Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Brilliant piece on Wenger's tenure for anyone interested: 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/21/arsene-wenger-20-years-arsenal-incredible-journey

7 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Convinced he's trying to find an identity.  Unfortunately I think he's off his rocker and getting worse.

I know a postie that delivers round his over Woolton and he's always being a tit apparently around the house thinking he's funny. 

Rich pickings gone to his head. 

In other news I picked up 2 Bengals tickets from a friend Stateside. So the weekend in London is sorted. Croydon Beer festival until 5 round the corner from Norwood Junction the Sat'day. Roll into Sellhurst to see the mighty Reds kick Pardew's gob****e arse 5:30 PM. Back to a mates and out round Edgware Sat'day evening. Then Anfield South and the Redskins Sunday. 

Has the makings of a boss but VERY messy weekend haha. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

Selhurst Park and Wembley in the same weekend?

Woof... I couldn't do it.  That's awesome, bro.  I'm jealous.

Hopefully we have our **** sorted out by then.

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

How stupid was Jose to call him out?  Folks may be tired of Wenger, but EVERYONE respects him. 

No one like Jose...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Brilliant piece on Wenger's tenure for anyone interested: 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/21/arsene-wenger-20-years-arsenal-incredible-journey

I know a postie that delivers round his over Woolton and he's always being a tit apparently around the house thinking he's funny. 

Rich pickings gone to his head. 

In other news I picked up 2 Bengals tickets from a friend Stateside. So the weekend in London is sorted. Croydon Beer festival until 5 round the corner from Norwood Junction the Sat'day. Roll into Sellhurst to see the mighty Reds kick Pardew's gob****e arse 5:30 PM. Back to a mates and out round Edgware Sat'day evening. Then Anfield South and the Redskins Sunday. 

Has the makings of a boss but VERY messy weekend haha. 

Hail. 

Stop braggin you lucky bastid.....

Hope you have a great weekend and get to see a Skins' victory live and in person.  Make sure to bring lots of Advil for Sunday night.....

7 hours ago, btfoom said:

Stop braggin you lucky bastid.....

Hope you have a great weekend and get to see a Skins' victory live and in person.  Make sure to bring lots of Advil for Sunday night.....

Soz abar that. That was the very last thing I was going for. I just like to share. 

I can assure yer I have nottin' to brag about. Well, aside from coming from/ living in the best City the World and being born one of Gods chosen ones, a red like. Along with having a boss lil' bro'. Even if I do want to kick his ass on a daily basis. 

Hail.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Soz abar that. That was the very last thing I was going for. I just like to share. 

I can assure yer I have nottin' to brag about. Well, aside from coming from/ living in the best City the World and being born one of Gods chosen ones, a red like. Along with having a boss lil' bro'. Even if I do want to kick his ass on a daily basis. 

Hail.

My comment was purely tongue in cheek.  

BTW, didn't know you lived in the US.  Tell you boss Lil' bro to post here sometime, we'd all like to meet him.  :rofl89:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btfoom said:

BTW, didn't know you lived in the US .....

Like you wouldn't believe.

Enid, Oklahoma.

But I'm not allowed to talk about my US period as they hate me lamenting my monumental f-up with the Texan. Then I start drinking. Carnage ensues. And the hospital bills are horrendous. 

Damn I miss that gal'. Sighs.

Hail.

• Like 2

Moving on from 'she who shall no longer be named' to save me from getting all emotional and cleaning out the family scotch again .....

Loris Karius wins battle for Liverpool goalkeeping spot and starts against Hull - Liverpool Echo

Happy f-ing days! Onwards and upwards with the title charge! 

We are LIVERPOOL!

Hail. 

*Edit* Text from a mate on the above news ......

TOWN! That's not just 'out.' That's not just 'Town!' That's 'out OUT! And paint the ****ing town red!' TOWN!

:rofl89:Yeah, we just LOVE the useless Belgium prick!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Moving on from 'she who shall no longer be named' to save me from getting all emotional and cleaning out the family scotch again .....

Loris Karius wins battle for Liverpool goalkeeping spot and starts against Hull - Liverpool Echo

Happy f-ing days! Onwards and upwards with the title charge! 

We are LIVERPOOL!

Hail. 

you know I actually agree with pulling Migs off of two good performances.  Keeps him fired up... or at least it should.

Everything I've read and heard says behind the scenes he's as ****y and confident as they get... he just literally locks up if he makes a mistake in match.  And the whole team feels that way.  Another reason I loved Karius taking to twitter after his gaffe this preseason.  Forget it immediately cause we're on to the next one.

But I am absolutely buzzing for this one.  I'll miss the first half cause Jr's playing the same kicktime but we'll be home by 50'.  If he makes it three clean sheets in a row to start the season I'm going to be out some money, cause I promised him a pretty good shopping spree if he makes at least 5 saves and doesn't let one in.  We'll also have the Brasilian kid back this week so goals will be scored and he can afford to have a breakdown if he needs to.

21 minutes ago, DC9 said:

you know I actually agree with pulling Migs off of two good performances.  Keeps him fired up... or at least it should.

I keep reading this. He made a standard save any 'keeper makes against Leicester. And Costa shoots straight at him Chelsea. His distribution was still shocking with games and he flapped the Leicester game the air. 

His shots to goals ratio is as piss poor as ever this season. He\s not even for to be a back-up. 

LONG time coming. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Just watched Pulisic the last 25 minutes or so against Freiburg. Great cameo. 3 great balls across the box. Forced a good save. Constant menace. 

Getting repetitive but the kids gonna' be a World star. SO composed and unfazed in front of 80,000. 

He's just one of those special players that you just make a point of watching because you know he'll entertain you. Love him already regardless of where he ends up. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Just watched Pulisic the last 25 minutes or so against Freiburg. Great cameo. 3 great balls across the box. Forced a good save. Constant menace. 

Getting repetitive but the kids gonna' be a World star. SO composed and unfazed in front of 80,000. 

He's just one of those special players that you just make a point of watching because you know he'll entertain you. Love him already regardless of where he ends up. 

Hail. 

At least those of us rooting for the US know where he's ended up playing his international soccer.  He will be special.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I keep reading this. He made a standard save any 'keeper makes against Leicester. And Costa shoots straight at him Chelsea. His distribution was still shocking with games and he flapped the Leicester game the air. 

His shots to goals ratio is as piss poor as ever this season. He\s not even for to be a back-up. 

LONG time coming. 

Hail. 

I'm not saying he's a worldie or that he deserves to keep his spot, I'm saying that I'm glad he's getting benched while he's on a high.  Will make it easier to start him for the cups the next round or two.

30 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I'm not saying he's a worldie or that he deserves to keep his spot, I'm saying that I'm glad he's getting benched while he's on a high.  Will make it easier to start him for the cups the next round or two.

Wouldn't even play in the cups if it was upto me!

Worst long term 'keeper in red EVER! Not even fit enough to be a back-up. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Wouldn't even play in the cups if it was upto me!

Worst long term 'keeper in red EVER! Not even fit enough to be a back-up. 

Hail. 

He's been bad.

Was re-watching Chelsea before work this morning with Jr and Kloppo absolutely ripped him in half over some distribution that went out of bounds.  Didn't see that during the game.

I think the bigger discussion was Karius going to get right back into the squad off the injury, and the consensus was yes due to him bringing Matip right back in.

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

the blue half are making themselves even further from trophies, now

"Operation block out Anfield". Yes, that's right, Everton are actually blocking out the view of Anfield from within the stadium. Jokers.

Hah, is that the reason why? Or are they adding to the stadium and those Reds fans are just obsessed with us and gotta make anything we do somehow connect to them? Not everything is about Liverpool. :lol::P

• Like 2

Finally gonna get chance to watch some footy today. Should be an eventful day in the premier league.

Expecting big wins for a few teams. Top three should win, potential trap game for Citeh but think they have enough, Liverpool to hammer Hull. The two main televised games over here should be good. Hard to call both, Jose is under the cosh so think Utd squeeze by, same could apply to Chelsea.

Should be an interesting day.

• Like 1

Match day, and absolutely buzzing for Hull City ..... Not often if ever those words have been said in L'pool history haha! 

Reckon we'll hammer these today. Someones in line for a 6 or 7 walloping off this side and Hull at Anfield look primed for just that. Start fast, score early, then really hammer the difference home. Sturridge to get off his PL mark this avvi. Maybe 2 or 3 if he starts. 

And the Belgium divvy NOT in nets! What more could a man want? 

Up the Mighty Goal Machine Reds!

Hail. 

• Like 2

And this will REALLY get you back in Klopp's good graces right Sakho lad? F-ing braindead knob that fella'. Talk about hammering the final nails in your own coffin. 

But this will appeal to his cult status image with many I guess so at least he'll still be well liked when he's in town not wanted by his club.  

Mamadou Sakho speaks out on Snapchat: "The fans deserve to know the true" - This Is Anfield

Hail. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

And this will REALLY get you back in Klopp's good graces right Sakho lad? F-ing braindead knob that fella'. Talk about hammering the final nails in your own coffin. 

But this will appeal to his cult status image with many I guess so at least he'll still be well liked when he's in town not wanted by his club.  

Mamadou Sakho speaks out on Snapchat: "The fans deserve to know the true" - This Is Anfield

Hail. 

Biggest problem as I see it is, with all this subversive behavior, will Pool be able to get anyone to buy this idiot come January, when Gomez is (hopefully) fully fit and contributing? 

Leicester defense playing like middle schoolers. Man U looks far more dangerous sans Rooney...go figure.

• Like 2

Son's kick got moved to past noon so we get to watch the whole match.  READY.

12 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Hah, is that the reason why? Or are they adding to the stadium and those Reds fans are just obsessed with us and gotta make anything we do somehow connect to them? Not everything is about Liverpool. :lol::P

Do ya'll need to add seats, though? :rofl89:

6 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Finally gonna get chance to watch some footy today. Should be an eventful day in the premier league.

Expecting big wins for a few teams. Top three should win, potential trap game for Citeh but think they have enough, Liverpool to hammer Hull. The two main televised games over here should be good. Hard to call both, Jose is under the cosh so think Utd squeeze by, same could apply to Chelsea.

Should be an interesting day.

Should be 3 for Leicester now but De Gea's keeping them at 4-1.

• Like 1