Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Lots of encouraging stuff from Liverpool here.  No real threat in the final third just yet, but great patient build-up and until Moreno waited on that ball, very solid in defense.

All City need is one mistake to capitalize on, and they did there.  Not bad all in all.

Let's see what kind of 2nd half we get.  All of these balls in from the wing it would be great to have Balo up for today.

This side will keep getting better and better as the season goes on.  Would love to get a point out of this match.

We should all be so lucky to bring an Aguerro in off the bench in the 70' right?

They have the deepest squad money can buy no denying that. I still don't think the center forward pairing they had on today is all that scary but Jovetic played much better than I expected he was terrible last year. On the other hand the best number 10 in the BPL wears 21 in blue.

Balotelli to Liverpool is pretty much like Di Maria to United.....Papers over the cracks of where the real problems are....

Not so sure United are done spending. As for the scousers it takes time for a CB pairing to build up some chemistry. They have to decide who their top two are and get them some games together but so far they don't look like they're on the same page yet.

Just under 60 mil for a quality player like Di Maria? Utd did dang good. 

When a guy whose team just lost 3-1 in primetime says "What are you talking about?" you should take head. :lol:

Not so sure United are done spending. As for the scousers it takes time for a CB pairing to build up some chemistry. They have to decide who their top two are and get them some games together but so far they don't look like they're on the same page yet.

I don't disagree, but I'm not sure it's the pairings.  It may just be BRs organization.  Everyone we've brought in has been strong elsewhere, yet for us it's been unorganized.

Balotelli to Liverpool is pretty much like Di Maria to United.....Papers over the cracks of where the real problems are....

Couldn't possibly like this post too much.  I was actually going to post the exact same thing.

Both are panic buys, with ManU putting out way too much money and Pool taking a flier on a player that hasn't done anything near his 'potential' at the club or country level. 

DiMaria is a great attacking midfielder in the right system, but does nothing to address ManU's obvious flaws in CB.  Same for Balotelli - he can score some great goals, but disappears far too often in matches against good to great defenses.  Again, covers for the awful defending that is going on currently at Liverpool.

ManU wont' get embarrassed at the CL level this year as they won't be there, but the current signs signal that they will struggle to finish in the top 7 this year which means every top player leaves and they are in wilderness for at least 5-8 years.

On the other hand, Pool could be easily embarrassed by a UCL draw of Real Madrid, Dortmund, Pool, Roma.  Their defense right now is not good enough to handle any team in Pot 1 and maybe Zenit or Denisk in the second pool.

And in Germany, Bayern buys from whoever they want. Name another league in which a team can buy/sign the 3 best players of its closes rival? (Matter of time before Reus signs with Bayern) You're being highly dense if you don't get that I wasn't criticizing Bayern but pointing out that they enjoy a luxury no other top club does.

No, you are being incredibly dense if you don't realize the situations.

Bayern got Goetze because Dortmund, for some reason, put a ridiculously small buyout clause in his contract.  Combine that with the fact he grew up a Bayern fan and you have good business for Bayern.  Lewa was let go on a FREE because Dortmund again didn't put a high clause in his contract and he decided he wanted to play in Germany and went to Bayern.  Where's the 3rd (Reuss would fall in the same category as Goetze if it happens - blame Dortmund).

In the EPL, the top English players are constantly poached (for much higher fees due to the restrictions regarding home grown players) by the top clubs.

I know most of you non-German following folks read a column or two and think Bayern just buy anyone they want for any money, but that is not even close to true.  The German leagues follow a strict code of not allowing foreign 'sugar daddies' - see City, Chelsea, PSG, Monaco, etc for examples - and won't allow their teams to go into massive debt - see ManU, Pool, Barca, Real Madrid, etc.

Stop reading just the 'American' translated English tabloids for your transfer news.  You may learn something (and even post something close to the truth here).  :P

When a guy whose team just lost 3-1 in primetime says "What are you talking about?" you should take head. :lol:

Di Maria is a amazing talent. You don't get great deals on talent unless they bite people or have a history of stupid crap.  Di Maria is a guy who who can control a mid field.  Something that Utd wanted in Kroos months back.  It's a smart move for both.  Real gets some money back/loses a unhappy player and Utd gets a top player which they very much need.  Someone who has a history of success and knows how to win.  A player like that brings a winning mentality which they so desperately need.

You in the old Wellington GHH ?

I was in Lass 'O' Gowrie's when i posted that. (And man alive those typos are cringe worthy.  :lol:.) Over the road from Oxford Road station down where the BBC Granada studies used to be before they got knocked down and moved. 

All of our tussles aside I have to say I'm incredibly jealous. After we moved to Oxford I only got to be in the north on visits but I'd give my right arm to spend a couple of months in Manchester or Durham or even Liverpool where I've only been once as much as I love Oxford and London too.

Oxfordshire is a beautiful part of the Country I could happily live in. Some of the villages round there are picture perfect. One of my best 'getting into a stadium for free' story's was at Oxford at the old Manor ground, which was a ramshackle little place which held around 10 thousand. to say it was dilapidated is an understatement. Anyways, and bare in mind I was 15 at the time, I'm down there with my cousin and some of his mates, for what was a rare all ticket game back then as Kenny's army swept all before them. So we got down Oxford early, and we're up at the ground and there's this little wooden door in the side of the stand through which all these Police officers are going, with an aul'; fella' holding it open. So our Ste' say's 'fellow my lead boys' and 6 bedraggled lads follow the last of the Police with Ste saying to the guy on holding open the door 'plain clothes mate' and in we all walk, swerving the actual police, round to our end, and lay low until the gates open. Me, a 15 year old kid, walking in as a plain clothes cop with 5 other scruffs.  :lol:. Scouse cheek and ingenuity at it's finest.  :D

Before I get to tonight's game, I'm LOVING the Balotteli nonsense the last few days. Not needed panic buy indeed. Top class forward (of which we only had 3. With serious doubts on Borini); comes in for a bargain £ 16 million and it now equates to Utd and Di Maria? You guys are entertaining if nothing else. This scenario is like Suarez all over. Everyone else hates it. Liverpool fans are absolutely ecstatic over it. Just the way we like it.  :D

Well that wasn't meant to happen tonight. Strange game. NEVER a 3-1 game. Yet could well of been 4 or 5 for City. Totally in control for 40 minutes without creating anything, then a shocking mistake from Moreno gifts them the lead. More terrible defending from him gifts the second. And just what the **** the equally woeful Lovren and Skrtel were doing on Augero's goal is anyones guess. That was disgraceful defending. He basically came on, ran across the field and up, and was free to score the third. If everyone else knows the serious threat he brings, you'd think the two boneheaded centre half's would. And just what the **** was Lambert doing the second chance. Confidence high after his first goal, and he looks to square it? Put yer frigging boot through it and lash it at goal dopey. Markovic looked promising. A direct, old fashioned winger. Gerrard totally non-existent again. Honestly, and Rodgers won't because it would mean he'd be dropped; but I WOULD drop Steven and go Henderson, Allen (who had a decent game and should never of been off whilst Gerrard was left on) and Can. But that would mean he'd dropped the captain and that just doesn't fly. Not too worried about Moreno. He'll learn from that and get the pace of this league. But the overall defending was as abysmal as at any time last year. 

But hey, onto Sunday and a trip I can't WAIT to make down to Tottenham. Some dude making his debut I believe .....

'Mario fantastico; Mario magnifico, Allez Allez, Allez Allez .....'

'Forza Liverpool, Forza Liverpool, Forza Liverpool Allez Allez .....'

*Multicultural reds.  :P

Hail. 

No, you are being incredibly dense if you don't realize the situations.

Bayern got Goetze because Dortmund, for some reason, put a ridiculously small buyout clause in his contract.  Combine that with the fact he grew up a Bayern fan and you have good business for Bayern.  Lewa was let go on a FREE because Dortmund again didn't put a high clause in his contract and he decided he wanted to play in Germany and went to Bayern.  Where's the 3rd (Reuss would fall in the same category as Goetze if it happens - blame Dortmund).

In the EPL, the top English players are constantly poached (for much higher fees due to the restrictions regarding home grown players) by the top clubs.

I know most of you non-German following folks read a column or two and think Bayern just buy anyone they want for any money, but that is not even close to true.  The German leagues follow a strict code of not allowing foreign 'sugar daddies' - see City, Chelsea, PSG, Monaco, etc for examples - and won't allow their teams to go into massive debt - see ManU, Pool, Barca, Real Madrid, etc.

Stop reading just the 'American' translated English tabloids for your transfer news.  You may learn something (and even post something close to the truth here).  :P

Adorable.

Let's suppose for argument's sake that Ferguson doesn't retire and United maintain their status as the dominant team in the land. There is no way in the world they just start picking players off of Chelsea and City, who were their main rivals for the titles. Same in Spain as Barcelona and Real Madrid almost never (last time this happened was about 15 years ago) buy players from each other. The reasons why Bayern were able to buy those players don't interest me in the least bit. All I know is something no other big club in the world has the ability to do. Draxler or Meyer will end up there one way or another along with Reus and Gundogan would have followed had he not had a chronic injury. On the other hand I strongly encourage you to hold your breath until City sign Eden Hazard and Oscar, or until Chelsea sign Kompany and David Silva. It's as likely to happen as you getting in a time machine and telling your boys to mark Ole at the far post.

Edited by LVSkinz

I was in Lass 'O' Gowrie's when i posted that. (And man alive those typos are cringe worthy.  :lol:.) Over the road from Oxford Road station down where the BBC Granada studies used to be before they got knocked down and moved. 

Oxfordshire is a beautiful part of the Country I could happily live in. Some of the villages round there are picture perfect. One of my best 'getting into a stadium for free' story's was at Oxford at the old Manor ground, which was a ramshackle little place which held around 10 thousand. to say it was dilapidated is an understatement. Anyways, and bare in mind I was 15 at the time, I'm down there with my cousin and some of his mates, for what was a rare all ticket game back then as Kenny's army swept all before them. So we got down Oxford early, and we're up at the ground and there's this little wooden door in the side of the stand through which all these Police officers are going, with an aul'; fella' holding it open. So our Ste' say's 'fellow my lead boys' and 6 bedraggled lads follow the last of the Police with Ste saying to the guy on holding open the door 'plain clothes mate' and in we all walk, swerving the actual police, round to our end, and lay low until the gates open. Me, a 15 year old kid, walking in as a plain clothes cop with 5 other scruffs.  :lol:. Scouse cheek and ingenuity at it's finest.  :D

Before I get to tonight's game, I'm LOVING the Balotteli nonsense the last few days. Not needed panic buy indeed. Top class forward (of which we only had 3. With serious doubts on Borini); comes in for a bargain £ 16 million and it now equates to Utd and Di Maria? You guys are entertaining if nothing else. This scenario is like Suarez all over. Everyone else hates it. Liverpool fans are absolutely ecstatic over it. Just the way we like it.  :D

Well that wasn't meant to happen tonight. Strange game. NEVER a 3-1 game. Yet could well of been 4 or 5 for City. Totally in control for 40 minutes without creating anything, then a shocking mistake from Moreno gifts them the lead. More terrible defending from him gifts the second. And just what the **** the equally woeful Lovren and Skrtel were doing on Augero's goal is anyones guess. That was disgraceful defending. He basically came on, ran across the field and up, and was free to score the third. If everyone else knows the serious threat he brings, you'd think the two boneheaded centre half's would. And just what the **** was Lambert doing the second chance. Confidence high after his first goal, and he looks to square it? Put yer frigging boot through it and lash it at goal dopey. Markovic looked promising. A direct, old fashioned winger. Gerrard totally non-existent again. Honestly, and Rodgers won't because it would mean he'd be dropped; but I WOULD drop Steven and go Henderson, Allen (who had a decent game and should never of been off whilst Gerrard was left on) and Can. But that would mean he'd dropped the captain and that just doesn't fly. Not too worried about Moreno. He'll learn from that and get the pace of this league. But the overall defending was as abysmal as at any time last year. 

But hey, onto Sunday and a trip I can't WAIT to make down to Tottenham. Some dude making his debut I believe .....

'Mario fantastico; Mario magnifico, Allez Allez, Allez Allez .....'

'Forza Liverpool, Forza Liverpool, Forza Liverpool Allez Allez .....'

*Multicultural reds.  :P

Hail. 

Don't eff with East Oxford son. I've been to the Kazam a few times and I've seen better looking portable toilets.