able to distinguish a vast range of scents in the world around him)".

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

Bastian Schweinsteiger letter to the fans, another very classy German such as Özil, hat off to them. May they be more like them.

"Dear fans,

It’s a real shame. Our dream has not been fulfilled. We didn’t make it to the final, so Rio will not be followed by another magical night. Unfortunately, we were missing something extremely important against France: a little bit of luck. Defeats are a part of the game though, even if they hurt. We of course acknowledge our opponents’ performance and sincerely and warmly congratulate the French team on progressing to the final. 

I am proud of what we have achieved. We have stayed true to playing our style of football. We have continued to grow as a team in the last seven weeks and this togetherness, which made us strong in Brazil two years ago, has done the same again here in France. We are a team, we are Die Mannschaft.

Our fans are also a part of it. Wherever we were, Lille, St. Denis, Paris, Bordeaux or Marseille – thanks to you we had our twelfth man by our side. Your enthusiasm was clear to hear and see in the stadiums. We also felt the support of all the people in Germany. At this point, we would like the say THANK YOU to all the fans. 

We would also like to thank the hosts, France and the French people. We have felt happy, safe and fully welcome from the first day. We had the best possible conditions in Evian. We were able to concentrate and train intensely, as well as relax in peace and recover where we were staying. France have been amazing hosts for the European Championship. 

I would like to take my hat off to France on behalf of the team.

Merci! Au revoir! And see you soon!"

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1