Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Arsenal has been notorious for starting out slow in the last two months. They've gotten away with it against Southhampton, Villa, etc.

But when you come sloppy and ****ty away against a decent team, you get **** slapped. Man U will keep the misery going on us Wednesday....

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

beautiful pass by Coutinho

http://www.liverpool-redarmy.com/lfc-videos/item/2968

By the way, GHH can you and the boys in the Kop come up with a song for Sturridge?

I really think the 3 of them (4 and 5 if you count Hendo and Raheem) worked out their kinks in the Bournmouth FA Cup match.

They all hadn't played together for a while.

And Stevie G has really relaxed that back four and is making them feel better.

Can't say enough about the midfield today so far.  Stevie, Hendo, and Coutinho are being pests.

So is Sterling.

By the way, GHH can you and the boys in the Kop come up with a song for Sturridge?

Yeah, 'One Daniel Sturridge' is a bit boring like other clubs. There's been an attempt to get his name going to the old Paddy Berger song recently. But thankfully that's not taken off. Now that is lazy. Bergers a legend. Can't be having that.

I aren't there today (didn't fancy it. Go figure?); but I am the cup tie so I'll float some ideas on the long drive down to Arsenal next Sunday for part two. Something tells me that might be quite a different game.

But for now, let's enjoy this master class. Arsenal are top the league right? Has Mingolet had a shot to save yet?

Keep it going Red Men. We want 6!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

After that dodgy first game as a defensive midfielder, Gerrard has been fantastic in that role. Not only has he controlled the games, but it allows Henderson to make runs and Coutinho to play a more advanced role and create chances. Sterling has been fantastic, instead of using the recycled SAS they are SSS!

Clem in his '60's is probably a safer bet than Mingolet.

Just saying.

Hail.

They brought that up :lol:

They said he could've played goal in the first half and it would've been a clean sheet.

Simon made some decent saves today, though.  Time to string a couple together.  Fulham upcoming has got to be 3!

Enjoy the night, brother.

And my new favorite song was ringing early tonight!

Yeah, and we need to add another S to SAS. Maybe even a 4th with Skirtel :P

So hows about S cubed?

This made me think of this (My mind works in mysterious ways) ..... Back in the day, it used to be a tradition before the cup final for each team to release a cup final song. This was Kenny's great '88 side proving once again sports stars and music just don't mesh .....

Hail.

Clem in his '60's is probably a safer bet than Mingolet.

Just saying.

Hail.

You need to take a look at Stoke - Begovic or Butland should be available this summer because a club like Stoke can't afford two keepers of that quality for one spot. I stand by my prediction that Jack Butland will be in the England set up pushing Joe Hart very hard soon and ultimately will be the England number 1.

Great result for you today GHH - did not see the match as I was watching Leeds smash the mighty Yeovil 2-1 ........We really can't get back in the Premier League fast enough!!!

• Like 1

You need to take a look at Stoke - Begovic or Butland should be available this summer because a club like Stoke can't afford two keepers of that quality for one spot. I stand by my prediction that Jack Butland will be in the England set up pushing Joe Hart very hard soon and ultimately will be the England number 1.

Great result for you today GHH - did not see the match as I was watching Leeds smash the mighty Yeovil 2-1 ........We really can't get back in the Premier League fast enough!!!

You know I share your views on Butland.. It's a crying shame he's not currently getting the experience his talents deserve or there would surely be NO doubt he'd be on the plane to Brazil. Nobody's prepared to go through growing pains anymore with young 'keepers which is a crying shame and major catch-22. How do you get a decent gig without the experience? How do you get top flight experience if your club won't allow the manager the time to let you grow?

And think yourself lucky you only watched your game on the TV. I had the misfortune of 'experiencing' Yeovil some years back in a third round cup tie. Now THAT was a long ass drive to the middle of nowhere in Somerset. Down all these windy country lanes. Right slap bang in the middle if Yokel country. And to make things worse, the Beeb had taken it for the live Sunday game, and it was an early kick off so the one ale house in this God forsaken 'Children of the Corn' place was shut on Police advice. A completely stupid move with our boys in town as the one supermarket and offi got completely ransacked by the thirsty hoad of devouring locusts. Uhmmm, travelling L'pool fans.

Horrid game too. Think we scraped a 1-0. Maybe 2. With Houllier trying to tell us after what a great professional job we'd done. It was *****.

Reminds me of the time at Swindon where some ****, after we stumbled through a friging hedge no less into a live Sky Interview, shoved a microphone in my face and asked 'What do you think of your new signing?'; to which, having looked this gangly beut up and down I replied 'Never seen him before. Lad, who the **** are yer and are youse sat on a horse or am I stood in a frigging hole? <turning back to Sky fella'> Big ugly **** isn't he? Who is he again fella'?' ..... You've never seen a live interview end so quick lol. Turned out it was Swindons new Norweigen Jan Aage Fjortoft.

Moral being stay clear of Farmer Giles and his yokel inbred mates in places like Yeovil and Swindon.

Happy to of been of help. -:)

Hail.

• Like 1

Bad day all around for Monsieur Wenger. Here he is going flat on his ass at Limey as he went to catch the train home:

IMG_20140208_00205759.jpg

Hail.

*Edit* It hasn't come through has it? Darn it. It's a good one too.

Did he really fall down or is it a goof?