Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

How did they give MOM to a Liverpool player after that? :D

Great performance. Not sure how we didn't take some of those chances tbf. Proud as **** though. Played with zero fear. 7 first team players missing and gave them every bit as good as they got. 

Bigger game is Villa on Saturday anyway. Theres a genuine promotion charge in this team. I'm sure of it. 

• Like 1

Something's never change. Whatever the era. Whatever the manager. Leeds be a sly, dirty side. Ingrained in the club from Revie on and they revel in it. 

Some of the nasty challenges aside (how was that NOT a peno on Wijmaldum BTW? Or hand ball just before it?), they didn't give a bad account of themselves. You always felt we had another couple of gears if needed. Trent by far the best player the park. Thought he was superb capped by a great ball for Divocks opener. Don't say we've not been telling yers about young Ben. That kid is a natural. Absolutely chuffed for him and he took it superbly. 

Profesional, comfortable job with a few decent moments for Leeds thrown in for good measure.  (The shot the lad webbed against the post was superb.). 

Yet another semi. Job done.

Up the treble chasing Reds!

Hail.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Something's never change. Whatever the era. Whatever the manager. Leeds be a sly, dirty side. Ingrained in the club from Revie on and they revel in it. 

Some of the nasty challenges aside (how was that NOT a peno on Wijmaldum BTW? Or hand ball just before it?)

We're in your face and physical. In no way were we dirty tonight I thought. One yellow card. Would've been a terribly soft penalty too. 

Best away fans in Anfield this year? :)

3 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

We're in your face and physical. In no way were we dirty tonight I thought. One yellow card. Would've been a terribly soft penalty too. 

Bollocks. You were leaving the foot in all night. Stonewall pen. 

Yeah, if singing about Utd and Chelsea when you're not playing them is your thing ......

Loved the fact we did the right thing and chose to wear black armbands too. Classy L'pool.

Hail.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Yeah, if singing about Utd and Chelsea when you're not playing them is your thing ......

I knew you'd find a way not to give us credit :D

Lots of comments online (from Liverpool fans) about how outstanding the Leeds fans were throughout the game. Lots of noise. 

Edited by Morrison J

4 hours ago, btfoom said:

Why, what's up with him?

Nothing's wrong.  Long and Left kind of covered what was on my mind... he's had a dip in form since the break.  SHOULD'VE scored twice (at least) vs Southampton and definitely made it hard as possible vs Sunderland where it could've been 3-0 had he been on the same page.

So I wasn't upset that he was getting a run and he isn't injured, but I was more surprised that Jurgen was giving him a run against a Championship side known for not shying away from shady challenge or two.

19 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

We did just host Borrusia Dortmund in the spring.

Though, to be fair they were god smacked by the YNWA.

1 minute ago, DC9 said:

Yes... Klavan, who is the 5th CB is 31

Lucas is 29.

Migs is 28.

Here's your medal... :ols:

And we had youth all over the pitch bar Berrardi who's an ancient 28! Our youngsters competed with yours thats all I'm saying despite what the TV narrative was!

We had the same amount of first teamers playing than you did. 

Only consistent Leeds starters who played the majority of the game were Bartley, Taylor and arguably Roofe. 

Likes of Green, Ayling, Jansson, Bridcutt, Hernandez, O'Kane and Wood start every league game for us when fit.

46 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

I knew you'd find a way not to give us credit :D

Lots of comments online (from Liverpool fans) about how outstanding the Leeds fans were throughout the game. Lots of noise. 

Outstanding?

As opposed to any other lower division side on a big night out? I don't know what you want anyone to say. Good away support. (Even if you do love to sing about Utd and Chelsea.). 

No different to any lower league club away at a major club in the cup. Which it should be with 7K or so there. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Evidently not the only ones singing about Man U btw (you lot joined in)

And lads were getting SEVERE reprimands the Kop that did applaud that. 

That's complete wool behaviour. You're the achityple wools so no surprise there but ****ing embarrassing to hear so called L'pool fans singing about Utd when we're not even playing them. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

3 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

And lads were getting SEVERE reprimands the Kop that did applaud that. 

That's complete wool behaviour. You're the achityple wools so no surprise there but ****ing embarrassing to hear so called L'pool fans singing about Utd when we're not even playing them. 

Hail. 

Meh Man Utd sing about us during every game too. Not embarrassing at all imo but if you feel that way so be it. Seems the majority of Liverpool fans were happy to join in. At least we generated noise.

2 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Meh Man Utd sing about us during every game too. Not embarrassing at all imo but if you feel that way so be it. Seems the majority of Liverpool fans were happy to join in. At least we generated noise.

Justifying wool behaviour by using Utd is a piss poor justification. 

I aren't arsed what you do. That's your business. But I am L'pool fans and that was ****ing embarrassing and those applauding got the relevant response. 

Hail. 

Just now, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Justifying wool behaviour by using Utd is a piss poor justification. 

I aren't arsed what you do. That's your business. But I am L'pool fans and that was ****ing embarrassing and those applauding got the relevant response. 

Hail. 

Having a stadium that emulates a library is far more embarrassing in my opinion but thats your business I suppose :)

Just now, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Mate, you seriously don't want to get into it over fans with some of the absolute pricks that still make up your core support. 

Hail. 

No doubt. Lot of rough areas in Leeds. I'm just talking atmosphere. There's no contest between the two clubs realistically imo. 

6 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

No doubt. Lot of rough areas in Leeds. I'm just talking atmosphere. There's no contest between the two clubs realistically imo. 

Which is bollocks. Elland Roads no better than most anywhere else the Country. Big distinction between your home crowd and 7,000 having a big night out. 

Hail. 

6 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Which is bollocks. Elland Roads no better than most anywhere else the Country. Big distinction between your home crowd and 7,000 having a big night out. 

Hail. 

Elland Road is pretty good these days tbh. 

Anfield is full of day trippers and arm folders. It's the biggest myth in football. I remember you playing Real Madrid under Rodgers and it was absolutely dead from the first whistle. That would absolutely never happen at Elland Road and that's a fact. 

Anyway you're never going to admit these types of things so I'll just agree to disagree! 

Morrison J, the same one who wouldn't give Danny a lick of credit Sunday Night vs the Packers is absolutely tickled pink that Leeds lost 2-0 to the Liverpool U-23s.

I've seriously never seen him like this.  If that's all it takes bring on next year when we're the league holders and you're up.  **** I'll fly over for that one if I make it back from this next round lol.

At Anfield of course... I don't go to Leeds without my brother and Martin, both.

26 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Elland Road is pretty good these days tbh. 

Anfield is full of day trippers and arm folders. It's the biggest myth in football. I remember you playing Real Madrid under Rodgers and it was absolutely dead from the first whistle. That would absolutely never happen at Elland Road and that's a fact. 

Anyway you're never going to admit these types of things so I'll just agree to disagree! 

You're going to throw out Real Madrid with Rodgers as manager?

Here's the thing... you guys rolled into town thinking you were going to knock off big bad Liverpool.  You have a couple of songs and a decent spell or two throughout the game and you're pleased.

While we're just sitting here, oh great, another semi and it's Leeds United.  Ho hum.  Really that's it.  Business done.

Cuddle tightly in that we were a half year younger than they were blanket when we had a player on the pitch whose due in class tomorrow morning :ols:

AND HE SCORED A GOAL!

• Like 1