Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Another Kenwright. Bags of personnel wealth. Won't put it into the football club. Take advantage of the TV riches, and the ridiculous probable Council funded new ground; then flip the club in a few years for a massive profit. 

Hail. 

We already have spent way more than Kenwright did. Didnt get some stuff done by the deadline but that doesnt worry me too much, it happens. I think the issue is more we need to establish ourselves this year so more players want to come and play here. If we dont spent any money in January or next year then I will be concerned, but definitely not concerned right now. Unless there is some stuff that has happened locally that I havent heard about that you can shed some light on.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

49 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

We already have spent way more than Kenwright did. Didnt get some stuff done by the deadline but that doesnt worry me too much, it happens. I think the issue is more we need to establish ourselves this year so more players want to come and play here. If we dont spent any money in January or next year then I will be concerned, but definitely not concerned right now. Unless there is some stuff that has happened locally that I havent heard about that you can shed some light on.

And when did he start spending anything? ...... When he got the Stones money in. Stekelenburg aside (Fulham's ressi 'keeper who is now your first choice. I know both Merseyside clubs got offered Hart. Leaves a question mark why Everton would turn him down to roll with someone as bang average as Stekelenburg? Regardless of his decent start), there wasn't a sniff of a signing until he'd banked the Stones money. As funny as the whole Sissoko f-up was deadline day, it was even more base hilarity to then have Moshiri come out talking about 'not wanting him and building around/ being loyal to your own like McCarthy. We're a family at Everton' etc. The very same McCarthy Everton had spent all the window trying to offload. 

Which is all very strange when you're now the self proclaimed 'Merseyside Millionaires.' 'We're f-ing ric !' ..... 'Uhmm, nah. You're not. Yer's are still the same bunch of tramps yers always been Kenwright was rich but that didn't matter either as he wouldn't spend his own money.

You've a top manager now so there is that but the club remains a complete shambles. Annoyingly, it looks like the Council are willing to buy you the land and half fund a new ground on two sites going cheap. Which is a complete joke in itself given L'pool got absolutely zero financial public help. But then Joe Anderson, the Mayor and Council leader, is a massive blue. Funny that. 

This is just a personal feeling, but I honestly think the Iranian is only here to make a quick buck, take advantage of the new TV money and possible funded new ground; to then flip the club for a Hell of a lot more than he bought it for and move on in a few years. 

Hail. 

13 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

And when did he start spending anything? ...... When he got the Stones money in. Stekelenburg aside (Fulham's ressi 'keeper who is now your first choice. I know both Merseyside clubs got offered Hart. Leaves a question mark why Everton would turn him down to roll with someone as bang average as Stekelenburg? Regardless of his decent start), there wasn't a sniff of a signing until he'd banked the Stones money. As funny as the whole Sissoko f-up was deadline day, it was even more base hilarity to then have Moshiri come out talking about 'not wanting him and building around/ being loyal to your own like McCarthy. We're a family at Everton' etc. The very same McCarthy Everton had spent all the window trying to offload. 

Which is all very strange when you're now the self proclaimed 'Merseyside Millionaires.' 'We're f-ing ric !' ..... 'Uhmm, nah. You're not. Yer's are still the same bunch of tramps yers always been Kenwright was rich but that didn't matter either as he wouldn't spend his own money.

You've a top manager now so there is that but the club remains a complete shambles. Annoyingly, it looks like the Council are willing to buy you the land and half fund a new ground on two sites going cheap. Which is a complete joke in itself given L'pool got absolutely zero financial public help. But then Joe Anderson, the Mayor and Council leader, is a massive blue. Funny that. 

This is just a personal feeling, but I honestly think the Iranian is only here to make a quick buck, take advantage of the new TV money and possible funded new ground; to then flip the club for a Hell of a lot more than he bought it for and move on in a few years. 

Hail. 

We shall see, I hope thats not the case, but I dont think you can tell off of one transfer window. January you usually dont see a ton of movement, so I will withhold judgement until the next summer transfer window. If we arent bringing in players and spending money Ill have to agree at that point. How much of this past transfer window was Koeman not wanting to overpay for players, like Klopp, as opposed to Moshiri curtailing spending. If Moshiri curtailed transfers to not spend money then I would be very upset, but I dont think there is evidence of that yet. 2 or 3 transfer windows will provide the evidence I think either for or against. We shall see.

All I can say after yesterday is Marriner can never ref another Chelsea game.  Two players of theirs should have been showed red for accumulation after their first yellow.  Amat was doing some downright dirty things all game.

Tbf, Courtois should have maybe been hit with a red for his lousy challenge/penalty.

Lastly, Marriner missing Cahill getting fouled not once, but twice, facing his own goal and losing the ball, is about as shocking as it gets.  Literally clear as day.  Cahill: don't put yourself in that position first off.  But come on, that's just shocking refereeing.  

I'm not going to blame the game on the ref, Chelsea had horrid miscues in the span of 2 minutes that led to both goals.  But I've never seen a game where our players get kicked about for 90 minutes like that and no one is sent off.  Ok, well maybe last year Tottenham was worse, but this was almost as bad.  And to top it all off we still should have won.  Far more chances and the goals were looming, just ran out of time.  **** Marriner.  

^^And this is me after taking almost 24 hours to cool down.  

Men in Blazers 09/09/16: MLS Pod Special With Steve Birnbaum
Men In Blazers
Duration: 18:41
Published: Fri, 09 Sep 2016 14:58:44 +0000
URL: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/stream/282122219-meninblazers-men-in-blazers-090916-mls-pod-special-with-steve-birnbaum.mp3

Rog talks with DC United and USMNT defender Steve Birnbaum about World Cup Qualifying, DC's upcoming Atlantic Cup clash with Red Bulls, and singing the Backstreet Boys at USMNT initiation.

Subscribe to this podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/MenInBlazers

----
Sent from Podcast Republic 2.8.15
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.itunestoppodcastplayer.app

I think no way Terry plays.  He has instagrammed a photo of his ankle looking swollen under some wrap.  Back four will either be:

Ivan - Cahill - Luiz - Azpi

or

Azpi - Ivan - Cahill - Alonso

Tough to throw Alonso out against Mane?  I think mane is playing down the right at least, not sure.  

On 11 September 2016 at 6:19 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Stood/ sat through 90 minutes and more yesterday, and 5 goals, and only just realised watching the highlights the white nets are back! WTF! Where'd the red ones go again? That's tradition! 

This **** needs answering!

Hail. 

Mystery solved: Revealed: Why the white nets are back at Anfield - Liverpool FC

Still much prefer the red ones that are uniquely us. As the blue nets Everton have had more often than not are them. But if the white helps the players better then so be it. 

3 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Tough to throw Alonso out against Mane?  I think mane is playing down the right at least, not sure.  

In the main. He'll line-up at kick-off on the right but that means little. We're so fluid and interchangeable, he could be coming at you either side or through the middle. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Mystery solved: Revealed: Why the white nets are back at Anfield - Liverpool FC

Still much prefer the red ones that are uniquely us. As the blue nets Everton have had more often than not are them. But if the white helps the players better then so be it. 

Hail. 

Interesting, I can see that. You would think the white posts would be enough to catch the eye but every little bit helps.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Interesting, I can see that. You would think the white posts would be enough to catch the eye but every little bit helps.

True. And ultimately if the goals fly in, who cares?

I just liked the uniqueness growing up of L'pool having red nets and Everton blue. Always struck me as being us. Something nobody else in the Country had. 

I'll miss that but whatever works best. Shrugs. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Good game, nice to get 3 straight wins. Hopefully we can continue this over the next 4 games which are all very winnable. So far only given up 2 goals this season which is a huge improvement.

I haven't checked, but I hope we get a run like that... :ols:

All the respect in the world for RK and I think Everton are on the right track, but West Brom, Stoke, and Sunderland is a dream run.  Good result against Spurs, too, tbf.

Everton... unbeaten in 2017!  I'll say it for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DC9 said:

I haven't checked, but I hope we get a run like that... :ols:

All the respect in the world for RK and I think Everton are on the right track, but West Brom, Stoke, and Sunderland is a dream run.  Good result against Spurs, too, tbf.

Everton... unbeaten in 2017!  I'll say it for you.

Hah, well we weren't winning these games before. And as we all know, there are no easy games in the EPL. See: Burnley v Liverpool. 

I'm more excited about only giving up 2 goals so far in 4 games.

• Like 1

Back to yesterdays game... Barkley looked awful all game yesterday. Horrible passing, lots of giveaways, just looks horrible. Probably not a coincidence that after he was pulled we go up 3-0 and pull out the win. He needs to up his play greatly or hes going to find himself starting on the bench. He talks about wanting to be on the England squad, he wouldnt play even for the US if he keeps playing like he has.

Well, that might not be true, we still have Bradley starting. :chair:

Additionally, Gueye continues to look to be a steal for 7 million. I expected big things from him and he has delivered.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 1