Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

That match has me leaning towards swapping my top 2 prediction...good old fashioned 4-4-2 with 4 quality strikers, power in the midfield, and versatile wingers who can pass and dribble. They are just so confident now...not to mention they are essentially an All-Star team. I'd also like to add Aguero is one of my favorite players to watch. I don't care he plays for City. Glad to see a player like Jovetic hitting his stride, too. Deserves it. Great talent.

I'd also like to add that I very much liked what I saw from both Markovic and Lambert. Look to be real quality additions.

Not so sure United are done spending. As for the scousers it takes time for a CB pairing to build up some chemistry. They have to decide who their top two are and get them some games together but so far they don't look like they're on the same page yet.

Liverpools problem is the whole back 4 and how they play as a unit not just the centre backs. To be fair they are pretty new as a unit and it can take time to learn how to play with each other but a lot of work is needed on the training field and quickly. Right now they are playing as 4 individuals not together.

Before I get to tonight's game, I'm LOVING the Balotteli nonsense the last few days. Not needed panic buy indeed. Top class forward (of which we only had 3. With serious doubts on Borini); comes in for a bargain £ 16 million and it now equates to Utd and Di Maria? You guys are entertaining if nothing else. This scenario is like Suarez all over.

Last nights game was the perfect indicator as to how Suarez will be missed. There's been a lot written and all kind of stats put out there as to how you performed 'better' when he wasn't in the team, but without him the whole dynamics of the team changes. The back 4 and keeper are average to good at best. Gerard as the deep holding midfielder this season looks suspect at present, although its still early days. And no doubt you have talent going forward, but for the first 40 minutes last night you had City pinned back but couldn't put them away. Chances are Suarez gets you a goal last year and you're 1 up on them before the first mistake.

Maybe you get that from Balotelli, maybe not. I don't consider Balotelli or Di Maria panic buys, I just don't think they fix the problem and push the respective teams in the right direction. However, the Balotelli signing is far better as the cost is next to nothing in the current climate and you will need him to cover for Sturridge who we all know will get injured sooner rather than later.

As much as individual mistakes cost L'pool last night, the major difference from last years game at City was not pressing them all over the pitch. Last year we had them panicked and should of won. This year not so much. Why we've gotten away from that high energy outlook the first two games is frustrating but noticeable.

As regards the back end, it's a continued concern but not half as big a one as last year. Mingolet is going to be a weak link all year for me, but he's all we have this term. The full back slots have been significantly upgraded. Moreno had a terrible debut last night but that was his first game in England against the Champions. He'll learn. The sooner Manquilo is the permanent right back and the abysmal Johnson gone for ever the better. Same with Sakho. He should be playing now to nail down a partnership with Lovren.

The pieces are there. They just need to be out there playing and growing together.

I would bite the bullet on Gerrard Sunday though and put Can in. Rodgers won't as there's no other way you could paint that other than what it is. Dropping your captain. But he needs sitting. The first 2 games have completely passed him by and he's neither use nor ornament back there. At least the youth of Can is all action and he puts his foot in. The back 4 need that protection at present and Steven just isn't giving it.

But again, if we get back to last seasons high energy pressing game and the attack clicks into gear the pressure on the defense will dicipate.

Back on track at Tottenham before the International break.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Liverpools problem is the whole back 4 and how they play as a unit not just the centre backs. To be fair they are pretty new as a unit and it can take time to learn how to play with each other but a lot of work is needed on the training field and quickly. Right now they are playing as 4 individuals not together.

Exactly. 

Nothing that can't be corrected with hard work in training and the more they play together. And video work which apparently BR is big on. The modern game huh?

Hail. 

If Arsene Wenger does not sign a striker to go along with Carvalho and Alderweireld...

But but but ..... What about Campbell whom you said I wa real harsh on am would be a good Peemier League striker?

SO envious of Utd getting to go to MK's tonight. I'd of loved that one to add a very tidy new ground.

Guess I'll just have to hope we draw MK Dons in round 3. :)

Hail.

Also, I'm not sure what to make of the reported interest we have in Alessio Cerci.

I saw that too. Sounds good but I'm not getting my hopes up.

You follow Arsenal and Washington.

What more perpetration do you need?

Hail.

Arsenal wins important things occasionally and give me occasional joy. Redskins only do that when I play Madden.

Yes but standards are far too high to linger there

*were

:)

I don't even hate Man U like that tbh. I'm just messing with you man

In other news, Wenger may not be looking for a striker

All that good will from the summer will be gone. While all those signings were nice, striker was a more pressing need

Wenger has a bit of Shanahan in him. Thinks they can make anything work

*were

:)

I don't even hate Man U like that tbh. I'm just messing with you man

In other news, Wenger may not be looking for a striker

All that good will from the summer will be gone. While all those signings were nice, striker was a more pressing need

Wenger has a bit of Shanahan in him. Thinks they can make anything work

what striker is available? Balotelli had a terrible year last year and his a headcase (Good luck scousers).

Cavani and Falcao are people trolling.

Remy? THe man who fails medicals?

Bony? is he even good?

Altidore?

seriously, who is left.