Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I understand you hate Man Utd and every single one of their players but it's fair to say you're being a bit harsh on the kid.

B/S.

My views on Welbeck has jack **** to do with the club he currently plus for. He's a piss poor average at best forward. He works hard, is quick, and is disciplined wherever he's put but he's little else to his game. A typical modern day player. He has ZERO natural goal scoring instinct and is always a yard behind in thought and anticipation.

What's his Utd record? One in 4? One in 5? That's beyond abysmal for the duration he's been there and the chances they've created during that time.

Average mediocrity doesn't begin to cover Danny Welbeck when it comes to centre forward play.

The fact Hodgson favours him for England tells you more about that clown than anything else.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

'No business anywhere near a top end Premiership team.' Better?

His level is someone like a Sunderland who are now showing interest or a Palace or the like. A team that's little better than a Championship side and yo-yo's up and down.

He'd 'do a job' for those type of clubs with his work rate and discipline.

At the top level, where you need something different, not so much.

How he's lasted so long at Utd is anyone's guess. I can only presume the vanity of Ferguson wanting to be proved right on another youngster has played a major part.

Hail.

What jersey number will Messi be wearing at Liverpool?

When he swaps with Mario at the end of the 2015 Chamoions League final .....

He provides United with depth up front. He scored 10 goals in 30 appearances (19 starts). And I don't understand why Ferguson's ego would have to do with them holding on to him this year and last year. But I'm done arguing with you, you madman!

How long a contract did Ferguson leave him on and at what salary?

Hard to shift someone so average to a smaller club who can't afford the wages AND the asking fee.

All relative.

Hail.

• Like 1

What jersey number will Messi be wearing at Liverpool?

They dont need Messi, tbf. They have Coutinho.

and I agree with GHH about Welbeck. The boy aint that good. Runs hard, but if you not scoring you are Dirk Kuyt or Alan Smith (Leeds/United/Newcastle version).

• Like 2

Happy for QPR would like to see them stay up.

This conflicts me. 

On the one hand, I absolutely LOVE Loftus Road. It's my favourite away ground. There's just something about it. It doesn't have the character of Highbury. It's not very big. It's antiquated now. But there's just something that always makes QPR a boss trip. 

BUT I absolutely detest that plastic faced, underhand, thieving over hyped never won jack **** fraud Redknapp. 

So I hope they finish rock bottom. 

Hail. 

This conflicts me. 

On the one hand, I absolutely LOVE Loftus Road. It's my favourite away ground. There's just something about it. It doesn't have the character of Highbury. It's not very big. It's antiquated now. But there's just something that always makes QPR a boss trip. 

BUT I absolutely detest that plastic faced, underhand, thieving over hyped never won jack **** fraud Redknapp. 

So I hope they finish rock bottom. 

Hail. 

LOL well I can't speak to the atmosphere of any English club's ground as I've never been to the country but I do like the players they've got. I think they have the quality to stay up and will enjoy watching their matches when I get the chance this year.

LOL well I can't speak to the atmosphere of any English club's ground as I've never been to the country ..... .

Highbury was always a real favourite of mine. (Even if it did always get pretty 'naughty' shall we say with the Aresenal lads.). Now that was a ground with real character and tradition. It just oozed it. Generated a decent atmosphere too.

The Emirates is just meh. Another new build with no character, vastly over priced and a poor atmosphere. I understand the need for bigger and more corporate in this day and age but Arsenal lost a LOT in changing grounds.

QPR leads to a great atmosphere as your all boxed in right on top of the pitch. Tube station just up the top of the road by the BBC. Big pub right outside. One of the friendliest set if fans in London. Just adds for me personally to one of my favourite grounds to visit.

Hail.

Highbury was always a real favourite of mine. (Even if it did always get pretty 'naughty' shall we say with the Aresenal lads.). Now that was a groin with real character am tradition. It just oozed it. Generated a decent atmosphere too.

The Emirates is just meh. Another new build with no character, vastly over priced and a poor atmosphere. I understand the need for bigger and more corporate in this day and age but Arsenal lost a LOT in changing grounds.

QPR leads to a great atmosphere as your all boxed in right on top of the pitch. Tube station just up the top of the road by the BBC. Big pub right outside. One of the friendliest set if fans in London. Just adds for me personally to one of my favourite grounds to visit.

Hail.

I'd love to have attended a match at Highbury in its hay-day but alas those days are gone. I can definitely envision myself attending a match at the Emirates at some point down the line though...

Transfer news:

Laurent Blanc admits that Paris St Germain look unable to move for Real Madrid winger Angel Di Maria because of the financial implications. Carlo Ancelotti has already confirmed Di Maria has asked to leave Madrid this summer amid strong links to both PSG and Manchester United.

I really hope Angel does not join the Dark Side.

• Like 1

As you can tell, the Red Corner of Merseyside isn't tripping at all.

Awwww man work was buzzing all night. (Bar the bitters doing their best to try console themselves that we've brought in another malcontent who will implode the dressing room and send us back to our rightful place of 6/ 7th now we've lost our only player Luis  :rolleyes:.).

Brendan needed a marque signing and boy has he delivered. Marigoal (working on it but I'ma copyright that as a work in progress :P ) will be absolutely hero worshiped here. And coupled with the love and protection he'll get from his manager and new club, it's the PERFECT fit for player and club. Everyone I've spoken to, to a man with just a few slight concerns from one or two; are ecstatic over this. 

Book mark this for the seasons end ..... Liverpool will finish NO lower than 2nd this season!

The BR Revolution just stepped up a notch. 

Roll on Monday night! 

Hail. 

• Like 1

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/9433480/everton-keeper-howard-takes-international-break

Never heard of this. First we get the ridiculous notion of players being held out from the start of the season after the WC, and now players allowed to 'take a break' from International duty. Those poor, poor over pampered prime of their health multi millionaires .....

I guess this in realty just about signals the end of Howard's US career given his age. (Not that 35 is old for 'keeper but it's time to stick with a younger guy for 2018. Even more so if Tim's heart is no longer in it. 

Everton are the only winners here. 

Hail. 

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/9433480/everton-keeper-howard-takes-international-break

Never heard of this. First we get the ridiculous notion of players being held out from the start of the season after the WC, and now players allowed to 'take a break' from International duty. Those poor, poor over pampered prime of their health multi millionaires .....

I guess this in realty just about signals the end of Howard's US career given his age. (Not that 35 is old for 'keeper but it's time to stick with a younger guy for 2018. Even more so if Tim's heart is no longer in it. 

Hail. 

Just because it was done differently "back in the day" doesn't make it right.

Heck, not even two decades ago "water breaks are for pussies" mentality existed in pointy football.

• Like 1

Hail. 

I don't have a problem with it to be honest.  And he stated that it's to spend more time with his family.  Don't see how that's a bad thing.

Fined for misconduct

The Guardian revealed on Friday that a clause was included in Super Mario's contract at the request of Brendan Rodgers. It stipulates that in case of delay in training, of any wrongdoing or trouble with his teammates, the former Manchester City striker will be heavily fined.

It seems that this transfer was decided by the front office after the setbacks on the Remy, Falcao and Cavani deals.

If Mario learns LFC is going to kick some asses.

Edit: According to Mundo deportivo Reus turned down an offer from Barcelona, he wants to play for FC Bayern next year. Interesting since BvB's front office is strongly opposed to this move.

Edited by FrFan