Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

6 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Could not be a better way to start Redskins-Cowboys day than to watch the filth lose away to Watford 3-1.

**** right off. 

Your tears are delicious.

Wonder if ****coat still thinks Materazzi is still just a 'hard working donkey?'

Thoroughly deserved win Watford. 

First time since '86 they've beaten Utd. 1986. Good year that. Let's have it the same please football Gods!

Hail. 

*Mazzarri sorry. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

LOL listening to the 'not so special one' during his presser.  Same broken record - the refs are against us, they lost the game for us, blah, blah, blah.  Stand up like a man and take responsibility.

Bet Henrikh Mkhitaryan regrets the biggest mistake of his football career.

• Like 2

Just to keep you guys updated on my FANTASTIC losing streak.  Chelsea lose, Redskins lose, college team loses, and 2 out of 3 fantasy teams lose.  I am desperately clinging on to that one fantasy win to turn things around.  That puts me overall at like 15/16 straight negative results.  Have an indoor game tomorrow, please keep me and my team in your thoughts.  

10 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Just to keep you guys updated on my FANTASTIC losing streak.  Chelsea lose, Redskins lose, college team loses, and 2 out of 3 fantasy teams lose.  I am desperately clinging on to that one fantasy win to turn things around.  That puts me overall at like 15/16 straight negative results.  Have an indoor game tomorrow, please keep me and my team in your thoughts.  

Not sure if you're after sympathy... come holler back in 30 years if none of your teams have won a league championship.

Regardless, it's going to be much safer in here again... holy **** I made the mistake of clicking on the stadium and the thread titles are epic.

Hot takes everywhere.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Don't worry. 

WTRWWAW! :D.

Hail. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Don't worry. 

WTRWWAW! :D.

Hail. 

WTRWID.H.

When the reds win I drink. Heavily. 

16 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Not sure if you're after sympathy... come holler back in 30 years if none of your teams have won a league championship.

Regardless, it's going to be much safer in here again... holy **** I made the mistake of clicking on the stadium and the thread titles are epic.

Hot takes everywhere.

Well, only a couple years away to make it 30 for the Redskins.  And the way my soccer team is fairing it's going to certainly be 30 years before we win the league.

Chelsea: TBD. 

Tbf, I did win one of my fantasy leagues last year I'm just spoiled :rofl89:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, btfoom said:

LOL listening to the 'not so special one' during his presser.  Same broken record - the refs are against us, they lost the game for us, blah, blah, blah.  Stand up like a man and take responsibility.

Bet Henrikh Mkhitaryan regrets the biggest mistake of his football career.

Very pertinent piece to add to the above: 

Jose Mourinho must recognise the biggest cause of Man United's problems is himself | JOE.co.uk

Hail. 

• Like 1

Read the assessment by @Gibbs Hog Heaven (don't want to quote it as it's lots of text, but pretty spot on).

Like I said in a post early on in the season, Pool will be fine when teams actually play them.  I don't think many teams will play them straight up.  Klopp will earn his money (or not) in those games vs the Sam Allardyce/Jose Mou type of sides who simply park the bus and try to make the 90 minutes seem like 4 hours.  If Pool can grind out results from those matches, they will be right at the top down the home stretch.  Time will tell (I'd put my money of them getting it right more often than not).

• Like 2

Mourinho is quality...I will always say so.  What he did in 2014-15 for Chelsea to win the league was masterclass.  

His problem is his ego.  He won't change tactics when it's clear the other manager has figured him out.  He is stubborn to a fault, and it's why he will only last three years at most at any club.  Near the end of his tenure at Chelsea he was complaining about not having the financial backing he wanted instead of working tactics.  Well, Hiddink came in after he was fired and did fairly well with the squad he left.  Now that Mourinho has all the financial backing he could ever want, and huge signings as well, he has no scapegoat.  If he would just shutup and manage the game instead of making excuses he would win loads of games.  

• Like 1

Thanks, man.

healing is continuing. Started working from home last week. Still non weight bearing for 2, but likely 4 weeks according to the doc. Get stitches out this coming Friday if my swelling is down.

starting to get my head back on straight. This was a bad break. Like Aaron Ramsey bad. So not really even thinking about playing or coaching. I find myself cringing watching epl. But it'll pass with time. 

Overall is good. My job let me work from home, since I can't drive myself. So I actually get more work done-no interruptions. 

I had to give up coaching my daughters team for now. That's been good. I've been always wondering if I could let go of the reins for her soccer development. 

my wife made her a goals for ice cream deal. I made her augment it, do some of the following every game: have fun, score, make passes, play defense and you can get ice cream. She's six.

The club team I coach for was left short handed cause I was coaching two teams for them but they're managing. I'm focused on my recovery right now.

thanks again for checking in.

• Like 4

Andrew Beasley ‏@BassTunedToRed 16h16 hours ago
League games since last two successive league defeats:United 0, Spurs 5, Everton 6, Chelsea 10, Arsenal 15, City 16, Liverpool 38

Hard to beat Reds. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Also our best start in 8 years. Hopefully we go one better than '08/'09's second place. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

United have run less distance than any other team in the league thus far this season. 

By contrast, L'pool, City and Tottenham have put in more work than any other side. 

Different styles of play, and make of that what you will. But that's a BIG disparity between L'pool, City and Utd. 

A Mourinho team dead last in work rate. That's when you know something is WHOLLY not right. 

TOTAL DISTANCE COVERED (KM)
1 LIVERPOOL 581.6
2 MANCHESTER CITY 570.7
3 TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 565.9
4 BURNLEY 563.9
5 WEST BROMWICH ALBION 562.9
6 ARSENAL 556.4
7 MIDDLESBROUGH 554.6
8 BOURNEMOUTH 549.4
9 SOUTHAMPTON 545.1
10 LEICESTER CITY 544.8
11 SWANSEA CITY 543.2