Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Arsenal fans have been funny this summer: "Khedira is asking too much in wages" "Carvalho is a better buy"

WTF do you care, Mr Gooner? It's not your money and more than likely you've ****ed for the past 7 years that Wenger is not spending any money. 

When you invest your hard earned money in the club in tickets/ travel and merchandise, then in effect it DOES become your money and you want to see it invested wisely. Easy to say that from 3000 odd miles away without that MASSIVE financial commitment to your club in the scandalously over priced BPL. Particularly at the very top end where 3 or 4 clubs fans subsidize the rest in what we have to pay to watch our teams.  But thats a WHOLE other debate that we don't need to get into on the eve of a new season.  

Talking of Arsenal .....

Welcome to the Emirates tomorrow and your sold out attendance. That actually is FAR from .....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9423055/request-reveals-170000-arsenal-fans-did-not-show-up-at-emirates-stadium-last-season

GOONER FOR LIFE! Just not on a match day if I've something else on. Like shopping with the wife  :rolleyes:

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

When you invest your hard earned money in the club in tickets/ travel and merchandise, then in effect it DOES become your money and you want to see it invested wisely. Easy to say that from 3000 odd miles away without that MASSIVE financial commitment to your club in the scandalously over priced BPL. Particularly at the very top end where 3 or 4 clubs fans subsidize the rest in what we have to pay to watch our teams.  But thats a WHOLE other debate that we don't need to get into on the eve of a new season.  

Talking of Arsenal .....

Welcome to the Emirates tomorrow and your sold out attendance. That actually is FAR from .....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9423055/request-reveals-170000-arsenal-fans-did-not-show-up-at-emirates-stadium-last-season

GOONER FOR LIFE! Just not on a match day if I've something else on. Like shopping with the wife  :rolleyes:

Hail. 

Fair point, but you still can't have it both ways. Wenger doesn't spend frivolously, so IF he had wanted to pay Khedira's transfer and wages I think you give him the benefit of the doubt. Instead of whining endlessly about the cost of players when the previous years the same fan was whining about making a move for a player of Khedira's stature and cost.

There was an interesting bit in the book Soccernomics. The big clubs of Europe evolved in industrial centers: Barca, Manchester, Liverpool, Milan, Turin. Capital cities are/weren't hot beds for football clubs because people had other diversions. Real was the exception because they were bankrolled by either the King or Franco (I can't remember). 

Same thing happens with the Washington Football team, largest capacity stadium. Attendance is kinda spotty for a team with years-long waiting list (but you can walk up day of and buy a ticket) and then a lot of fans are sporting other teams' jerseys at FedEx. 

44,759 is still pretty good attendance for their lowest in-seats turnout. You can pack a 45,000-seat stadium and still essentially the same in terms of net-butts in seats.

From the article: One club whose official attendance figures are based on real people is Tottenham. The highest attendance at White Hart Lane last season was 36,284 in the Europa League game against Dnipro, the same number that was recorded.

There's not much going on on Thursday nights?

From the article: One club whose official attendance figures are based on real people is Tottenham. The highest attendance at White Hart Lane last season was 36,284 in the Europa League game against Dnipro, the same number that was recorded.

There's not much going on on Thursday nights?

:lol:  :lol: Utd can only dream about that.  :P

Moreno unavailable for Sunday as his paperwork missed the deadline. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Arsenal fans have been funny this summer: "Khedira is asking too much in wages" "Carvalho is a better buy"

WTF do you care, Mr Gooner? It's not your money and more than likely you've ****ed for the past 7 years that Wenger is not spending any money. 

Some fans are preferring Carvalho to Khedira just based on the type of player alone. Carvalho is a big bruiser whereas Khedira is a bit more finesse.

• Like 1

Some fans are preferring Carvalho to Khedira just based on the type of player alone. Carvalho is a big bruiser whereas Khedira is a bit more finesse.

Yeah, there's that contingent but what I'm reading is: Khedira isn't worth the money he's asking so let's go for Carvalho.

Where are the links to this Reus nonsense

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.maxifoot.fr%2Ffootball%2Farticle-22655.htm

google translated

Athletic and Dortmund negotiate the transfer of Marco Reus

This one for Jobaga:

Simeone: "I think with Antoine Griezmann, Raul Garcia, Mario Mandzukic and Jimenez, we have enough offensive power," he said in remarks relayed by beIN Sport.

Edited by FrFan

Enlightened Arsenal fans rather have Carvalho because he is a defensive player while Khedira is similar to Ramsey.

Dont give a damn about wages, i care about practicality.

nbcsports now reporting it too. I don't know if they're reliable or not, just figuring that they're legit and not rumor mongers

Enlightened Arsenal fans rather have Carvalho because he is a defensive player while Khedira is similar to Ramsey.

Dont give a damn about wages, i care about practicality.

Gimme a break. You're such a connoisseur after watching YouTube highlights of Carvalho or seeing his FIFA ratings? How many Sporting/Brugge matches did you watch in the past 3 years?

Gimme a break. You're such a connoisseur after watching YouTube highlights of Carvalho or seeing his FIFA ratings? How many Sporting/Brugge matches did you watch in the past 3 years?

Ive seen a couple Sporting matches.

Watched him at the World Cup as well and was impressed.

I know some fans like big names and big names only, but Khedira is not a defensive player. He hated playing that role under Mourinho. He looks great going forward. Ramsey is the best midfielder on Earth in that role.

"BR might sign Reus"

Liverpool fans joke, but stay medium

"Arsene Wanker might sign Reus"

Arsenal fans:

tumblr_inline_mh9c1l0RK01qz4rgp.gif

really? I laughed it off. Most ARsenal fans did. Even in this thread, most of us laughed it off.

But if he were to come, it would probably because he prefers London over Liverpool according to Brenton. sass2.png

Ive seen a couple Sporting matches.

Watched him at the World Cup as well and was impressed.

I know some fans like big names and big names only, but Khedira is not a defensive player. He hated playing that role under Mourinho. He looks great going forward. Ramsey is the best midfielder on Earth in that role.

And in history. Makes Yaya Toure and Iniesta look like scrubs.

• Like 1